The Levels of Losing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After counting at least 5 instances where the refs screwed us over, I've now moved onto the 3rd level of losing: anger.
You guys?

Ive been at shock/bewilderment, but am still at anger. Looking forward to surrender/acceptance.

My mum emailed me this morning. I replied with 2 sentences telling her i was extremely pissed off because of the ref killing us and to give me a few days to get a grip on things, then i would get back to her lol

I am angry and upset at the result, but not at the effort of the boys. They tried their guts out last night. A better team, helped by some dodgy calls (made by 2 refs hopefully in their last ever Grand Final), was all that stood between us and premiership number 9.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

I am in the reality phase, bottom line, we led the game 18-8 inspite of the pinkies best efforts to keep the cluckers in the game. We then proceeded to make crucial errors and allowed them straight back into it. Hesitancy cost us 12 big points in the 2nd half.

I am proud of the boys efforts, but I am still very pissed off. We got shafted and nothing but time is going to heal these wounds. I still cannot fathom how a team that is the most penalised all year, in the most important game only give away 2.

I don't want to sound like sour grapes but the more I think about the refs performance, the angrier I get.

Any game I see that has Heyne Reffing, is one I think well here we go again. At best he is incompetent, at worst well I think you get the drift. I really think he would have thought the majority of the people watching the game we there to see him. As one of my friends tells me..."you don't have to have a long neck to be a goose"

I am a seething ball of anger, and can't see my way through it. I have never enjoyed a game less than last night.

Bitterly disappointed. But so very proud. In the end I think the difference between winning and losing last night besides the refs. Was size.
If we had a fit joe, king and Ritchie playing we would got home.

Im doing that thing were you turn off all your tv and radio, avoid news websites and ignore all phone calls from chooks supporters for a few days till the hype dies down and you don't have to hear about it.

While I've accepted the fact it's done and dusted, I just wish that the pinkies didn't play such a big role in the result.

The penalty that got it to 8-6 for, of all things, crowding. What the f^$% is crowding ?

The refusal to use the sin bin for a professional foul.

The forward pass. You can see Killer motioning in the background as soon as the pass is thrown.

The head butt. (Maria is definitely a Rooter and not an Eagle)

At least in the semi, the got us fair and square. But last night was different altogether.

I might recover by Christmas.

At the ground i did not realize how badly we were ripped off. What a effort to go ahead by 10 points under such circumstances. Throughout the game i was disappointed with Wolf man. Extremely disappointed in his decisions and our lack of support for him when he was clearly struggling.

Still pissed at the fact how the refs missed those calls last night especially on a occasion like a GF, but on the other hand the roosters were the better team and took there chances when given. Still proud at the fact we nearly won the comp and enjoyed our run in the finals series.

Eagles2nv said:
Im doing that thing were you turn off all your tv and radio, avoid news websites and ignore all phone calls from chooks supporters for a few days till the hype dies down and you don't have to hear about it.
Me too, I'll only have to do it for a day though as the GF result will only get a brief mention in the Qld media then it will be back to saturation coverage of the Broncos.

Interesting to see if the shoe was on the other foot with all the calls that went against Manly . Would have the media been so quite on a forward pass that won the game for Manly that led to a try or a glaring miss of a wrong scrum feed when the ball came off the boot of a roosters player ? Im telling you if we would have won the media bar none would have picked up every little incident and examined under a microscope to discredit the win but calls went against Manly so its a matter of who cares.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6