The media are really talking up the Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
Good old Tele. Cranking up their backing of the Dogs on Sunday. I hope this motivates our boys to come out hard and put them away by half time.
Then score first in the second half and go on to a solid win. Matai can deal with Pritchard as well.

Id like to see TREX deal with Frankee Pritchard. but yer they are really talking up the dogs, better then talking up souffs though.

On paper it is a reasonable side with a few guys to be very wary of, whether they turn up that way is a different story

And therin lies the problem with the Dogs....and Pritchard is no different, plays about 1 in 4 games well and hides for the others

True Mark. But the old cliche remains. If we don't turn up wanting to play hard and intense footy we could find ourselves in trouble. ie if we played like we did in the first half against the eels we will lose.

bazeagle said:
True Mark. But the old cliche remains. If we don't turn up wanting to play hard and intense footy we could find ourselves in trouble. ie if we played like we did in the first half against the eels we will lose.

Yep we need a good hard competitive game to hone Manly's game for the step up against Melb Bris and finals comp.

A lay down disorganised opponent that leaks 40 pts won't help us one bit.

Danger Game. They got us at the same time last year at Brookie.

We left our game plan BADLY first half last week. Rodney worried me in the early intensity. If we do that again we are in trouble. The Bulldogs have been playing tougher, smarter & for 80mins.

Bulldog Ritchie was talking up that the game had gone soft and what a great thing it was for the game he "got off"

Hadley just laid into him on the radio

Dean Ritchie must be thick. No-one is saying they want the big hits gone. They just can't connect with the head. Its simple really. Why, just because they say it was accidental, should he get off? Players who make a head high tackles accidentally don't get off, So why should a player who makes a head high shoulder charge? If that hit had of connected in the chest or shoulder area it would still have been a massive hit. It hit him in the head and is illegal. I wish someone would shoulder charge Dean Ritchie in the head although judging by his comments , maybe someone already has.

Well i'm coming down to the Melbourne game with Spuds Bodyguard so maybe we could all hook up? ;-*

bones said:
I wish someone would shoulder charge Dean Ritchie in the head although judging by his comments , maybe someone already has.

Probably too many schooners up at Forestville RSL as well as going to Killarney High!

Hits deliberate or not to the head need to be stamped out of the game. They've got it right in AFL by penalising players who even unintentionally bump or hit someone in the head.

Studies in the US of players from American football are indicating that repeated concussions and head knocks lead to long term brain issues such as dementia. There's a very interesting article I read about this in the SMH - http://www.smh.com.au/sport/the-bra...oyed-a-football-superstar-20110720-1ho7x.html where they've set up a "brain bank" housing the brains of American football and ice hockey players to examine the long-term effects of concussions on sportsmen and women, soldiers and other people subjected to brain injuries.

bones said:
Dean Ritchie must be thick. No-one is saying they want the big hits gone. They just can't connect with the head. Its simple really. Why, just because they say it was accidental, should he get off? Players who make a head high tackles accidentally don't get off, So why should a player who makes a head high shoulder charge? If that hit had of connected in the chest or shoulder area it would still have been a massive hit. It hit him in the head and is illegal. I wish someone would shoulder charge Dean Ritchie in the head although judging by his comments , maybe someone already has.
I think so Bones. Bulldog Dean apparently ran out in front of a Forest Coach Lines bus at Jamieson Square (in Forestville) as a kid, and sadly had his face squashed flat. Hence the nickname. A similar thing happened to former State Liberal leader Kerry Chikarovski.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6