1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Manly Swagger

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    How good is it to be back in our rightful place on the competition table? How good is it to adopt the old swagger and posture of extreme arrogance and have people hate us again?

7 long years have passed and I've stored up every insult that has come my way over that time. A melancholy never forgets.

Let us share with each other how we have made the most of pay back................

1. E-mailing the table with Manly highlighted along with the position of eels/dragons/panthers to those who have ribbed me.

2. An April Fool's joke of e-mailing St George supporters and saying I'd received an inside tip that the sacking of Nathan Brown would be announced this morning and having them believe me.

3. Getting my boys to run down the road with their Manly flags and shouting to the neighbours that "we're back".

4. Flying the flag from the flagpole of the local school.

!drunk:

2. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    excellent work

I came into work on Monday and printed the ladder off and stuck it on my bosses computer screen for Tuesday morning. I highlighted both our teams, he supports the Dragons. lol

3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    trying for a demotion garts??

LOL.

Ive been walking around at work bringing up footy at every opportunity

4. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I have four mates at work who are constantly talking about Manly being back and how good it is for the game!!!!

5. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,468 / 74
    'tis no devation from my usual crap i talk at work. problem is no one else in the office gives a **** about footy

6. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    That's the problems with techos - no macho aussie blokes. Nerds talk about gigabytes, floppy disks and hard drives! Metros too!

7. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    It's great putting crap on Bulldog supporters.......hehehehehe

8. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    boss is cool with it. He is just glad another guy follows the league, mainly union private school boys in the office.

I told him he has not known me when they have been good, I said you will want to belt me if they keep it up!!! lol

9. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I was in a meeting with colleagues today and they all agreed it was going to be a VERY long year for them if Manly keep winning.

10. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,468 / 74

yeah but 4 techies out of 30 does not an IT company make.... the problem is UK sales guys and a US company

11. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
  12. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Get on holidays and enjoy wearing your Manly jersey for all and sundry to spit at you!!!!