1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new Godfather

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by double hoops, Jun 2, 2016.

1. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,622 / 113
    Hearing what Toov's had to say in support of this team tonight. What a Leader.

He may not have the Coaching job. He may have been old school, He may not have been the world best coach. But tonight more then ever, to me at least, it still feels like that tough as nails little bloke, he is now this clubs true spiritual leader.

He even threw in that Toovey wit..... Something along the lines of, "Nah I never got the impression any player wasn't putting in, sure we didn't play that great that day, but parramatta sure didn't play much better. So if they want to investigate someone for not having a go perhaps they should go investigate them..."

Arko Once owned that mantle, Godfather, But as we know Eras end.

I think its time we appointed Toov's with that title. No longer coach, yet he just can't be killed off. He Dosent want to coach against his Manly side, and still after so many chances, never a bad word about this club, has ever left his breath.

I'm going to announce it, Toov's is the new God Father of The Sea Eagles. Geoff Toovey He is the spiritual leader of our club. The Penns could not find him a job, so it's our job to give him one.

What makes it even better, is I reckon Toov's having such public recognition, such a Perception, such a following, would really piss that Zorba off!!!!!!

Toov's support for his players even now should be seen as a sign of how Manly unite. The Manly way, we are at our best, when its backs against the wall.

Tomorrow night is massive game in our season, an enemy who we simply must defeat. But we all know Trent and the team will be up against so much more then just the raiders in this game in Canberra, it is as simple as that.

Summons all your Maroon and White garb, Summons up other Manly supporters who have enough courage to fight for the cause.

Further infantry is needed Feathered Friends.

Trent whilst we support you, you need to know, where this support comes from which has your back.

"Toovs is the new Godfather"

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  2. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +947 / 80
    Seing tooves run around in that 1993 fox game against Canberra tonight giving it all makes my heart bleed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,632 / 74
    He may he back one day as an official to put the club back on track. Like Turvey at the dogs in their time of need.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,402 / 257
    I thought this was going to be about how Zorba is beginning to look like old and fat Vito Corleone...

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Terry Zarsoff

Terry Zarsoff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,553 / 68
    ...it's a business and itsa time youse suppordahs realised yousa irrelevant...

• Funny Funny x 5
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  6. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Really hope one Tooves is welcomed back with open arms - not sure in what capacity but the closer he is to the club the better

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    Poor Tooves , just never given a chance to succeed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,713 / 257
    He'll be back BUT only when Fluffy & ZtH are gone, until then banished to the Wilderness.

9. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    On radio again this morning defending the club

• Like Like x 2
  10. ricardo

ricardo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 68
  11. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    image.jpeg Scott Penn is busy defending the club also. Keep up the good work Scott.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. midsteyne

midsteyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +574 / 12
    TOOVEY= the ultimate warrior

• Like Like x 1