THE MOLE’S 2015 PREDICTIONS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
THE MOLE’S 2015 PREDICTIONS
The Mole
January 12, 2015

THE Mole takes a look into the crystal ball to bring us his top predictions for the upcoming season.

PREMIERS
Bulldogs. After coming second in 2014, Des Hasler has recruited a couple of strike players in hooker Michael Lichaa and winger/fullback Brett Morris. With the largest pack in the comp, they will win the big games.

BIG IMPROVERS
Knights. Have a developing squad and will be boosted by the dynamic Tariq Sims from theCowboys. Given a fair run with injury they should return to the top eight.

BIG SLIDERS
The Sea Eagles have had a troubled end to 2014 and I’m not overly impressed with their recruitment. An ageing roster doesn’t help matters.

WORST BUY
Darius Boyd struggled with the Knights last season and it is be hard to see him winning many friends at the Broncos after being brought in by his mentor Wayne Bennett. A preseason achilles injury has sidelined Boyd for the majority of the season and while he will return in the back half of the year it is hard to see him hitting any great heights in 2015.

BEST BUY
Also a Bronco . . . Anthony Milford cost Brisbane plenty but he is worth every cent. The kid is a dead-set superstar — the fastest man in the game over the first 10 metres and he will set theBroncos’ attack alight. Money well spent.

ARCHER’S ANGST
The referees were a mess in 2014, the video refs even worse. The NRL has called in former Aussie cricket coach John Buchanan to get it right. Tony Archer has survived — but will want a better strike-rate in 2015 to be safe in his position. But, as you read on Page 6, Archer is certainly not afraid to try revolutionary methods in a bid to get the best out of his men next season.

STORM WARNING
The Storm have lost Ryan Hoffman, Junior Moors, Bryan Norrie, Ben Roberts, George Rose and Sisa Waqa and have barely added to their ranks. If injuries hit, they could struggle.

UNHAPPY DAYS
The spin doctors will have you believe all of Manly’s troubles are over after the boardroom coup at Brookie over the summer. However, I hear there will be more rumblings within the camp in 2015.

ONE TO WATCH
Jack Bird flew away from the Dragons before he played a top-grade game
. . . and the Sharks have landed a future star. The 19-year-old back-rower is a NSW and Australian junior rep and will press for a spot in the strong Sharks pack.

BLOOD FROM A STONE
The International Rugby League Federation has asked too much of players. Some of our elite were playing last February in the Nines . . . and still going in November in the Four Nations. That’s too much footy, given the intensity of our great game. Mercifully, Australia has a break from Test football at the end of the 2015 season.

ASKING FOR TROUBLE
Ben Barba needs to kick-start his career again and, on the face of it, Cronulla isn’t the place to do it. Barba will be a little too close to his old mates from the Epic Bender Crew, who led him astray in the past. I would also have liked to see him in a stronger backline, where he could show all his dazzling skills.

NOT AGAIN!
Sadly, friends, the ASADA saga ain’t quite over. There is more of this drama still to unfold in 2015. And a new scandal that has hit the NFL — the widespread use of painkillers by clubs desperate to get star players back on the field — may also have ramifications in the NRL. Watch this space.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/moles-2015-predictions/

1st this ageing roster talk has been happening for years, we love being written of.. We thrive on it!
2nd what is this talk about more rumblings in 2015? Can anyone provide any insight??

1st this ageing roster talk has been happening for years, we love being written of.. We thrive on it!
2nd what is this talk about more rumblings in 2015? Can anyone provide any insight??
Guessing he is on about Matai DCE and Foran possibly leaving

BIG SLIDERS
"The Sea Eagles have had a troubled end to 2014 and I’m not overly impressed with their recruitment. An ageing roster doesn’t help matters."
Hahaha. These pricks write us off every year and every year we rub their noses in it. This year will be no different.

We really do have an aging roster, players like Hiku, Blair, Gutherson, Foran, DCE, Starling, Andrews, Buhrer, Hodges, Lui, JSL, Symonds and Tafua will all be a year older next year. Some will even be 25 in 2015

25 must be the new 34 lol

Last edited:
We need to see some progression of our young forwards this year. One or two of them need breakout years.

They always write us off, and we always succeed BUT, he is right in that some of our key people , Killer, Ballin, Skivvy and Snake are a year older, and whilst I think Willie will go well he is 35.

I agree with Commander, we need to see a few of the younger forwards step up this year, if they do, we will be right on the money again!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6