1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the manly love fest

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by SeaEagle007, Aug 11, 2012.

1. SeaEagle007

SeaEagle007 Well-Known Member

Eagle Vale, Campbelltown
    Ratings:
    +247 / 14
    After the way we played last night, I can understand the manly love fest feeling in here , its amazing the feeling we get when our team plays like world beaters. I love my team as much as all of you. I do however belive we shouldn't get carried away after that win. We won and won well, don't get me wrong but we still have a long way to go. Souths were a lil under par, I think because they started believing their own hype, however I think their coach will bring them back down to earth and they will be back.
    As Manly fans we need to take it one game at a time, however last night showed the NRL world that we are the team to beat. Austral Bricks share prices must of hit record highs because everyone is $hting them out.

I'm manly till I die, let's enjoy the ride, however I believe we still have a bit of work to do. We are nearly at the level of last year, but we will still need to be better than last to go back to back.. if toovey manages to do this he will be a genius. Let's see how we go. But I have a feeling we will be playing the dogs or sharkies in the GF, and it will be one of the all time great GF. We still need to improve to win.

Let's go 2V , let's go Manly.. Back 2 Back I BELIEVE....

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    souffs were as good as we let them. I said to my wife at half time that souffs had played as well as they were going to and the signs were good for our boys.

We won't lose another match this season.

3. Ian Martin tragic

Ian Martin tragic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    Souffs didn't have GI, their best attacking player, and a very experienced one too. Haven't seen the game or last week's, am loving the good vibe and the victory but yes we have a way to go to stay in the top 4 for the finals.

Seems to me that the exit of lussick and reentry of mauro on the bench has coincided with the beefed up defense and might be a better balanced 17. Mauro has been there done that too.

bring back kingy and shoulders and lets get some of our own back v the knights (after they have a win this weekend ;-)

4. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 57
    I agree we aren't there yet but at least we look like we are coming good at the right time of the year. Just on Souffs have a good look at their draw. Since rd 10 they have only played 3 decent teams and lost to all 3 of them. They have had an armchair ride with their draw and I think like Cronulla have over achieved. Storm and Dogs are our only rivals for this title and I know we can take both down when it matters it's just a question of fitness and injuries for our squad. At full strength in the finals only the clowns with whistles will be our biggest problem.

5. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Had we controlled our errors that would have been a flogging. We always looked like we were in control we just kept pushing our luck

6. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    True. I thought the gale force winds would make it a tighter contest but Manly looked like they were in complete defensive control of the Rabbits.

7. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    For sure I thought we were good in the 1st half but the errors let us down. I think our attack whilst a bit sideways at times was as good as its been all year. We consistently made 60 metres per set of six. But defensively by far the best we have been we pushed them back constantly and it frustrated them no end. Has to put a massive dent in their confidence

8. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    We have hitched our wagons to a Star - A true Champion Team :heart:

Love their unity and awareness of each other's feelings.

Did anyone else notice Taufua break into tears at the end?
    Kitey went over and consoled him like a big brother.
    As did Matty with Wolfman in the sheds with an encouraging pat. :angel:

We still have 8 Players from that platform building 2008 GF, stearing a (somewhat choppy :D) course to B2B.

The errors are all managed and Manly unite as the Premiership Force :heart:

9. G-land Express

G-land Express Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Yeah good call on Mauro. He's played well last few games, no-nonsense with some dominant tackles that stopped souths momentum dead.

10. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Hows this post from a Dragons fan on LU

And that my fellow forum dwellers, is whats known in colloquial terms, as a footballing lesson.

Souths are talented, but they are still teenagers in terms of their development. They were playing against the best men in the business tonight.

Said it last week, Manly will win the comp.

How does this team keep flying under the radar? They know their ****, dont panic when they lose and have a healthy serving of champions. Not just good players - champion players. THey have two of the last 5 comps, that should have been three and I'm happy to lay my hard earned on them making it back to back this year.

As a Saints fan, I believe we were a more dominant team at our best from 2009-to mid 2011, but Manly, respect, they are the best finals team I've seen and know how to get it done. They never seem to be out of form.

Well played Eagles. Souths can take a look at that tonight and see exactly where they are at in terms of even thinking about winning a cop just yet. A rookie half and a dud 6 aren't going to get it done.

How farking good is Killer? He's the best centre I;ve seen play the game. Better than Meninga, Renouf, Gasnier - you name em, Jamie Lyon is a better footballer than all of em.

11. Daddycool

Daddycool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 2
    Does anyone know what happened to Jorge at the end of the game?

12. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    I like this guy.

13. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Yep, lets not all jump into a warm shower together just yet.

14. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    Haven't been able to watch a second of the game yet due to living in Australia's border country, Queensland, so of course no idea what was going on with young Jorgie.
    It's awesome to hear Happily Manly's comments about the senior players taking him under their wings and looking after the kid. Great comradeship in this team.

15. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    You mean lets just keep the Astroglide on ice for now.

16. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,801 / 122
    Yeah. A lot of rival fans have similar feelings about our club but it is very unusual for them to express it publicly.

17. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Bath perhaps LOL

18. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,801 / 122
    Face it, everyone secretly loves Manly but many don't dare admit it. Let's out them!

• Like Like x 1
  19. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Mate you have a fantastic memory.

I love the smell of Astroglide in the morning.

20. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Jorge seemed to gesture towards the eastern side where he did his sidestep and possibly blew a try.