The Huss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Premium Member
Tipping Member
I am sure most of you have heard by now that Mike Hussey has announced his retirement.
What a shock. What a shame. What a big hole he will leave.
I would loved to have seen him go around for one more ashes campaign.
He is all class. Probably my favourite player in this currrent line up.
If Clarke is rested for Sydney (which I think he should), Huss could go out as skipper in his final test. That would be very fitting.
All the best in your future endeavours Mr Cricket, you will be missed.

Bit of a shock I must admit, has been in good form and one of the few experienced batsman left in the side. Will leave a big hole but good on him for going out on his terms.

Unfortunate timing with the death of tony Grieg meaning he probably didn't get the focus he deserved.

Chip and Chase said:
Unfortunate timing with the death of tony Grieg meaning he probably didn't get the focus he deserved.

Agreed C & C, but probably just the way he'd like it too I reckon. Without too much fuss.

No fuss from the Huss.

Goodbye Mr Cricket and thanks a million.

Nathan Lyon chosen to lead the team song by Huss from now on.

Might make him harder to drop!

Nathan Lyon got the gig eh ?? Wow, that surprises me a little, as I don't see his spot being particularly rock solid.

Anyway well done to Mr Cricket, great career and a special cricketer. Sad to see him go. Still remember those first couple of tons when he batted with the tail to put on some big partnerships. Also the 180 he got playing a support role to Dizzy Gillespie as he racked up his double ton ;)

I'll miss the Huss, he was a guy who just loved the game and respected it so much.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2