The man to change things

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
I am certain after watching tonight, that the key to our season will be back in the next 2 weeks. Will probably get called crazy for this, but that man is Fa'aoso.

Why ? Well tonight, every single time Rose was on the field, our attack improved by plenty. The reason for that, he got the ball, he went straight, and he went hard. Off the back of that, we had more time and room and we could put something on. Hard and straight is all that Fa'aoso does and if we get he and Rose working in tandem creating a roll on we will look a far better side, I'm certain of that. Only trouble will be if a poor selection is made and Rose is dropped to bring Fa'aoso back in

That 1st try we scored tonight was another good example of what a simple hard run can do, Glenn set it up and told Lawrence to run 1 up the guts, he did his job, quick play the ball, and we have the room for a move to be executed.

The sad part of that play was though, that it was Glenn doing that, an Origin half, even though he is young, should be organising our forwards and getting them to their spots, he was lost tonight and it was left to a 2nd rower to be the main playmaker, extremely disappointed in DCEs efforts tonight

Next week, If it was me, Rose gets a starting spot and Lawrence to the bench. Rose will get us rolling early, and Lawrence is a touch off the boil at the moment, his 1st full season maybe taking a toll, and at the 20min mark I'd love to see what his speed and footwork could produce as an impact man. Give Sao his debut as well, let's see what he has got

Hasson definitely looks to have something about him, hope the injury isn't too bad

Agree, hard and straight poking the head through the line will add plenty. We sometimes forget what we are missing, and as has been proven so many times, the team that uses the least amount of players in a season normally wins - we are off the pace for a reason, it is not for want of trying

This is the guy who has had multiple clubs and we picked him up. His last suspension showed why he has had multiple clubs. KE, if we are relying on him instead of our big buck "stars" we are in big trouble. Time for Jamie, Brett the Northside's most expensive BBQ'er and Glenn to stand up and lead us to a win.

Agree, except with Lawrence. He was back to some good bullocking runs tonight, and was looking for some second phase play as well. I'd be benching Kite. He's not making the impact of old.

Well summed up KE. George was great tonight, and I also was thinking we needed Fa'aoso's direct running. Choc usually provides the strong run with a quick play the ball for our halves to work off, but, for some reason, he has gone back to crabbing sideways and using his footwork before the line rather than at it.

Darren said:
This is the guy who has had multiple clubs and we picked him up. His last suspension showed why he has had multiple clubs. KE, if we are relying on him instead of our big buck "stars" we are in big trouble. Time for Jamie, Brett the Northside's most expensive BBQ'er and Glenn to stand up and lead us to a win.

So you want Jamie and Brett to get into the middle of the park and take aggressive hit ups ?

My point here is Darren, when Fa'aoso comes back, our middle of the park metres improve, therefore Lyon and co have more change of making something happen

The Brett jabs you throw out show an extreme lack of class mate

Kiwi Eagle said:
Darren said:

So you want Jamie and Brett to get into the middle of the park and take aggressive hit ups ?

My point here is Darren, when Fa'aoso comes back, our middle of the park metres improve, therefore Lyon and co have more change of making something happen

The Brett jabs you throw out show an extreme lack of class mate
It's pathetic that's all it is. Sorry Darren but it shows you up as a gronk.
I agree with wombat, kite on the bench rose and Lawrence starting

At the start of the season we were going great. Why was that? We were rolling up field creating space for the backs. That's what needs to return. Fa'aoso is no superstar but was clear to see he was doing this very well for us early in the season.

Darren said:

Please enlighten me about why his suspension shows he has had multiple clubs? Prior to his time at Manly his last suspension was with Penrith in 2004. Unlike you to have a baseless agenda...

voicefromthehill said:
Darren said:

Please enlighten me about why his suspension shows he has had multiple clubs? Prior to his time at Manly his last suspension was with Penrith in 2004. Unlike you to have a baseless agenda...

my thoughts exactly,
i guess darren must believe everything rothfield says

The man to change things is our great coach 2V . We had 4 prominent players missing last night and two will be back . We will bounce back
WE ARE THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES !!!

Garts said:
At the start of the season we were going great. Why was that? We were rolling up field creating space for the backs. That's what needs to return. Fa'aoso is no superstar but was clear to see he was doing this very well for us early in the season.

Why was that? For starters we had King and Joe. Now we don't.

Fa'aoso's return can only help but once we lost two of our best props this season was always going to be tough.

BOZO said:
The man to change things is our great coach 2V . We had 4 prominent players missing last night and two will be back . We will bounce back

Agreed, the man in the hot seat is Toovey. Regardless of roster availability, the buck stops with him.

At the moment, the coaching lacks imagination and focus.

Discipline, creativity, defence are all suffering. The next 10 rounds will MAKE OR BREAK Toovey's career, and rightly so.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
BOZO said:

Agreed, the man in the hot seat is Toovey. Regardless of roster availability, the buck stops with him.

Discipline, creativity, defence are all suffering. The next 10 rounds will MAKE OR BREAK Toovey's career, and rightly so.

When Is Bennett contract up at the knights? He would be great to mould a new team. We are a club that should always have one of the best coaches in the game in charge. We had 1 and blew it big time.

Don't worry robbie Hasler was a **** coach on here for along time too

Toovey is only in his 2nd year, it took Bennett 5 with a team full of superstars to do anything

The part of Rose's game I love the most is the leg drive after contact. Too many modern players get to the ground after a hint of contact but players like George bend the line and get the defense on the back foot. players who go to ground easy dont commit defenders who then seem to get back into the line and pick off the next runner too easy, stiffling attacks and reducing the time ball players have.

Toovey is doing great for such an early stage in his career.
The only gripe with recent Seaeagles performances is not punching direct up the middle with option runners to lay a platform for DCE/FOZ & get a rollon.
Fa'aso is definately going to add some punch but when he goes to the line needs support to take away some defensive heat, atm theres 1 out footy easily eaten up & dominated by the defence.
Lawrence popped his head thru the line twice in 5 minutes last night & had no support. Even when setting for a wide play next tackle, should always have a runner.
Its a fair call that Fa'aso will add plenty.

mickqld said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
BOZO said:

When Is Bennett contract up at the knights? He would be great to mould a new team. We are a club that should always have one of the best coaches in the game in charge. We had 1 and blew it big time.
What the **** has Benny done with the Knights , **** all . LOL

Haslers Hyenas are struggling as well !!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6