The myth of Arthur

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nearly choked on my vita-brits when I saw Geoff Gerard in yesterday's Tele call BA the 'best coach in the comp' (GG spent the article talking about how NOW, as a Board member, he was going to right the club. Not sure what as a Board member he thought his responsibility was in the past, but that's a story for another day).
Anyway, BA's claim to fame, ie his BEST achievement as an NRL coach is...6 wins from 9 rounds. That's it. 6 wins. From 9 rounds.
Let's have a look at some of our other current and non-current coaches who have achieved more in the game (NRL only):
1. Wayne Bennett - premiership
2. Paul Green - premiership
3. Des Hasler - premiership
4. Trent Robinson - premiership
5. Michael Maguire - premiership
6. Anthony Griffin - finals
7. Paul McGregor - finals
8. Shane Flanagan - finals
9. Neil Henry - finals
10. Ricky Stuart - premiership
11. Craig Bellamy - premiership
Others:
1. Geoff Toovey - grand final
2. Ivan Cleary - grand final
3. John Cartwright - finals
4. Tim Sheens - premiership
That's 15 coaches right there who can claim they are a more successful coach than BA.
I really don't see what he's done to cause all this fuss.

Last edited:
Nearly choked on my vita-brits when I saw Geoff Gerard in yesterday's Tele call BA the 'best coach in the comp' (GG spent the article talking about how NOW, as a Board member, he was going to right the club. Not sure what as a Board member he thought his responsibility was in the past, but that's a story for another day).
Anyway, BA's claim to fame, ie his BEST achievement as an NRL coach is...6 wins from 9 rounds. That's it. 6 wins. From 9 rounds.
Let's have a look at some of our other current and non-current coaches who have achieved more in the game (NRL only):
1. Wayne Bennett - premiership
2. Paul Green - premiership
3. Des Hasler - premiership
4. Trent Robinson - premiership
5. Michael Maguire - premiership
6. Anthony Griffin - finals
7. Paul McGregor - finals
8. Shane Flanagan - finals
9. Neil Henry - finals
10. Ricky Stuart - premiership
11. Craig Bellamy - premiership
Others:
1. Geoff Toovey - grand final
2. Ivan Cleary - finals
3. John Cartwright - finals
4. Tim Sheens - premiership
That's 15 coaches right there who can claim they are a more successful coach than BA.
I really don't see what he's done to cause all this fuss.

Cleary had a Grand Final didn't he, 2011?

Had things been different he could have been holding the reins here instead of Barrett had he taken the Penn's offer up last year. I think we dodged a bullet there TBH.

Foran & Watmough seem to think that the sun shines out of his rusty bullet hole! Can't see what he's achieved since he left Manly & why all the accolades. In hindsight they are coming from Eels players & supporters only so makes sense.............

I've just written a book...
028580.jpg

.....****, now I've revealed my real name.................and the fact I've got a mate called Aubrey......

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6