The Mass Debate about our no.6

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
wtf ? Are we dragging Parra form into this now are we ? Why not bring in his St Helens form too then

I thought we were talking about the current Manly side and what he has put on the park this season ? That is what i am talking about anyway, and he hasnt done much for us this season at centre, and has looked a bit more threatening at 5/8

If you want to use the Parramatta form as your guide to where he should be now, then Bell gets moved from right centre and Lyon slots in there

You can't just answer these questions and come out with the 'solution'. You have take into account other considerations too, like does Lyon play better at 5/8 or Center, do we want Matai in the team if Lyon is 5/8, does Burns have an adequate kicking game, etc, etc. Your two questions are far too simplistic.

Riddle me this comrades; In 2006 when have we lost on the park, and just who was missing? There's your answer

I think you mean 2007 DSM5.

Defensively they are both solid, but I'd hazard that Lyon's extra pace is as good an asset from a defensive point of view as it is in attack. He can confidently let players get slightly outside him and still cover them for speed, something Burns can't do.

Attacking wise Lyon smokes Burns, potentially anyway. I just don't think he has realised that potential yet this year. This can be as much to do with his form as it is with our disjointed attack and Orford's reluctance to drive the team around the park. For some reason we perform better with Burns on the field because in a perverse way it simplifies the attack. I doubt anyone here really expects Burns to be a Marshall, Inglis or Lockyer, because he isn't. He doesn't cop any criticism for his lack of ball playing, or his inability to blow a game wide open with brilliance, because no one expects any more than a solid defensive performance from him

The way I look at it is Lyon is as good a defender as Burns if not better.. He is a better ball runner than Burns and although we haven't seen too much.. i've seen enough to suggest that Lyon is better with ball in hand too.

We have 2 ready made centres in Matai and Bell.

You say "Why take a player out of his best position?"

Well, I say.. we have 2 centres and we have a player who can move from the centres to 6 and a) defend as good if not better than our current 6.. b) run the ball better than our current 6 and i'm sure c) is a better ball player than our current 6.

Add to that he can kick and pass both ways.. I think Lyon will prove sooner rather than later he is a better 6 than Burns.

The way I look at it is Lyon is as good a defender as Burns if not better.. He is a better ball runner than Burns and although we haven't seen too much.. i've seen enough to suggest that Lyon is better with ball in hand too.

We have 2 ready made centres in Matai and Bell.

You say \"Why take a player out of his best position?\"

Well, I say.. we have 2 centres and we have a player who can move from the centres to 6 and a) defend as good if not better than our current 6.. b) run the ball better than our current 6 and i'm sure c) is a better ball player than our current 6.

Add to that he can kick and pass both ways.. I think Lyon will prove sooner rather than later he is a better 6 than Burns.

My gut feel is the same Nutz. We have a similiar read on it.

The only thing TB has in my opinionated favour is the ruck defence he instills. Thats the sole factor that causes me "heartBurn". Otherwise Lyon has the advantage with his attack/organisational skills.

But you have to admit ole Nutz..........this isnt cut and dried.

Oh, of course is isn't cut and dry.

I believe we need to bolster our attack.. our defence is fine.. but we lack in attack i reckon.

I think we lose nothing defensively with Lyon at 6 and we gain better attack with Lyon at 6 that's all.

I'm a huge Travis Burns fan.. I love the way he plays.. good tough little bugger.. I just think what Des is doing with Lyon will be the right decision in order to bring the silverware back to the northern beaches.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4