The King Dog-Welcome Back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
The King Dog

We were gone until the King dog came on, showed some balls and took one all 4 Burgess brothers at once.

Great leadership, seemed to really fire up JSL when he replaced him, 60m in 15 minutes is a great return.

Also though tooves timed the replacement perfectly, Kingy was effected but so to were the burgess girls, King went for a well earned spell and the girls put on their PJ's for bed.

RE: The King Dog

Yeah kingy really fired up manly. His influence was noticed.

Does he really have a broken rib. I guess thats another 6-8weeks on the sideline.

Poor kingy.

Broken rib ? Not surprised, thought he looked like he got a big knock in that last hit up. So how many weeks for Jason King. ?

Geez, its tough luck we are having with injuries at the moment. :( its gotta turn around, maybe just after SOO.

That's a real shame. I thought his fire up at the Burgess pretenders really got us back on the front foot. Suddenly you could see the sting in our tackles and runs.

If thats true it sucks, bloke really put his body on the line (literally) tonight and got us the win

Without him all we have is choc with agression

Kingy got smashed - he would have loved it and returned the favour :p

Still allowed Luke to needle him :huh:

Every Player stood up, but the forwards really put their bodies on the line :angel:

I was about to say he's back just in time, but bad luck if it's true about his rib.
I reckon Lawrence is not right, heard something about a back injury recently. I have no idea how anyone can play NRL with a back injury but he doesn't look himself at present.
Oh well, bring up Turbo and Sao, no problem!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I was about to say he's back just in time, but bad luck if it's true about his rib.
I reckon Lawrence is not right, heard something about a back injury recently. I have no idea how anyone can play NRL with a back injury but he doesn't look himself at present.
Oh well, bring up Turbo and Sao, no problem!

Hope the Old Bull is OK - I think he really showed the younger guys what is required tonight…he may be older, touch lighter, not as fit yet, but with his forward leadership it suggests that we don't need to spend big money on a big name prop. Whatever we have left in the bank account needs to go on Gift, Hiku and DCE…I also think the older guys in the team like Lyon, Skivvy, Choc just love having him out there…JSL/Hasson/Lui will all play a big role this year and you can see them improve each week under his leadership….Souths have the biggest pack in the NRL and we held our own tonight - well done King Dog.

Sam Burgess called the king dog out like in a Bruce lee movie with the right hand waving come and get me. King dog took up the challenge even with all the brothers there. Ran straight and hard and was not intimidated. Bad luck burgess, no one is scarred of you and the monster pack, soft pussies.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Are we sure he got hurt? Just watched the presser and Tooves said how happy they were he got through the game okay…

Tooves was asked if King was ok. He said yeah just a bit tired and that he was happy with his first hit out in such a long time. He also said the game would do his confidence a lot of good.
No mention of this broken rib?

Red Pill said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:
Are we sure he got hurt? Just watched the presser and Tooves said how happy they were he got through the game okay…

Tooves was asked if King was ok. He said yeah just a bit tired and that he was happy with his first hit out in such a long time. He also said the game would do his confidence a lot of good.

Just heard that too, sounds like he got through ok then. good stuff!!

Gift will be back next week as well so one of JSL, Lui or Hasson to drop off the bench

Fluffy said:
Red Pill said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:

Just heard that too, sounds like he got through ok then. good stuff!!

Gift will be back next week as well so one of JSL, Lui or Hasson to drop off the bench

I hate to say it but it will be JSL. Lui was awesome last night

Kingy and the forwards reminded me of a few years back....don't call us out. We aren't intimidated. It sent a strong strong message to the so-called biggest and best pack in the league. I was talking to a souths fan today (he's actually a good guy...rare I know) and he just said our pack monstered theirs.

He did very very well. I was very happy to see him out there leading by example.

My sentences seem basic.

Run Jane run.

A lot of people keep harping on about our apparent lack of front rowers compared to last year.
But if we had a close look at last year we basically had no King, Smokin Joe for the season. Add to that Faaoso missing most of the season suspended and Kite playing more like a 2nd half back than a prop.
We are in a much stronger up front this year than people give us credit for IMO.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6