The Good, the Bad and the Ugly report - 2012 Roundd 2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cf2 is back

Reserve Grader
A short week, two big injury blows with Matai and Glenn Stewart out for 5-6 weeks, Foran limping, and above all the even more devastating news of Brett’s likely departure. Not exactly the greatest preparation to face up to Benji’s babies.

Read the full article

Really liked this bit

Foran fed the runaway mac truck T-Rex on a demolition run to the try line, literally obliterating the defence to cementing what seemed like a one way 22-8 (or more) win.
:D

I know we cant keep all the off contract players. But seriously the half's are numbers 1 and 2 retention and in my mind Brett Stewart is a close no. 3. Im starting to get the feeling Manly will sacrifice Lussick and Rose to keep the above 3. Dont see forward depth as an issue when look at last nights game and see how well the boys covered Gifty. Hopefully we can keep everyone we want. Great effort last night, showing true champion qualities to hang in and not get blown away just before half time.

letting lussick off big time definatly in the ugly this week. His 2 errors in repeat sets gifted the tigers their try and momentum in the first half

Great report. Analysis of Darcy Lussick is spot on. If he wants the big bucks he will have to show far more aptitude. Think he should stay at Manly for lesser dollars and finish is apprenticeship. Then demand the dollars he wants. T-Rex understood that. And he is far better player for it.

Great report CF2 thanks.

George absence does seems a bit odd after being permanent bench man up until now but he did look big in the WCC game! But good to know he and Joe G up our sleeve esp if any more injuries.

Loved the DCE and T Rex try descriptions.

And yes I was one of those supporters who had ZERO chance of getting up the F3 in time after work how does Ray Warren/Gould not realise that when they're sitting there wondering why the lower crowd. So obvious!

Oldfield just needs to get involved more - and in fairness have the ball come his way more - last night seemed like all right side attack with DCE and Lyon feeding the Wolf.

Surely when Oldfield does get more ball he will show the ability we all saw last year.

Did Whare get much ball either? I barely noticed him.

Brilliant report and a brilliant performance. DCE - what do we say? Lyon amazing. And great to see Kite really powering it up the middle again. Agree with Cf2 Ray Warren point re Manly fans missing. Me and many others have zero chance work wise of getting to the game on Friday night.
So much for the travel hampering us. No sign of that in the first two wins of 2012.

After watching the game last night I really think the main 3 we have to lock up first are DCE, T-REX and Foran.

swoop said:
After watching the game last night I really think the main 3 we have to lock up first are DCE, T-REX and Foran.

Absolutely agreed. DCE, for one, is a once a generation talent in my book, Foran is just class and guts personified and T-Rex.... Just wow!!

T-Rex deserves a $100k bonus just for making Farah look like the useless, over rated tool he is.

My 2c :)

The Good was we were just too Good. The Ugly was the way Farah looked after the T Rex trampled over the top of him . LOL

I agree DCE, Foran and T-Rex are the top priorities, but i know bugger all so whatever the club does, whatever the player decides, i'm just gonna have to cop it and keep watching.

Back to the game, it's understandable to have a new centre/wing combination not see much ball. Oldfield's miss at knocking the ball dead was unfortunate but i hope he keeps at it and one day soon he'll step up bigtime. We've been used to the same combos for ages, and now it's totally fresh, for at least the next 5 weeks.

I'm saying these things so i can stay calm and keep the blood pressure down. Nice and calm....

bob dylan said:
Don't ever under sell the Stewart's Watmough and Ballin.
I never underestemate them, Ballin is a champion who doesn't seem to get the plaudits he deserves, Choc imo will be a one club man, the Stewart's are great but if we need to relieve some pressure on the cap then Lussick and Brett might price themselves out of our reach, Glen is still contracted for another year. I think the halves and T-rex are our priority atm.

The tigers were rushing up on foran to nullify his tricky ball play (as the commentators noted), so the outside backs on the left side didn't see too much. Plus it's where T-Rex predates and he was Foran's main option in the game over that side. Feed the T-Rex is an ok plan imho, while the newbies get more comfortable.

re. priorities (ignoring immediate concerns): DCE, Foran, The Stewarts, T-Rex, Watmough, Ballin, Lyon. Spine, grunt, class, and sharp end. Proven champions. Early and mid career here, with the stewarts, Lyon and watmough probably another 3 seasons at nrl level (barring injuries etc).

Matai, King, Kite, are closer to late career phase (by their expiry dates). Matai probably got the most years left in his legs if the rest of him hasn't fused into a huge arthritic mass. But this group would have a couple of seasons left at most I would think in the nrl.

so I can't see how lussick can be a priority at this stage to the detriment of the people needing to be signed up soon in group 1 above. I can't blame any rl player trying to make hay while the sun shines, so I just hope he sees the longer term sense in 'sticking to a good thing' when the clubs with no decent juniors come with their chequebooks and his player agent sees a fat commission.

I work in Gosford and had to go for a walk up the street to the post office at roughly 3pm on Friday. I couldn't believe the amount of Tigers supporters around the place. It didn't hit me until I got back in the office and sat down at my desk. I thought to myself, where are all the Manly supporters?
Still at work because they have jobs!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6