The issue with our attack at the moment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Without foran we are very one Dimensional in attack, at full strength we have that lethal right side with Dce, gifty and Lyon doing their thing and carving up. Then on the ledt side you have k foz working with watmough and matai providing a point of difference and at times just as effective as the right add to that snake chiming in as an extra Man and our attack as we all know is leathal.

Without k foz playing there 2 Things are very noticeable on the left side we are playing very direct almost one out and thus matai is not seeing quality ball to set taufa up and also we very rarely go left. (last week against the roosters is a great example)
Then on the right side without k foz we are going there way too often and are becoming predictable and teams like penrith did yesterday are really jamming up on us and we are less effective out there. Our only try demonstrates this it was three defenders on Jamie and whare and it took some extraordinary work from Jamie and great finishing from whare to get over the line.

I'm not sure if it's a lack of confidence in Liam or hes more of a runner than distributor. Dce is alot easier for teams to contain without foran there to act as a point of difference.

DCE has taken probe to a whole new dimension. Partnered with Foz who plays direct and forces players to make decisions in a hurry the probe is a great follow up, but on its pat malone its easy to stop

Dce will become a force once the foz is out there, as at this stage he is still that back up man and Foz makes it happen

Matty ballin is getting to much probe too with his scoots, he is probing for a penalty rather than darting for metres

Liam looks more like a hooker to me, or should i say number 9

Agree, also taufua is often alongside or in front of matai in attack which really limits options on that side.

Is it me or does it seem that Liam Foran keeps getting the ball to often on the 5th tackle??

We just miss Kieran Foran. His brother is pretty solid but KFoz is a game breaker but more importantly he is a little bloody ripper who at low ebbs in a game decides he has had enough and bang! Big tackle, big run, courageous kick chase.

There is a reason we have been grinding out or wins and it's because we haven't had our full strength team available since round one.

Back to back premierships aren't won by teams who are front runners the following season. There is just too much intensity and sustained pressure for that to work.

If we are at full strength come the end of the year we will give it a good shake.

Manly 23 Brisbane 16 Grand final prediction 2012.

Mauro missed a really bad tackle on the panthers half yesterday. He looks like he is playing injured or overweight - normally very dependable but slow yeaterday in a period where blokes like him should really be having a dig.

I think the problem is that L Foz doesn't want to take on the line, and hence put the defence in two minds. I noticed yesterday that the second man play to Snake was shut down pretty quickly down that LHS on a couple of occassions, once by Luke Walsh. You know you are in trouble when Luke Walsh's defence is closing down your attack. That play is no big secret of ours, but the secret to it's success is giving Snake the room/time to make the most of it.

DCE has been going a little too sideways. When we beat penrith 30-0 at brookie a few weeks back we had as many, if not more, guys missing than we did yesterday but the difference in attack was how up tempo DCE was. He took the line and played straight. Yesterday and a few times over the last month he's tried to pass his way through and around opposition defences. Can work when the defence is slack but the Panthers were up for it yesterday and really didn't struggle with anything we had to offer at all.

Another problem is how bad our kicking game is. Hard to build an attack when you can't get repeat sets & are constantly pinned back in your own 20.

Haz88 said:
Is it me or does it seem that Liam Foran keeps getting the ball to often on the 5th tackle??

No, i noticed this as well. My mate and i way were blowing up on Sunday lol. We were wondering why Liam was getting more 5th tackle options than DCE.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4