The new Tony Iro.........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
...........Tony Williams

The little bit I've seen of this guy reminds me of Iro, big unit with plenty of potential but essentially lazy and only prone to flashes of brilliance. He needs to up the intensity and commitment next year for mine. I hope I'm wrong, but he could turn out as frustrating as Mr Iro.

Couldn't agree more ! I watched the Parra vs NZ game and was very disappointed with what I saw from Tony Williams. The 2nd try from Vatuvei was scored with little or no effort from Williams in defence. He made a couple of good runs in attack but for the size of the bloke , one would come to expect that.

I'm sure Des and Manly's training staff will bring the best out of Tony Williams. Yes we have only seen patches of what he can do but I'm sure he will turn out to be a top signing for us. Gee he hasn't even put a maroon and white jersey on yet.

eagle_predator link said:
I'm sure Des and Manly's training staff will bring the best out of Tony Williams. Yes we have only seen patches of what he can do but I'm sure he will turn out to be a top signing for us. Gee he hasn't even put a maroon and white jersey on yet.

Exactly CW
Manly have made stars out of a lot of players such as Mark carroll (good at Souths great at Manly), Perry, Glen Hall is starting to come good just to name a few.

I guess you get the odd one that dosn't play better with Manly but they wouldn't at any club IMO.

All the Parra players are lazy.  Led by Hayne who is fast developing into the NRL's biggest sook.  all you have to do is give him a little roughing up in the first five minutes and he drops his bottom lip and spends the rest of the game tripping over it. 

I thought Williams was a lazy big dope last night.  But then I thought that the reason we bought him was to put him in the forwards.  He was asleep out there on the wing.  Put him in with the big boys and he'll have to get his act together.  Playing in your last game with the Slime, who were crap last night, wouldn't really bring out the best in one's game as well.  I thought the same negative thoughts abour Josh Perry when we bought him from Newcastle.  I was wrong. 

I doubt that either of our existing two wingers would have stopped the beast last night for any of his tries. 

Williams can't wait to get out of Parramatta and we will see the best of him in the second half of next year. 

As long as it is like Tony, not Kevin Iro as he was useless

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8