The NSW team for Origin I.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
1. Josh Dugan
2. Brett Morris
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Michael Jennings
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jamie Soward
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jason King
9. Michael Ennis
10. Kade Snowden
11. Beau Scott
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen ©

14. Ben Creagh
15. Trent Merrin
16. Tim Mannah
17. Dean Young

NSW are gunna get smashed. 3-0 QLD.

How the hell does Trent Merrin get a crack over people like Tolman and Galloway? And how does Jennings get in? Has he even scored a try yet this year?

How did stewart get overlooked. Dugan was horrible the other day.

Still no Hayne is a plus

I thought Lars was one of our best & I remember Idris being the only one to give the Qld defence any problems in one of the games last year. I would have preferred them in the side.

north coast eagle said:
I thought Lars was one of our best & I remember Idris being the only one to give the Qld defence any problems in one of the games last year. I would have preferred them in the side.

TLL has afractured eye socket that's why he didn't get picked

I find it strange they have left Lewis out, can only assume that he hasn't had enough football over the last 2 months. I also find it strange that Idris makes the Aussie side, but can't crack a NSW side that has lost 5 straight.

Anyway it doesn't look like a side that is going to trouble QLD.

Im happy for king but im not sure how he gets a place ahead of some props. tbh i don't think ANY team they named would make everyone happy as the QLD side is just so strong. I think more Dragons players needed to be picked, as much as i hate them they have an excellent defensive attitude.

My thoughts that count for nothing :)

Firstly - Soward will get smashed - will be out within 15 mins of game 1.

Mitchel Pearce is struggling steering the 14th place roosters around the park - surely this can't be our best option.

No Hayne - that's a joke. Dugan is a good young player but not origin class as yet.

Bird & Manor - r u serious.

Trent & dean who?

We're gonna struggle.

2 Word joke... Ben Creagh!
Hasnt this bloke failed time and time again at origin level? Seriously if Glenn Stewart isnt better in every way than this bloke im blind.

If Mick Ennis is the best you've got you are in trouble. He is a journeyman toiler, why do they pick him?

The halves are the big question mark. If you don't have that right don't turn up.

Stuart has named the players he coached at the sharks, then picked half the St George side (must be good if they are in Bennet's team).

Good onya Jason for getting picked but I think players like Douglas, Tilse and Galloway imo are ahead of him.

Stuart has NFI.

stewart and lewis are the only constructive forwards in the hunt and niether get a shot.how does young get the nod over lewis as a utility ffs.ennis could play eighty and lewis can cover everywhere and is the most complete all round forward going around.gallen is a freak and will need to carry this lot.

but what do i care.go the maroons!

A lot of people saying soward shouldn't be there, but for me, he has earned his crack the hard way, deserves it and good luck to him. I don't think he will disgrace himself at all

Kiwi Eagle said:
A lot of people saying soward shouldn't be there, but for me, he has earned his crack the hard way, deserves it and good luck to him. I don't think he will disgrace himself at all

He's a good player but he couldn't finish the city v country game - wait till he get's a petro sandwich. 15 mins at most.

Jerry1 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

He's a good player but he couldn't finish the city v country game - wait till he get's a petro sandwich. 15 mins at most.

Yeah i have a feeling he will be very sore or very broken lol. He is our best option at 6 though.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
If Mick Ennis is the best you've got you are in trouble. He is a journeyman toiler, why do they pick him?

The halves are the big question mark. If you don't have that right don't turn up.

Because Farah's ****ing hopeless

Jerry1 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

What does a groin complaint have to do with him lasting an Origin game ?

If we didn't pick players who had been injured during a match, there wouldn't be many left.

What do you make of Menzies not being able to finish the 1996 grand Final ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7