The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly report - rd 17 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

After a season draining 2/8 wins, the return to the fortress against the wooden spooners called for nothing less than a belting, and it came in more ways than one.

by CF2

Read the full article

Dan said:

After a season draining 2/8 wins, the return to the fortress against the wooden spooners called for nothing less than a belting, and it came in more ways than one.

by CF2

Read the full article
Another top report on a truly top night. Yes, Parra were dreadful, directionless and massively ill disciplined but how good was it to see us put them to the sword. I especially loved how we turned up the heat to blistering hot after that mindless Allgood clown hit Matai. These refs are as clueless as Parra. As CF2 says how do you get sent off? Kill someone? It's way beyond a joke. Excellent win. A season turning result I reckon. Keep in mind what we did when ultra motivated after the Matai king hit. That's a glimpse of how good we really are imo.

I tell you what I'd be dirty as hell at Snake if I was Kitey or BJ. If he is dishing off gift tries surely those two deserve one ahead of a poncy back like Foran. Two big front rowers busting their guts all season so the hair combers can do their stuff out wide and that's how he rewards them ? Foran can score his own tries, Brent and Brenton need all the help they can get to get off their duck.

small correction

"And there's more. Then had the temerity to give Matai the finger when he left the field"

it was actually stevie who gave him the finger once he got marched.. allgood responded to it with the 'thumbs up' on his way off.

Chip and Chase said:
I tell you what I'd be dirty as hell at Snake if I was Kitey or BJ. If he is dishing off gift tries surely those two deserve one ahead of a poncy back like Foran. Two big front rowers busting their guts all season so the hair combers can do their stuff out wide and that's how he rewards them ? Foran can score his own tries, Brent and Brenton need all the help they can get to get off their duck.
Backs are just footballers groupies right?

Jamie Lyon: Typical clinical display never put a foot wrong, and despite two earlier misses kicked some lovely goals for a personal tally of 16 that exceded the entire Parra scoresheet.

Why was Parra targeting our right hand defence. Were they scared of Matai or did they think Wolfie was going to have a bad game?

Jamie was the one having a bad game. Ok he scored a try and was our kicker but his defence was woeful. I hope he was having a bad night but he poorly missed tackles three times and Parra capitalised on each time. Last week's game against Rooters he had the same misfortunes; either mis-tackled or they got away on him.
Is he carrying a few extra pounds as well? (May as well sink the boot right in since he is our Captain & will remain for another 3 years!)

As the guys on TripleM said, who in the Parramatta team would make it into Manly's first grade team? Jarrod Hayne and that's it. They've got no cattle, simple.

A good win, sure. I'd like to see that sort of attack against a top 4 team before getting too excited. Great to see Brett back - like having another half/five eighth. He was everywhere.

Eagles Terrorist said:
As the guys on TripleM said, who in the Parramatta team would make it into Manly's first grade team? Jarrod Hayne and that's it. They've got no cattle, simple.

Lyon, Williams, Horo, and Buhrer are four that come to mind. Lussick would be a chance as well.

Chip and Chase said:
Eagles Terrorist said:

Lyon, Williams, Horo, and Buhrer are four that come to mind. Lussick would be a chance as well.

If they played for Parra (like they used to), sure. Lussick, no chance, that's why he was let go

Who would make our 17?
Lussick - he's proven that.
Harrison - also played in our top team
Tim Mannah and possibly Mitchell Allgood
All four would get a run at some stage during the season if they were with Manly.
Also Jacob Loko would be used when there was a replacement needed for a backline position.

The Who said:
Who would make our 17?
All four would get a run at some stage during the season if they were with Manly.
Also Jacob Loko would be used when there was a replacement needed for a backline position.

It'd be funny to see Allgood and Matai on the same team

lismore_fan said:
Jamie Lyon: Typical clinical display never put a foot wrong, and despite two earlier misses kicked some lovely goals for a personal tally of 16 that exceded the entire Parra scoresheet.

