The Nest, Supporters Group

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Royal Soup

First Grader
Here's a thought

Being a Seattle Seahawks fan in the NFL

They have a supporters area called the Hawks nest

Now in the NRL we have the likes of The Burrow, The Kennel etc

Should the owners/club and supporters look at setting up something similar and call it The Nest or the Eagles Nest?

Or is it not worth while?

Just a marketing thought I had

They tried it but it failed, I think mainly because the name was absolutely atrocious. They ended up roping off a bit of the hill for a while for it I believe.

From memory it was something like "The screaming eagles" which is fine if it also wasn't slang for a sexual position.

They really should just approach me to buy the Silvertails and all the goes with it and use that. Why not build off what we know

They tried it but it failed, I think mainly because the name was absolutely atrocious. They ended up roping off a bit of the hill for a while for it I believe.

From memory it was something like "The screaming eagles" which is fine if it also wasn't slang for a sexual position.

They really should just approach me to buy the Silvertails and all the goes with it and use that. Why not build off what we know
Ah right I see I see

Yeah I remember that, it indeed was a horrible horrible name lol

What was worse was that the name was voted on :)

Which really made me scratch my head and also made me realise that marketing is not something that should be controlled by the fans

Here's a thought

Should the owners/club and supporters look at setting up something similar and call it The Nest or the Eagles Nest?

Would only work if the new stadium is built. A but hard on the hill.

I do not recall any area of the hill being roped off for that

if it was then they roped off the corner (so as to not reward loyal fans which is the manly way)

Ahh.. you learn something new everyday:eek:.
I grew up in the mighty west of Sydney, and after finding the meaning , realised I knew the position,it's just the girls out that way had another name for it...."standard".@:eek:>:)

Aerie.

LOL at the screaming eagles. I do remember that lame attempt.

Technically an eagles nest is called an eyrie, so my vote is for that.
Very catchy. Cough.

Here's a thought

For mine: manly fans are a little bit smarter, more sophisticated. We are not "joiners", we want to go to the game and be in our own space. With mates, but not knocking around with meathead strangers. We are not "chook pen" dimwits.

I am a massive fan of the nest. I'm on the nest as often as possible. I always have to be asked three times in regards to the nest....once to hop on and twice to hop off.

The nest is a good thing.

Lol at these supporters of other teams that feel the need to differentiate themselves from other supporters of the same team. It comes across as "I'm a better supporter than you because I sit with the (insert lame name here)". At Brookie, I find an extremely inclusive environment, regardless of where I perch myself. That's the beauty of the place. Regardless of where you are, we are one.

Ironically, despite claiming 'The Battlers' tag. These other teams have created a class system within their own supporter base IMO.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4