The King Dog-Welcome Back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: The King Dog

I did notice king was doubled over after the double team hit from the Burgi and he went off pretty much straight away. I hope he is ok would love an insiders update.

the mauler said:
A lot of people keep harping on about our apparent lack of front rowers compared to last year.
But if we had a close look at last year we basically had no King, Smokin Joe for the season. Add to that Faaoso missing most of the season suspended and Kite playing more like a 2nd half back than a prop.
We are in a much stronger up front this year than people give us credit for IMO.

I agree

Welcome Back Kingy

Great to see the big fella back. I thought he added some real power off the bench. Not bad for someone who has not played for a about a year. If he keeps playing like that and stays fit throughout the season he will be an inspiration to the other props and I have a funny feeling he may be playing in another grand final. That joust with the Burgess clan was worth the price of admission. Our prop stocks are ok. Keep it going Kingy!!

RE: Welcome Back Kingy

With Jason back, where are we going to fit all of our props????

Ironic, isn't it. Critics keep chirping on about all the front rowers we've lost - but I've lost count of all the front rowers we now have.

I loved the awe in Foz's voice on the Footy SHow when they asked about Kingy and the Burgess Clan after SB had a go at Horo for dropping a sitter.

'He cracked Sam, then he called out the other two Burgess Brothers.:p
It really made us feel that he would do anything for a mate.' :angel:

Maybe the Props should be rotated, even Choc and Matty could do with a week off against Parra - let the Newbies have a taste of first grade :idea:

Gee don't tell me we now have too many props. WTF is 2v doing signing all these props.

Have we definately signed Mark Mexico as well?

tookey said:
Gee don't tell me we now have too many props. WTF is 2v doing signing all these props.

Agreed. It is ridiculous. There needs to be an investigation.

Added some much needed aggression to our pack and really lifted the team at a crucial point in the game.
Great comeback game.

Clint said:
tookey said:
Agreed. It is ridiculous. There needs to be an investigation.
If we are anywhere near breaching the cap, there will be.

mickqld said:
I did notice king was doubled over after the double team hit from the Burgi and he went off pretty much straight away. I hope he is ok would love an insiders update.

Kingy is interviewed on the MWSE site and he makes no mention of injury and he doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. He says he is looking forward to building some match fitness so I assume all is Ok.

Kingy will rack up 200 games for Manly against the Roosters in Round 4 (if he is fit).

We'll need a big one from him that night. Looking forward to Old Dog King vs Young Pup JWH.

HappilyManly said:
I loved the awe in Foz's voice on the Footy SHow when they asked about Kingy and the Burgess Clan after SB had a go at Horo for dropping a sitter.

'He cracked Sam, then he called out the other two Burgess Brothers.:p
It really made us feel that he would do anything for a mate.' :angel:

Maybe the Props should be rotated, even Choc and Matty could do with a week off against Parra - let the Newbies have a taste of first grade :idea:

Taped the interview and watched it last night....how good was it?? Whenever people talk about Killer there is a real awe about his coolness/calmness and ability to inspire. Brilliant. Now we have people like Foz talking reverentially about the blood and guts attitude of Kingy. That's what we need!!! Two captains with differing inspirational points.

That from Kingy was real spud Carroll stuff in my mind. It was very much 'give it your best shot but you'll get hurt too!'. Must be of major comfort for Lui, Starling and the other youngsters to see this.

I really believe that Manly is the most balanced footy side, and has been in all of its history.

We have always had the workgorses (Ian Martin,Fatty,Beaver,Matty,Foz), the straight out psychos (Reilly,Igor,Rambo, Spud,Choc) and the naturally gifted creative souls (Bozo,Alan Thompson,Cliffy,Snake,DCE) :angel:

The experienced and the fresh faced or newcomers, also add a great dimension to the Manly style of play :)

Ralphie said:
Kingy is interviewed on the MWSE site and he makes no mention of injury and he doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. He says he is looking forward to building some match fitness so I assume all is Ok.

Related article:

IN THE SHEDS: Jason King

Sat 15th March, 11:30AM

Sea Eagles stalwart Jason King chats in the sheds about his first match back for the club, how his body held up and how he is looking forward to getting back to Brookvale Oval.

Click here to watch the video at seaeagles.com.au

I really believe that Manly is the most balanced footy side, and has been in all of its history.

We have always had the workhorses (Ian Martin,Fatty,Beaver,Matty,Foz), the straight out psychos (Reilly,Igor,Rambo, Spud,Choc) and the naturally gifted creative souls (Bozo,Eadie,Cliffy,Snake,DCE) in the Team:angel:

The experienced and the fresh faced or newcomers, also add a great dimension to the Manly style of play :)

Great leadership and inspiring performance . He will only get fitter and perform better .

HappilyManly said:

We have always had the workhorses (Ian Martin,Fatty,Beaver,Matty,Foz), the straight out psychos (Reilly,Igor,Rambo, Spud,Choc) and the naturally gifted creative souls (Bozo,Eadie,Cliffy,Snake,DCE) in the Team:angel:

Great list. Stevie Matai needs to be added to the straight out psychos. Love his attitude.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6