The Good, the Bad and the Ugly report - Rd 12 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cf2 is back

Reserve Grader

An important post origin game at the foot of the mountains was a great opportunity to make it 8/12 wins and cement a solid table position, but losing Keiran Foran and Jason King before kick off was not a great start to the afternoon.

Read the full article

Good rational and intelligent match assessment which is good because I sunk into a dark place because I hate losing. More to the point I hate losing to sides we should dispose of with relative ease. Our attitude does seem to be poor when we face so called poorer sides, eels, titans, etc. And as you point out we were down on forwards. Onto the Saints.

Good report. Except it was also a poor game for Brett. Should have went for that ball instead of Whare in the in goal that the panthers scored from. Plus some other poor positional plays. Good under the high ball though.

Origin sucks it out of those who played. We also had a very physical game against the Roosters in which our pack stood up. Today, they found it hard to do so.

I thought we were okay in the first 25 mins but struggled after that.

Hopefully we can turn it around for Friday against St Choke!

Thanks cf2, a balanced report which was probably a tad kind to our players but no point laying the boot in when we were far from full strength/fresh.

Thought Smokin Joe was our best with limited game time. 9 hit ups in 30 minutes is great going. All quality hit ups as well. It's time for Kite to move to the bench and play limited minutes IMO.

Kite more worried about playing first reciever and doing run arounds, than hitting the ball up. Just can't provide the punch we need early in games.

Also thought Georgie Rose played well.I'd start with King and Smokin Joe, with Kite,Rose off the bench.

Can't remember a game where both Killer and Bretty drop the ball when a try is on offer :(

Kitey has to stop forcing the 'Hail Mary' passes.

And George's lack of dexterity was shown up on too many occasions.
He needs to be held accountable for his fitness ASAP:-/

Matty was relentless and Joe G has found new vigour in 2012, he needs more game time to shine :idea:

Why oh why don't we consistently run towards the opposition tryline :huh:
The crabbing is easy pickings for the other side and boring to watch.
Taufua even went sideways from picking up the ball in his in goal yesterday - heart attack stuff :mad:

The lack of straight running by the forwards is due to laziness. They dont want to do the hard yards to earn the right to spin the ball wide in attack. Quick play the balls, rolling meters from straight hard running were all missing and have been in a lot of our games this year. They are playing extravagantly spinning tho ball wide when they haven't done to tough stuff first. They are trying to take the easy option against lesser teams and it is failing miserably. This is an attitude and it becomes a disease for a team that expects to win every game but isn't prepared to commit to pain and torture that comes with winning NRL games. They can turn it around but it starts NOW not in 2 weeks or 4 weeks or after origin but now. Are they prepared to push through the pain barrier that it takes to win a premiership ? When you have climbed the highest mountain and you have given every step in pain and endurance just how many more times are they prepared to do it again.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2