The man has spoken...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is my opinion I have no proof I'm just speculating I think we are going 2 struggle in the halves next year I hope that isn't running down the club.

I still think think our best option is Carney @ 5/8 and Hastings or the fella from brissy @ half.
Would be pretty happy with that outcome.

Did Toovs actually say this that they are unlikely to come from within the club . the story came from Fox as i see it there and they say that but did he actually say it or are they just making it up as usual .He didnt say anything on 360 regarding it there is no presser on the manly site . Hey i may be wrong but i just get the feeling they are putting words in toovs mouth

Yes, he said it to Fox when the 3 juniors' signing was announced 2 days ago.

They asked about LG backflip

The video is on the Foxsports site

Did Toovs actually say this that they are unlikely to come from within the club . the story came from Fox as i see it there and they say that but did he actually say it or are they just making it up as usual .He didnt say anything on 360 regarding it there is no presser on the manly site . Hey i may be wrong but i just get the feeling they are putting words in toovs mouth
I think this quote pretty much says it...

“At this stage I can’t see anyone at the club that stands out to play that (playmaking) role (next year),” Toovey said.

At least Toovey is not kidding himself, because I don't see a standout either.

Fox has many interviews that they don't put up, not sure why.

Also the Weidler grabs are never put up by Nine.

When 2v said the bit about the young ones not being ready, I'm sure he meant that as a pairing it would be unfair for two newbies to lead Manly around in 2016

I've seen people toss Jack Bird's name up a few times in different threads, but he is contracted to the Sharks for next year as well, and is making a fist of his time in the Shire, so how anyone could think he is an option to either come here or return the Dragons is beyond me.

Fox has many interviews that they don't put up, not sure why.

Also the Weidler grabs are never put up by Nine.

When 2v said the bit about the young ones not being ready, I'm sure he meant that as a pairing it would be unfair for two newbies to lead Manly around in 2016
He said he "can't see anyone at the club that stands out to play that (playmaking) role (next year)", so I tend to disagree with you on this one.

I'm happy with that too so long as there are some guys who can cover in NSW Cup. If we sign those two then Killer can be a back up 5/8 and ONLY THEN would I be happy with Kris Keating as the back up 7.

IMO
I am in 100% agreement with you on this.

Cornish and Hastings could potentially be better than DCE/Foran combination one day. They are both junior stars, and that's the direction we should be going in. We need to be patient and build rather than go after Sandow and Hodkinson, because all they can do is "hold up an end" and that's useless...we need to build towards a premiership in 3-5 years time.

He said he "can't see anyone at the club that stands out to play that (playmaking) role (next year)", so I tend to disagree with you on this one.
The bracket words are filled in by journos. Tooves didn't say them. Also we don't know the exact question.

The bracket words are filled in by journos. Tooves didn't say them. Also we don't know the exact question.
From Sportal...
QUESTION: Would you likely bring in two halves from outside the club or are there some guys within the club you think could possibly play that five-eighth/half-back role for you next season?

TOOVEY: "At this stage I can't see anyone that stands out at the club to play that role but I know Jamie Lyon has played at five-eighth in a side that won a grand-final 40-0, so there are some options there but we're just trying to secure some quality players before that happens."

Yes, they must transcribe it on Sportal - but the interview was at Narra and shown on FoxSports Channel 500

Last edited:
So he is saying ? ''that there isn't any player that stands out as the play maker" within the club
that doesn't rule out blooding a young player or purchasing a young play to partner i take it either Lyon or an experienced player like Maloney or Carney
Personally i dont mind the idea of paying Lyon at 5/8 that leaves Hiku and Matai in the centres

At least it puts to bed the numerous JLJ wet dreams around here.
Go for Maloney, good player and just what we need after this year. Cornish might well be the value runner here.
In any regards I am sure our staff will make the right choices-they usually do...don't they! ;)

I am in 100% agreement with you on this.

Cornish and Hastings could potentially be better than DCE/Foran combination one day. They are both junior stars, and that's the direction we should be going in. We need to be patient and build rather than go after Sandow and Hodkinson, because all they can do is "hold up an end" and that's useless...we need to build towards a premiership in 3-5 years time.
I agree that could work, but it could also be a disaster early on if we don't acquire 1 or 2 top forwards - and there are not many options left. I think the best remaining are Myles, Tamou and Snowden - Tamou seems a lock for Canberra. Snowden has played much better this year but went missing for a couple of years before that. Although, props generally mature later in their careers, so he could be coming into his prime - he is worth a look.

Cornish, Hastings, Snowden and Myles - I would be happy with that. Otherwise the only other half worth getting is Carney and well that would only be a 2 year option IMO, and then we would have to go hard after DCE again, or Ben Hunt, or Adam Reynolds etc in 2018.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6