Why was Parra targeting our right hand defence. Were they scared of Matai or did they think Wolfie was going to have a bad game?

Jamie was the one having a bad game. Ok he scored a try and was our kicker but his defence was woeful. I hope he was having a bad night but he poorly missed tackles three times and Parra capitalised on each time. Last week's game against Rooters he had the same misfortunes; either mis-tackled or they got away on him.
Is he carrying a few extra pounds as well? (May as well sink the boot right in since he is our Captain & will remain for another 3 years!)

Not wanting to put too much of a downer on the Wolfman but I actually think he made a few very ordinary reads in defence. He's done that alot this year. I know its fashionable for wingers to come in to put a shot on, but it shouldn't be automatic like it seems to be for Wolfy. He is doing it from too deep, giving the ball player plenty of time to see him coming making either the pass around the back or hitting his winger an easy decision to make and to execute. He is also doing it when our line isn't under any pressure. As I said though, not wanting to put too much of a downer on easily his best game for quite some time. I just hope he takes the form into the back half of the season.

It was a pleasant evening that's for sure.

But lets not get ahead of ourselves. I'm sure the players wont be.
We beat the wooden spooners.

For part of the match they had 12 doing the defending.

Before they even came out on to the ground they had already decided not to tackle effectively. It showed. So we scored soft tries. This is the reality.

We played well, but not great. The tries they scored (2) they shouldn't have.
We have the return of Richie F to look forward to and if Rose is injured, he'll be doing significant minutes in QLD.

Against the cowboys: Go Manly. Do it again.

Masked eagle, I've notice Wolfie doing a Merritt as well. Matai used to shoot out of the line but doesn't do that anymore to the same degree. Wolfie had a terrificgame last night though. His runs we're strong and direct. All good.

The Who said:
Who would make our 17?

Pat O'Hanlon impressed me last night, I wouldn't mind if we picked him up for next season

Kiwi Eagle said:
The Who said:
Who would make our 17?

Pat O'Hanlon impressed me last night, I wouldn't mind if we picked him up for next season

He's got potential and he's still young enough to have the Parramatta coached out of him!

I agree re OHanlan.Had some big wraps 2 years ago but something happened to his progress.Im not sure about the wraps on Hasson being thrown around.He has gone ok but hasn't shown me that he will be a definite regular first grader just yet.

I agree about the right-side defence...Gleddybear is just too easy to get outside of and often Lyon prefers to play hand slaps with the ball carrier rather than just take out his pins (what is this modern obsession with needing to tackle high regardless of the situation? Sometimes it's just an insane option - see Inglis and his trail of debris). Wolfie's made some howling defensive misreads this year.
You never know what you're gonna get with Bjorn, he scored one he shouldn't have and then botched another he should have. Why didn't he stretch out if not at least dive for the corner? Glory hunting twit.

I disagree about Foran's donation complements of B.Stewart. It was well deserved in my view (although a completely unnecessary gesture fraught with all sorts of danger and potential ignominy. Our try-scoring machine, our prince of points, already well and truly over the try-line and in open space....what if Kieran had been looking up at the Brookie crowd, drinking-in the jubilation of 11,000 happy faces that he himself had been largely responsible for? Then what? Immortalised in a vapid Youtube "fail" compilation?) . If there's a Manly player that plays with as much passion, gives 110% every single week and is everywhere all the time like flash ****ing Gordon, ready to put his body on the line, ready to die for our pleasure - please state his or hers or its name/serial number for the record....plus a special plaque hand scrimshawed on the tooth of a Megalosaurus from me to them....somehow (I'll credit Horo with a nearish second).

Jorge (The Flu) Taufua (how good is he?) vs Will (I'm unfortunately) Hopoate (how good was he?).....hmmm?

MATAI:mad: VS ALLGOOD:s
The rematch!
Saturday the 3rd of August 5:30pm
Will S.MATAI get the thumbs up or will ALLGOOD go to pieces faster than a leper in a wind tunnel?

Ding Dong

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4