The knock on rule

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
I'm getting sick of this crap regarding knock-ons.

It seems ok to throw a pass and have it land in teammates hands 3 metres downfield due to "momentum", but yet, if a player is facing forward, even if the ball lands 3 metres back, it is regarded a knock on.

This is fantasy bull****.

Fantasy is the exact tool the referees use to rule against Manly and deny fair plays, like last night, and I am sick of it.

The ball should be ruled relative to its release by the exact point it either touches another player or the ground, otherwise rulings are made on speculation not reality.

I hope Hasler files a complaint about that dope in the video ref box Monday.

NY Eagle

From the official laws of the game comes the following definition

Knock On - means to knock the ball towards the opponents’ dead ball line with hand or arm, while playing at the ball.

Pretty simple. How you get it wrong after watching 10 replays is beyond me.

I'm getting sick of hearing Phil Gould saying "its in the rules, but its not in the spirit of the game" or "the ref had a good game, not too many penalties, just letting the game flow" or "common sense has got to be applied in these situations" or " if you don't slow it down its the correct decision". Bull****! The correct decision is how it is layed down in the rules. Its not subjective.

The bottom line is that you have rules and you enforce them or you throw out the rules.

The definition states travelling towards the opponents goal-line.

The disturbing thing was how many ex-players and commentators don't acutally know the rule.

Even more disturbing is that the video-ref didn't either.

Seems Harrigan doesn't know the rules either (or doesn't care) otherwise he would have admitted error and dumped the video ref way before now.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4