1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The media are really talking up the Dogs

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by bazeagle, Aug 18, 2011.

1. bazeagle

bazeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 38
    Good old Tele. Cranking up their backing of the Dogs on Sunday. I hope this motivates our boys to come out hard and put them away by half time.
    Then score first in the second half and go on to a solid win. Matai can deal with Pritchard as well.

2. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,358 / 111
    Id like to see TREX deal with Frankee Pritchard. but yer they are really talking up the dogs, better then talking up souffs though.

3. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,554 / 32
    Good. Under the radar!

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    If Pritchards name had been Matai, he would have been out for the season.

5. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,407 / 130
    The dogs are talking.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    On paper it is a reasonable side with a few guys to be very wary of, whether they turn up that way is a different story

7. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,770 / 258
    And therin lies the problem with the Dogs....and Pritchard is no different, plays about 1 in 4 games well and hides for the others

8. bazeagle

bazeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 38
    True Mark. But the old cliche remains. If we don't turn up wanting to play hard and intense footy we could find ourselves in trouble. ie if we played like we did in the first half against the eels we will lose.

9. brookiegreg

brookiegreg Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Yep we need a good hard competitive game to hone Manly's game for the step up against Melb Bris and finals comp.

A lay down disorganised opponent that leaks 40 pts won't help us one bit.

10. Evo

Evo Capt Goodvibe

Ratings:
    +46 / 16
    Danger Game. They got us at the same time last year at Brookie.

We left our game plan BADLY first half last week. Rodney worried me in the early intensity. If we do that again we are in trouble. The Bulldogs have been playing tougher, smarter & for 80mins.

11. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,468 / 74
    Bulldog Ritchie was talking up that the game had gone soft and what a great thing it was for the game he "got off"

Hadley just laid into him on the radio

12. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Dean Ritchie must be thick. No-one is saying they want the big hits gone. They just can't connect with the head. Its simple really. Why, just because they say it was accidental, should he get off? Players who make a head high tackles accidentally don't get off, So why should a player who makes a head high shoulder charge? If that hit had of connected in the chest or shoulder area it would still have been a massive hit. It hit him in the head and is illegal. I wish someone would shoulder charge Dean Ritchie in the head although judging by his comments , maybe someone already has.

13. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    I like the way you think Bones. You and me would get on well.

14. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,468 / 74
    get a room you two bahahahaha

15. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Well i'm coming down to the Melbourne game with Spuds Bodyguard so maybe we could all hook up? ;-*

16. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    You might have to buy me a few drinks first.

17. Normie

Normie Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +327 / 4
    Probably too many schooners up at Forestville RSL as well as going to Killarney High!

18. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    It's a date!

19. Rodo

Rodo Goldmember 2016 Tipping Competitor

Southern Sydney
    Ratings:
    +484 / 14
    Hits deliberate or not to the head need to be stamped out of the game. They've got it right in AFL by penalising players who even unintentionally bump or hit someone in the head.

Studies in the US of players from American football are indicating that repeated concussions and head knocks lead to long term brain issues such as dementia. There's a very interesting article I read about this in the SMH - http://www.smh.com.au/sport/the-bra...oyed-a-football-superstar-20110720-1ho7x.html where they've set up a "brain bank" housing the brains of American football and ice hockey players to examine the long-term effects of concussions on sportsmen and women, soldiers and other people subjected to brain injuries.

20. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    I think so Bones. Bulldog Dean apparently ran out in front of a Forest Coach Lines bus at Jamieson Square (in Forestville) as a kid, and sadly had his face squashed flat. Hence the nickname. A similar thing happened to former State Liberal leader Kerry Chikarovski.

• Like Like x 1