The Good, the Bad and the Ugly report - Rd 23

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Another joyful read about our winning boys. Reading your report is one thing that I do look forward to.

Not sure if Snake's hand in 'gail' force winds was apt. I don't think Gail had anything to do with him. She's a fine girl.
Perhaps you mean 'gale'.

In Taufua's defense, he completely baffled that ant he stepped :)

Good report as always sir!!!

Excellent write up as per usual. Must admit though, I think you may not be doing Foz justice- I haven't seen the replay but at the ground last night I thought he was back to his best and quite involved.

what Mr Invisible said about our win over at flea town

But now everyone will be gushing over Manly and how they are finals ready.

Both sides were dead average last night. Hunt and Farrell need to learn to defend. Dead set turnstyles last night. If Manly caught on they could have just hammered that side every play and produced points. Add to this John Sutton is completely useless (a few times had numbers outside him and took the tackle), Adam Reynolds was too quiet (hype getting to his head?), and Issac Luke (sadly for Souths fans) returning. Luke was terrible last night, his defence is always shocking.

Put simply Manly just had to turn up to win last night. Even when Souths were up on the scoreboard, you knew it was just a matter of time.

Sure with Stewarts return their last line of defence is MUCH better, but they are still being easily exposed in defence. There were points all over the ground if Souths played the game smart. Taufua can be exposed, likewise drawing their forwards then shifting wide quickly. Not to mention Souths failed to take advantage of the wind last night. I don'tt think they kicked dead/line to turn around Manly once last night.

Berkeley_Eagle said:

Both sides were dead average last night. Hunt and Farrell need to learn to defend. Dead set turnstyles last night. If Manly caught on they could have just hammered that side every play and produced points. Add to this John Sutton is completely useless (a few times had numbers outside him and took the tackle), Adam Reynolds was too quiet (hype getting to his head?), and Issac Luke (sadly for Souths fans) returning. Luke was terrible last night, his defence is always shocking.

Put simply Manly just had to turn up to win last night. Even when Souths were up on the scoreboard, you knew it was just a matter of time.

Sure with Stewarts return their last line of defence is MUCH better, but they are still being easily exposed in defence. There were points all over the ground if Souths played the game smart. Taufua can be exposed, likewise drawing their forwards then shifting wide quickly. Not to mention Souths failed to take advantage of the wind last night. I don'tt think they kicked dead/line to turn around Manly once last night.

Berks, I actually prefer it when he remain Invisible...

Vyssini said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

just showing you what a 2 faced bastard he is

cf2 is back said:
THE BAD:
Nothing really comes to mind, not even a ref to complain about.

without picking on them too much, what about the penalty against foran for 'breaking too soon' from the scrum. yet no penalty when manly trapped the ball in front of the locks feet & souths 3 back rowers all broke, then stood there until the ball was out.i'm sure at least one of them was then involved in the tackle also.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Vyssini said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

just showing you what a 2 faced bastard he is
That he is. I hate him. Thanks for the reminder of why I have that phoney blocked.

Berkeley_Eagle said:

Actually he is right about some things. They had a gale behind them in the second half and didn't use it. We have some minor weaknesses but mostly in a less than polished attack.

The rest is the great Invisble imagination. The opposition keep running at Gift like there is a channel there and there isn't - he smashes them. Massive Souf's pack and they were tackled out of it. MR I is as clued up as Maxwell Smart. His opinion isn't worth space. Let him dream because the results from now on it will only be dreams where he will get any joy.

Agree the Ugly was definitely the weather. The Bad for the night was the players rushing back to the sheds after the game without acknowledging our presence. Normally they show their thanks for our support but last night wouldn't even look our way. Having said that, I forgave them in view of the dreadful weather and understandably wanting to get inside.

Great read. Only thing I disagree with is that Sterlo did a good job filling in for Rabs. He was very ordinary IMO.

I can't remember a game where a "12 point breeze" actually delivered the 12 points. The strenght of the wind on fiday night actually seemed to hamper the team running with it. Souths had better field position in the 1st half, and we had better field position in the 2nd half. I think this shows that there are other aspects of play that are more important than the breeze.

And when it's a gale, it's best to play percentage football.

All this talk in the media and from the commentators of souffs playing poorly is an irritation. They played as well as we allowed them to play, and on watching the replay I think they were pretty strong in patches.

We made some errors in the first half because of the atrocious conditions. Once we adjusted to the conditions we were very very good in all aspects of the game.

I give full credit to our boys, the signs are very very good.

Trex "Once again looked like the labrador who's not sure whether to play, sit or watch"....that a brilliant and very accurate summary!

Re the commentary: I thought they massively underplayed the strength of Manly's performance - which is not unusual. Gould couldn't seem to get past the fact that they dropped a few balls in the first 20 - the weather didn't seem to come into for him, of the fact that some of the mistakes were because we were trying lots of stuff in attack.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8