The NSW team for Origin I.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The way I see it, this team is perfect...

What I mean by that is that it really wouldn't matter who NSW picked we are likely to get smashed.

Great for Kingy to get another rep gig, but no other Manly player means that we're not disadvantaged over the origin period.

Other than QLDers does any one give a **** about origin any more?

Another joke of a NSW team!! No Glen Stewart? and who are all those overated Drag Queens on the bench? Though congrats to Kingy. Otherwise the halves are ok, if not Pierce then mullen but no other choices, and ask Rebeccas Wilson about Greg bird being chosen again. Again big congrats to King, give us a good show.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
If Mick Ennis is the best you've got you are in trouble. He is a journeyman toiler, why do they pick him?

Agree to disagree CC. I love the grub. He is what Origin needs, if he and Bird can't get an all in brawl going in the first 40 I'd be shocked!:p

I disagree 100% with people who say they are glad out players don't get picked. The risk of injury or missing a game pales into insignificance the improvement that can happen in player once they've reached that level.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
We've raved on about all the other players & forgot to congratulate our own jason king,well done kingie.

No, there's another thread congratulating Kingy

I'm being selfish but I'm glad only King got picked. SOO isn't as exciting as it used to be and it's not because we lost the last 5 series.

I don't understand how anyone can bag St George players being selected for NSW as they have been the most consistent side for 2 and a half years now.

It is a shame Hornby and Cooper are unavailable as they would have helped Soward immensely.

I agree that Watmough and Lewis should be there, and I am at a loss how Dugan can be rated ahead of Hayne given his form for Canberra, and how well Hayne has done at Origin.

Qld will always be hard to beat but NSW continue to struggle with selections.

Congratulations to Jason King, he will lead from the front as long as he is passed fit.

I can live with Dugan. I think he's a great returner of the ball and Hayne doesn't play fullback like he's interested anymore, he only gets into a game when the Eels are 20m out and he can be a ball player.

On the Dragons players, at least they didn't pick Weyman. Both Merrin and Hunt are better than him and his performances for the Blues have been terrible. His energy levels are very poor and he didn't last 10 minutes in origin last year before needing a sub. I can live with Scott but Gallen is going to have to do all the work because niether Bird or Scott are tackling machines. They like to hit hard but so can Choc and his workrate leaves those two for dead.

Its the NSW Dragons.

Have the selectors realised that the dragons are chokers without Wayne Bennett?

QLD 2-1 -> 6 NIL

Remember in 08 and 07 barely any of our players got a run despite being clearly one of the best squads in the league. It played to our advantage at the end of the season, hopefully this will too.

I'll be surprised if we win a game. Then again, I was surprised that Ricky Stuart got the coaching gig after the disgraceful way he bowed out of the Australian position. I hate him that much that I'm hoping we get flogged so comprehensively that he never coaches again:)

Ricky Stuart did the impossible. He lost an origin series 3 - zip with one of the best sides going around. In one year he ruined everything gould had built.

Every team he has coached has gone backwards at an amazing speed. Horrible horrible coach and was a poor choice to try to get us back on track

Daniel said:
Remember in 08 and 07 barely any of our players got a run despite being clearly one of the best squads in the league. It played to our advantage at the end of the season, hopefully this will too.

Remember in 2008 when the sharks coached by the same mong beat us on the ladder after the regular season?

2007 sharks were as per usual,terrible

Ben Creagh is the biggest pussy to strap on a football boot. The QLDers must be laughing their heads off.

Maybe that's Ricky's ploy to pick a team where the QLDers will come into the game complacent.:s

• 👍
Reactions: Fro
The Eagle said:
Daniel said:

Remember in 2008 when the sharks coached by the same mong beat us on the ladder after the regular season?

2007 sharks were as per usual,terrible

No, I don't remember that actually. Maybe it's because we finished 2nd & they finished 3rd.

Saw the roosters sharks game yesterday, Pearce is third fiddle to carney and anasta! Now he's the Nsw no. 7. That game was there to win if somebody took control. The Nsw halfback sat back and watched.

Christ if i were a selector it would look like this:

01.Dugan
02.Morris
03.Gasnier
04.Jennings
05.Hayne
06.Soward
07.Mullen
08.Snowden
09.Ennis
10.Douglas
11.Bird
12.Creagh
13.Gallen

14.Lewis
15.M. Minichello
16.King
17.Idris

That is a solid team, how pearce got in i have absolutely no idea, how Hayne did not get chosen even on the wing is unbelievable, he is that type of player who can start something out of nothing, and the bench has hard running back rowers who can fill in as props. Why cant they see this !!! there absolute nimb nuts !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6