The man to change things

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Darren said:
This is the guy who has had multiple clubs and we picked him up. His last suspension showed why he has had multiple clubs. KE, if we are relying on him instead of our big buck "stars" we are in big trouble. Time for Jamie, Brett the Northside's most expensive BBQ'er and Glenn to stand up and lead us to a win.

Snake, Killer and the backs cant do their stuff without decent go forward ;) Your comments show your lack of knowledge of the game.

BOZO said:
mickqld said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
BOZO said:
The man to change things is our great coach 2V . We had 4 prominent players missing last night and two will be back . We will bounce back
WE ARE THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES !!!

Agreed, the man in the hot seat is Toovey. Regardless of roster availability, the buck stops with him.

At the moment, the coaching lacks imagination and focus.

Discipline, creativity, defence are all suffering. The next 10 rounds will MAKE OR BREAK Toovey's career, and rightly so.

When Is Bennett contract up at the knights? He would be great to mould a new team. We are a club that should always have one of the best coaches in the game in charge. We had 1 and blew it big time.
What the f**k has Benny done with the Knights , f**k all . LOL

Haslers Hyenas are struggling as well !!!

The Salary cap has really hurt Wayne. The Gasnier debacle and the Bronco's Stallions or what ever they are called helped make Benny Great instead of good-very good.

Decent 'go forward' is an enthusiasm issue as well as a size issue.

Reading thru the posts on all of the threads, there is still a sizeable element of posters who still are looking through maroon coloured glasses. They bury their heads in the sand. "Keep the faith" i read !
F**ing delusional.

Until there is evidence of an "attacking plan", discipline in defence, discipline with the ball, tackling that does not get opponents in "dangerous positions", you cant expect a top 8 finish, let alone top 4.

How many more weeks of this same old rubbish before the majority of you start baying for reforms, if not blood ?

The reforms must begin now. The re-building must begin now.

Toovey has had ample opportunity to study when and why the wheels fell off, and it doesn't take a genius to figure it out.
It may take a bit of courage to embrace it. Time is running out.

mickqld said:
Fa'aoso isn't going to be the difference in pulling our attack up from 12th in the league. It comes from our plays & there is a total lack of any sort of attacking structure or plan.

He will certainly help in straightening the forward runs and bending the defensive line . This in turn will give our back line more time to get things moving with intent .

The loss of King , Joe & Richie is a big factor in our lack of attacking flair for sure . George showed last night what is needed .

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I agree with KE, but he's not the only one Joe G in another who did the hard yakka.

dceagle said:
mickqld said:
Fa'aoso isn't going to be the difference in pulling our attack up from 12th in the league. It comes from our plays & there is a total lack of any sort of attacking structure or plan.

He will certainly help in straightening the forward runs and bending the defensive line . This in turn will give our back line more time to get things moving with intent .

The loss of King , Joe & Richie is a big factor in our lack of attacking flair for sure . George showed last night what is needed .

This from the man who can change things:

Manly coach Geoff Toovey said his side needed to find whatever it was they were missing, he just isn't sure what that is.
"We've lost the last few games by a few points," Toovey said. "We just needed to find that little bit extra. We spoke about that. We need to find that in the next few weeks."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/roosters-yet-to-open-talks-with-sonny-bill-20130701-2p7rv.html#ixzz2XrQUXCTs

Its clear he doesn't have answers. We are in trouble.

Kiwi Eagle said:
I am certain after watching tonight, that the key to our season will be back in the next 2 weeks. Will probably get called crazy for this, but that man is Fa'aoso.

Why ? Well tonight, every single time Rose was on the field, our attack improved by plenty. The reason for that, he got the ball, he went straight, and he went hard. Off the back of that, we had more time and room and we could put something on. Hard and straight is all that Fa'aoso does and if we get he and Rose working in tandem creating a roll on we will look a far better side, I'm certain of that. Only trouble will be if a poor selection is made and Rose is dropped to bring Fa'aoso back in

That 1st try we scored tonight was another good example of what a simple hard run can do, Glenn set it up and told Lawrence to run 1 up the guts, he did his job, quick play the ball, and we have the room for a move to be executed.

The sad part of that play was though, that it was Glenn doing that, an Origin half, even though he is young, should be organising our forwards and getting them to their spots, he was lost tonight and it was left to a 2nd rower to be the main playmaker, extremely disappointed in DCEs efforts tonight

Next week, If it was me, Rose gets a starting spot and Lawrence to the bench. Rose will get us rolling early, and Lawrence is a touch off the boil at the moment, his 1st full season maybe taking a toll, and at the 20min mark I'd love to see what his speed and footwork could produce as an impact man. Give Sao his debut as well, let's see what he has got

Hasson definitely looks to have something about him, hope the injury isn't too bad

Totally agree. Without Nood and King we miss a bit of mongrel go forward and Fa'aoso provides that. He is fantastic for us in attack and defence. I for one have been counting the days of his return, we need him in the side.

I don't know if Fa'oso is the answer, but I do know that our season turned in round 7 when we lost to souffs and lost Fa'oso.

