The Good, the Bad and the Ugly report - Rd 1 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree with almost everything, except when it comes to the bench. I think Mauro is very dependable. I can't remember him dropping a ball or conceding a penalty in any match he's played. He is a good 'stopper', and you know what you are getting. I'm quite happy seeing him selected every week in that 'safe hands' role.

Yeah great write up. Mauro isn't flashy but he has to be the most reliable bench player we have seen in a while. He just carts the ball forward and makes tackles. Really he is there to fill holes and give others a rest he does that perfectly

Big George was left wanting at times.....he has stacked it on and doesnt look at all "fit" like the rest of the guys....

I thought the score didn't do us justice.

I actually thought we were in control from the get go.

We looked fit, and played 80 minutes.

The passion still looks like it's there.

I thought Ballin's 10 minutes was a joke. In some instances, that player may have stood up, and attempted to play on.

Buhrer is an outstanding player. I'm glad The Roosters missed out on him.

I thought Kite, Buhrer, Choc, T-Rex and Gifty were our stand out forwards.

Make no mistake, a win in round one vs. New Zealand in NZ, coming off a GF defeat to us, with a New Coach is pretty big.

Choc really looks like a leader now. Almost as though he may dominate again this year.

The tries that were all scored against us were lucky. Dropped balls, mis-queued passes etc.

Donny Singe has the boys looking fit in my opinion.

Lussick didn't do anything great. Not $270k great by any means. He was on par with Robinson and Mauro in my opinion.

Hope the injuries aren't too bad.

I think if we don't believe the hype of those News Limited scums, and stick solid together, we might have a pretty good season. There were some very encouraging signs.

As The Kiwi's commentators said, we look like a different team than a Des Hasler side, and it looks as though Tooves is putting his foot-print on the team.

I would LOVE for us to sure up the defence a bit, but again guys, extremely solid game, that was more like a 26-6 win form mine.

Agree Ryan...Imagine if we had conditions in England that allowed us to play the footy we did today....We would have flogged Leeds....This was a very good performance.

I thought Buhrer at hooker while Ballin was in the bin showed exactly what Ballins game lacks to take him to the next level, a quality runnning game out of dummy half.

If was at the start of 2010 season we would of lost that game.

We have come along way.

With all the pre-season hype we came to play and played LIKE PREMIERS.
For me, that's the beginning and the end of the post match summaries.
We are fit, we have combos clearly developing, we have stars all across the park and what I REALLY love is Toovey seems to have us playing a more attacking game whilst not giving away our trademark D.
Hey Des - what do you reckon?
Frankly I don't give a stuff.

That was an incredible game today. Just watched the replay. the pace and toughness of the game was almost the equal of the grand final. It was one of the most exhilarating games I have seen I cant believe the fitness and skill in these 2 sides particularly Manly it was most impressive. These 2 teams are top quality and by far the most impressive of any teams this weekend. The signs are looking good we have the fitness,skill and toughness to beat any team.

Massively agree mickqld. Awesome display and reckon you're spot on - it was the game of the round played by arguably the top two teams in the comp. If we stay pretty much injury free, which is a very big ask, the 2 teams in the GF could well be a repeat of 2011. With a massive Manly win of course.

Yeah Baz the only downer was Matai injury ohh and the useless Panthers capitulating to Des's scumdogs.

Panthers were all over the scummy dogs. Des was super lucky.
It's very reassuring to see that Des has had ZERO influence on Ennis. He is an ever bigger tool/log/wanker than last year.

Ennis is the hooker and captain but he got benched didnt he. What a joke surely he cant be serious about Ennis being captain. Anyway who cares ****'em I hope they choke on their own vomit the lot of them.

The core of our side killer, choc, snake all did well, thought wolfy super impressive shows what he brings to team. Kite was my mom, this bloke reliable now played 234 grade games. Lussick to me does not show a 275k player sorry but king, kite and joe all have experience and mongrel on him. The bench needs a little more impact.

Injuries a concern, while I would love to see whare given a go I still have images of tamatese treated him like a rag doll in 2010 on gc I hope he has bulked up since then. If gifty is out as well then by buhrer to lock and whare to the centres.
The boys across the ditch really why is vatuvai left on the wing put in the forwards.

Yes you're right Utility not sure what's happened there with the formatting those two paragraphs are accidentally in the wrong order. Cheers tho.

cf2 is back said:
Yes you're right Utility not sure what's happened there with the formatting those two paragraphs are accidentally in the wrong order. Cheers tho.
I'll fix that in the morning

Great match report . Great win from a Great team and Great game plan by the Great 2V . Isn't it Great to be a Manly Supporter

Was there ever any doubt we'd be up for this game and win it? Not in my mind.

Why the bookies had Warriors as favourites defied any logic.

1. Virtually the same team as the GF.
2. A really big and positive game in the UK - our Round 1 if you ask me. 3. We'd beaten Warriors in the last meeting.
4. A fast track

Having said that, how good is the Warriors halfback and how good is it to watch footy on a Sunday afternoon?

I think the game against the Tigers will be harder to win.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4