The magic of Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What a great night. The mighty Sea Eagles come to town, my chance to watch the match live for only the fifth time this year, plus a match we are expected to win. There was a small but vocal band of Manly faithful present, the weather wasn’t much good, plus the team got off on the wrong foot, in fact the whole game did not show off their talents to best advantage. But I got a hot dog and a pie, got to see some familiar faces, at the hot dog stand  I also met Keith tangles who had come down from Gold Coast for the event! I even met DSM5 (from memory he was saying something about Ox). Vidmar was shouting loudest as usual (thanks for the ticket), maybe as the match went on he was more just shouting at our guys? Hard to tell, the rain seemed to soak up a lot of the noise, and the crowd overall was a bit quiet. I think the modest number of knights fans were stunned into silence by their team’s polished display.
After the game I tracked down my neighbour Pete to give him a lift home, he had been at the other end and said he was so cold he didn’t even drink all the beer he had smuggled into the ground. And he calls himself a Manly fan!

All in all a fine occasion, sad to see Farrar hurt, (couldn’t possibly have happened while fielding a bomb!), the boys put on a real show for us but unfortunately it was more tragi-comedy rather than the action spectacular we had expected. However - as we frequently pointed out to the Knights fans nearby - at least we’ll be in the finals! They never really came up with a comeback to that one. We didn’t win but I’m certain we will next week ...although my brain got frozen so not sure if it still works properly  :)

The Ox, now that's a memory.  I had a good time too SER8.  The meal at the Wests Leagues was reasonable, even for my refined palate.  I happened to bump into Greg Hartley's uncle.  I passed on our thanks for the seventh tackle win.  Pity about the rain though.  Oh yeah.... and the score.   

My garden shed is drier than this - It has a roof and a window...

Good to see a few managed to get to the game and sit in the Western Construction site in the rain.

Shocker of a game and not a lot to cheer about - as mentioned by a few it was a shame that some of the players didn't put in the effort that many of the supporters had to in order to get to a Monday night game in Newcastle.

Really needed this game so very dissapointed on leaving the ground and really really hope we lift for Saturday.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6