In the first six rounds we were 5:1 and flying high. Since the souffs game we are 2 wins, 1 draw & 5 losses. Is it coincidence, I don't know because it also coincides with Gifts return, but if Fa'oso returns and we start winning I'll be happy.

Ralphie said:
I don't know if Fa'oso is the answer, but I do know that our season turned in round 7 when we lost to souffs and lost Fa'oso.

In the first six rounds we were 5:1 and flying high. Since the souffs game we are 2 wins, 1 draw & 5 losses. Is it coincidence, I don't know because it also coincides with Gifts return, but if Fa'oso returns and we start winning I'll be happy.

Last week Snake was the saviour, this week Richie is the saviour.

The problems go deeper.

Its our whole approach to use of players, selection, use of the bench, attitudes to discipline. attacking patterns or lack of, poor tackling techniques leading to penalties. Lack of go forward, ball security. Our kicking game is patchy at best.

In summary, the Eagles are poorly coached.

Ralphie said:

Its a combination, of losing our forward stocks, having key attacking players out (first Snake then Foz) and Gift coming back too early. When those three things are rectified we will be better but i still think we need to freshen up our attack, its clear opposition sides have got us worked out and are defending us with ease which leads to us getting frustrated and giving away silly penalty's.

Toovey needs to think outside the box and get some creative attacking plays happening, we have the class of players to do it with DCE, Foz, Lyon, Gift and Matai all more then capable. Sadly some of the blame has to come down to Tooves, this is not an inexperienced team, we have a top 2 side and should be performing accordingly.

Tooves is to blame, his plan was to have season ending injuries to 2 props and then have his fullback spend 2 months injured. Obviously Stewart coming back really threw a spanner in the works so Tooves decided to have Foran get sick and not play at the last minute.

All he needs to do is un-injure King, Joe, Brett and re-injure Gift

Simple stuff in anyones book.

Number 1 thing that has to change is our go-forward. If we are able to find that again, quick play the balls will come and players like DCE, Foz and Gifty will have more room to move. Just look at Killer's try last night, great right side play off the back of momentum from a previous great run up the middle and quick play the ball.

When our attack is firing, the players can focus more on defence isn't of worrying to score off every play because of frustration.

Tooves is doing fine with all the set backs he has had, injuries on top of a general lack of size and depth in our forward pack that needs new recruits.

He is aware that our attack has issues and you can see improvements in some areas but you can't change peoples ways overnight considering the attacking structures and habits we have accumulated over the previous 6-7 seasons.

Straight away he signed Johns to help in the attacking area(people have to stop expecting overnight success in this area) especially now we are down on troops, overall depth and strength up the middle.

Basically most of our new recruits have added something to the squad and performed well----Foran has improved also.

Our attacking structures for years have been "over-rated" and i would change things up big time in some areas and modify things in other areas. I would be more concerned if Tooves was not trying to address these areas but he clearly is---he might have his limitations in this area but i don't feel at this point of time the blame game starts in the coaching department.

We lack troops, we lack size,strength and speed and in this environment our bad habits and old attacking structures are showing their age.

ManlyArmy said:
Number 1 thing that has to change is our go-forward. If we are able to find that again, quick play the balls will come and players like DCE, Foz and Gifty will have more room to move. Just look at Killer's try last night, great right side play off the back of momentum from a previous great run up the middle and quick play the ball.

When our attack is firing, the players can focus more on defence isn't of worrying to score off every play because of frustration.

8 consecutive sets on them in the first half last night & we couldn't even look like scoring a point. With that much possession any team should have had a 2 try lead minimum. We have zero attack because we have no plan or structure in attack. That come from the coaching staff. I thought getting Johns was going to be a master stroke for our halves but they have been getting worse not better. Maybe he's secretly working for the knights

Ralphie said:
Our savior hasn't even been named in the side. FFS what's going on inside Tooveys head

Well....In the last 3 press conferences he's said: "We just gotta play better."

I live in the assumption that he does more than that at training than just yell that out!

With all the people 'in the know' around here, how come someone hasn't just asked him about the bench?

Surely he'd answer.

(don't call me Shirley)

globaleagle said:
Ralphie said:
Our savior hasn't even been named in the side. FFS what's going on inside Tooveys head

Well....In the last 3 press conferences he's said: "We just gotta play better."

I live in the assumption that he does more than that at training than just yell that out!

With all the people 'in the know' around here, how come someone hasn't just asked him about the bench?

Surely he'd answer.

(don't call me Shirley)

Fa'oso won't be match fit, but Donny should have him as fit as can be otherwise. Surely that is a better option on the bench than Hasson. Don't tell me it was the day after a Monday night game so little thought put into it. Toovey has had two months the think about this selection, what's more big Georgie at 17 & Hasson at 16. Georgie should be starting prop!!!!!

I know I'll be howled down, but I have now lost all faith in Toovey, this is ridiculous.

To all of those saying that Hasler took 4 years to make a GF, I say look at the squad & culture he inherited compared with what Toovey has inherited.

Vent over.........I feel a little better now that's out.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6