The lynching continues...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy said:
Bird, Gallen, Trex, Burns would all have similar suspension times

And at least Matai hasn't bashed his girlfriend (Bird) or torn stitches out of players heads (Gallen) or racially vilified opponents (Gallen) or kicked people in the head while they are unprotected on the ground (Slater, McDougall).

ManlyBacker said:
No one should buy that paper. Their never-ending hatefest of everything Manly says to me they should never get a cent out of our supporters. No problem checking their website for free but why would you actually pay these hacks their salary?
You may be checking their website for free, but you are still supporting them by providing traffic to their website. Traffic to their website increases advertising potential, which increases profit.
In my opinion everybody should boycott the Daily Telegraph in all forms. Complete and utter rubbish. Nothing but lies and bull**** agendas.

We can bleat all we like but he keeps putting himself into these situations and he doesn't learn. It's not good enough you cant hit high and now we are ****ed again because of it at the wrong time of the season. He's a great player but useless sitting on the sidelines too often for this ****.

I buy the tele everyday. Yes they hate Manly but so does everyone and it doesnt bother me. If you didnt associate with everyone who hated Manly, you'd be very lonely.

If Matai, Lyon and king are all out, we will be lucky to get 10,000 people to the game.
It really annoys me that a high shot which for as long as I can remember, was always just a penalty, is now punishable by suspension. Suspensions used to be only for the bad ones.

bones said:
If Matai, Lyon and king are all out, we will be lucky to get 10,000 people to the game.
It really annoys me that a high shot which for as long as I can remember, was always just a penalty, is now punishable by suspension. Suspensions used to be only for the bad ones.

That goof Webster is blaming us for the poor crowd on Fri night and already getting stuck into us for the anticipated poor crowd next fri.

mickqld said:
bones said:

That goof Webster is blaming us for the poor crowd on Fri night and already getting stuck into us for the anticipated poor crowd next fri.

He is right. Not enough Manly fans travel.

mickqld said:
bones said:

We had maybe 10,000 out there on a Friday night. For a fan base with jobs and having to travel a fair way to get there, that's not bad. It's not good either. However, the Bulldogs, with no jobs, and the stadium in their backyard, should have had far more support there on Friday night.

The low numbers had nothing to do with either team. We put the best we could for a Friday night. The same will be next week as well. We need to get these guys across the line on Friday so we can give Jamie a chance to recover for Melbourne.

How's perrett's form talking up the tackle like it was the worst tackle in history, what a total scumbag. I guess he is after Mattai's spot in the kiwi team.

Still think Mattai's should have contested half his previous charges, reckon he would have got off most of them, by not doing so makes his rap sheet look way worse than it should.

Should hire the same legal dude that mini hello did.

Jono said:
mickqld said:
bones said:

We had maybe 10,000 out there on a Friday night. For a fan base with jobs and having to travel a fair way to get there, that's not bad. It's not good either. However, the Bulldogs, with no jobs, and the stadium in their backyard, should have had far more support there on Friday night.

The low numbers had nothing to do with either team. We put the best we could for a Friday night. The same will be next week as well. We need to get these guys across the line on Friday so we can give Jamie a chance to recover for Melbourne.

Your point about Bulldogs fans gaving no jobs is spot on. Most other shopping centres are very quiet during the week. I went to Centro Bankstown last Thursday during the day and the place was packed. I was walking around wondering why these people did not have jobs to go to? It was also on A Current Affair a couple of weeks ago that the Bankstown area has one of the highest unemployment rates is Australia. So it is not just a myth about Dogs supporters...

Sterling was at it again today on the Sunday Footy Show saying how he "didn't want to pre-empt the judiciary but...". Andrew Johns offered some defence for Matai but Sterling just laughed . Sterling did the same regarding the Proctor/Vave spear tackle against Souths.

It did look like the tackle's first contact was against Perret's upper arm before sliding up...that's the only possible defence . That plus if it was Steve's 250th game and the celebrations were already organized for game day.

The Daily Bum-Fodder... Haven't read that redneck rag since the mid 90's. If you'd read one of their non-biased sports editorials during the Super-duper League fiasco you'd have found out that Ken Arthurson and John Quayle were the cause all of the world's problems for the previous century...

Moops said:
Jono said:
mickqld said:
bones said:

Your point about Bulldogs fans gaving no jobs is spot on. Most other shopping centres are very quiet during the week. I went to Centro Bankstown last Thursday during the day and the place was packed. I was walking around wondering why these people did not have jobs to go to? It was also on A Current Affair a couple of weeks ago that the Bankstown area has one of the highest unemployment rates is Australia. So it is not just a myth about Dogs supporters...

Because there is too much money to be made from drugs, prostitution, car theft and various other forms of scallywag behaviour. Why would you want to work? I blame channel 9 again for their glorification of shows like Underbelly. Most people can watch and be entertained and leave it at that. Others, who are more closely linked with the darker side of city life, and easily swayed by peers with hidden agendas, see it as a career choice. Fast money, fast women and (what they perceive as) respect = high unemployment, but plenty of cash flow for shopping sprees etc.

mozgrame said:
Moops said:
Jono said:
mickqld said:
bones said:

Because there is too much money to be made from drugs, prostitution, car theft and various other forms of scallywag behaviour. Why would you want to work? I blame channel 9 again for their glorification of shows like Underbelly. Most people can watch and be entertained and leave it at that. Others, who are more closely linked with the darker side of city life, and easily swayed by peers with hidden agendas, see it as a career choice. Fast money, fast women and (what they perceive as) respect = high unemployment, but plenty of cash flow for shopping sprees etc.

...and feeding millions of dollars through their club that has the most poker machines in Australia, now that's a record that the no one will ever take away from the dogs.

Like a lot of Manly fans, there are also dogs supporters that do not live in that area and are decent hard working people. I think we need to remember that.

bones said:
cuckold said:
bones said:
If Mata, Lyon and king are all out, we will be lucky to get 10,000 people to the game.

That goof Webster is blaming us for the poor crowd on Fri night and already getting stuck into us for the anticipated poor crowd next Fri.

He is right. Not enough Manly fans travel.

Agree Bones but not every Manly fan lives in Manly or its surrounding suburbs.
A lot live outside the area or outside of Sydney. I live in country NSW and it is the cost and logistics of going to a game is what stops me going to more that one a year. If I was living is Sydney, I would never miss a game.

globaleagle said:
Yeah, name 5!

Well my wife for one!!!! My monster in law and her extended family would make up the rest.

HM wrote this on another thread:

Last year there was a very moving story about Stevie's severely handicapped elder brother. Explains his 100% effort as he is playing for two.

Stevie has a rep but it angers me that the tele turns a footy incident into a character assassination.
Imo it's the extent of his reputation pumped up by inflamatory articles that ensures he does time, not necessarily his actions which are the same as many others in the game.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6