The NSW team for Origin I.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
CliffyIsGod said:
M. Minichiello?

YART fail right there.

Mini number 2 was massively inform last year and I think deserved a call up. His form has not been as good this year but I think would go well at origin. He is a handful and aggressive without giving away stupid penalties or starting too many fights

Obvious bias aside, I would take Gift or Choc over Minny or Dwyer in a heartbeat.

It's not hard to improve on what Stuart's picked though, has to be one of the worst forward packs to take the field for NSW.

While i don't necessarily like Ricky's side (lots of excellent players missed out - e.g how did Mullen not get a crack ?) i do like his conviction... if you can call it that.

He has been very upfront in stating that this is his team and he will live & die by his selections and the results. I like that he is not being a puppet as previous coaches appear to have been. This is a huge test for a coach who needs to do something to rebuild his coaching credibility. Lets see what happens.

And as far as i am concerned SoO is a redundant format. Looong gone are the days when the best players were from NSW & Qld...If the format was supposed to pit the best players against each other, it has ceased to deliver...consider all the great Kiwi's & Poms (kind of) who are not eligible....Foran, Benji, Ellis, Matai, Blair.... the list is long.
...and do teammates really go each other like they once did when the format was being established ? The whole 'mate vs mate' thing is just meaningless marketing spin if you ask me.

Maybe there is something in this Exiles vs Poms format we could use to enhance SoO ??

Having said all that...i will be watching !!!

Stuart is not a good coach and has quit 2 clubs I think due to failure. The Australian team lost games under his guidence so why does anyone think Stuart is going to get NSW over the line now.

Des would get a win as he IS a great coach. Why does everyone think Gus is chasing him if that is true.

I cant see how Idris can be left out. He should be in Jennings spot, or at the least on the bench in place of Trent Merrin.

Hayne showed on Saturday why he should have been picked. He carries that Parramatta side almost single handedly week in, week out.

The others I can live with but those 2 omissions are just plain horrible.

I would have went with a backline of:

Hayne
Morris
Idris
Gasnier
Uate
Carney
Pearce or Mullen

Stuarts comments about Hayne being a 5/8 not a fullback are just ridiculous. Thats exactly what you want in a fullback.

Creagh is soft and a joke.
Who is Beau Scott??? I watch pretty much every game every week & other than SOO last year (where he was awful) I've never heard of him. Does he play reserve grade at the Dragons?????
Surely Gasnier should be pissed off for Idris.

Although I don't see what Bird has done to get there, I don't mind him in there. Other than Creagh, it's a pretty angry forward pack. Choc would've been a better fit.

I'm actually happy to see Dean Young get a go. He deserves a shot.

Duff said:
Creagh is soft and a joke.
Who is Beau Scott??? I watch pretty much every game every week & other than SOO last year (where he was awful) I've never heard of him. Does he play reserve grade at the Dragons?????
Surely Gasnier should be pissed off for Idris.

Although I don't see what Bird has done to get there, I don't mind him in there. Other than Creagh, it's a pretty angry forward pack. Choc would've been a better fit.

I'm actually happy to see Dean Young get a go. He deserves a shot.

I agree with what you said other than the Dean Young comment. He is a great lock, solid backfired but is really a very average hooker. He's only going to be used as a hooker off the bench so I don't see why Farrah wasn't the better option.

The NSW forward pack is woeful enough as is without it being steered around by Ennis & Young.

If NSW can display half the courage I have the last few days, after having a few teeth removed than they will destroy QLD. I've barely cried at all!!!!

Masked Eagle said:
If NSW can display half the courage I have the last few days, after having a few teeth removed than they will destroy QLD. I've barely cried at all!!!!

You can't say courage and NSW in the same sentence with Creagh and Soward in the team.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2