The Good, the Bad and the Ugly report - Rd 9

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good write up but I don't agree with the harsh criticism of our team. Saying Canberra without Campese ‘should be put away solidly’ suggests you had forgotten the quality in the players they still have. If they click they can challenge any side and they certainly gave it a shot yesterday. Yes we were guilty of impatience, but we didn’t buckle and stuck it out for a good, solid win.

We suffered no injuries (that I know of), got the 2 points, and the match was exciting and at times spectacular, I thought.

"George Rose: Some gut busting (sorry hard to resist) runs but not the same impact as the MOM Dogs game. Is it me or did he look even bigger than last week?"

Cf2, your forgetting he was partially camouflaged last week and I think maroon just makes him look fat when he's really just big boned.

Right WAMF, big boned? I don't think the anatomy of the human bodies bones extend to the outer regions of the stomach area. George is clearly overweight and Toovey has said that he needs to work on his fitness. I would think that suggests also looking at his diet. Having said that his weight gives him a lot of power and he is clearly very strong in the upper leg area to be able to support the weight and move powerfully with his guts in tow.
SER8 I'm struggling to see where the harsh criticism in cf2's report is.
Bottom line is we defended really well yesterday, got some fortunate calls and also got a big break when the officials missed a clear knock from us on late in the game.

There were a few major reasons the game stayed close yesterday -
*Canberra turned up & when they do - against anyone with those big fowards, usually stay in the hunt.
*With no Campese this McCrone has stepped up & off that big pack has time to create opportunities on the fringe, plus he takes on the line- at speed.
*3-4 massive Manly tryscoring opportunities in the 1st half lost, due to both great scrambling (indicating good attitude) & pushed passes.

I listened to the game live & watched the replay later.
Imo the Seaeagles performance was pretty good & only a fraction off destroying a good(not great) footy team who definately were at Brookie desperate for the 2 points.
Got to disagree with those calling this game similar to Titans /Parra effort.
Sure the completion rates were down but if half those dropped balls stick, we put on 40 points, plus the defence was solid & commited unlike those other games.
A bit of credit to Canberra to hold out some of the best flowing football seen from Manly in 2012. For mine we are building well to stake a claim for BTB in 2012.

The report was accurate imo. I thought we were flat, and I'm hoping it is because we had part of our mind on the upcoming clash with Brisbane at Suncorp.
We were slightly the better team, but winning the penalty count helped.
I too can't work out why Vic only got the last eight minutes of the match. It was very hot yesterday, and more rotation would have seemed sensible.
But, we got the two points, and now I'm looking forward to Suncorp.

After thinking about it a bit i think the Dogs game took a bit out of us aswell. We were defiantly not playing at 100% with some soft defense around the ruck and mentally we were not switched on with some forced passes after line breaks. We were lucky to win imo.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4