The good old thug approach-what a waste of time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
CLIT COMMANDER said:
I think Stuart's strategy is sound with this team. There will be no razzle dazzle; the only way to win is to restrict the Qlders scoring.

He will attempt to emulate St George's style of play; kick for field position, tackle and grind em down.

You've got to start somewhere.

Agree with that, we have tried to play Queensland at their game for the last 5 years and where has it got us.....zero from five!!

I am not a huge Ricky Stuart fan BUT I can see what his plan is...and you never know it "might" actually work

Matabele said:
Look at the Queensland 1,6,7,9 spine. They have ben together in Queensland and Australia for 6 years now.

Dugan has not played with Soward or Pearce ever. Soward has played one or two games with Pearce. Ennis has had maybe one game with Dugan. NSW are jolly lucky Inglis and Hodges are out as it eens it up a little bit.

BUT they have to start somewhere....this team will need to be together for say 4 or 5 SOO games before they will click on, and in that time the Toads will have lost Seventy Cents, Lockyer and some of the current cream of the crop will be starting to get longer in the tooth.

I look at Stuarts job as creating a team that can instigate a dynasty such as the Toads have done, and this is going to take a couple of years.

The hope is we are competitive....the desire should be that we are creating a team of the future.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Matabele said:
Look at the Queensland 1,6,7,9 spine. They have ben together in Queensland and Australia for 6 years now.

Dugan has not played with Soward or Pearce ever. Soward has played one or two games with Pearce. Ennis has had maybe one game with Dugan. NSW are jolly lucky Inglis and Hodges are out as it eens it up a little bit.

BUT they have to start somewhere....this team will need to be together for say 4 or 5 SOO games before they will click on, and in that time the Toads will have lost Seventy Cents, Lockyer and some of the current cream of the crop will be starting to get longer in the tooth.

I look at Stuarts job as creating a team that can instigate a dynasty such as the Toads have done, and this is going to take a couple of years.

The hope is we are competitive....the desire should be that we are creating a team of the future.

My comments are about this year. Stuart does have to start somewhere, but this development of a spine will take time as you suggest, and on past form NSW will cut it off before it reaches fruition because they are impatient for success.

By contrast, Queensland's succession for spine transition is already well underway. Thurston is will graduate to the famous 6 jumper, Cronk to halfback. This is partly why I am confident DCE will play origin with 4-5 years as he is already being groomed as one of the possible back-ups for Thurston/Cronk. Boyd is back-up to Slater. Hooker is the one area where Queensland are thin at the moment. If Ballin is their #2, well Ballin has been solid but not spectacular this year.

Matabele said:
My comments are about this year. Stuart does have to start somewhere, but this development of a spine will take time as you suggest, and on past form NSW will cut it off before it reaches fruition because they are impatient for success.

By contrast, Queensland's succession for spine transition is already well underway. Thurston is will graduate to the famous 6 jumper, Cronk to halfback. This is partly why I am confident DCE will play origin with 4-5 years as he is already being groomed as one of the possible back-ups for Thurston/Cronk. Boyd is back-up to Slater. Hooker is the one area where Queensland are thin at the moment. If Ballin is their #2, well Ballin has been solid but not spectacular this year.

I'd agree with that, our most important players 1, 6,7 and 9 have been disjointed for quite some time...and it shows.

BUT hopefully NSW will have learnt from the past......I actually expect (and sadly will be there to see it happen) NSW to get a bit of a football lesson on Wednesday night. IF they do then just wait for the NSW media to tear them apart. BUT Stuart and co have to stay strong and stick with this team...I imagine if Tom Lea Roy Lars (is that correct) is fit at some stage then he would come in (maybe) but for gods sake NSW regardless of the result stick with the players....it may take two years, and it may even take three but changing the players every single match will just continue the rot for years to come!!

I don't mind a bit of thuggery and biff in origin. The scary thing is, what has happened to all the good halfbacks? Are they all QLDers lol? Doesn't seem to be a hell of alot of them out there

hayne , dugan, soward , mullen, all a much of muchness for me. No one stands out that much more than the other. I dont mind the side. What i do like is they have picked a footy team, forwards to do a forwards job and backs to score points

For too long NSW has seen a weakness in the halves as a need to include ball playing backrowers to do half the job, screwing with the team with limited prep time

Forwards will tackle , run hard and keep the team in the game long enough to give some genuine try scorers with pace the opportunity to do there job

The halves have to demand the ball, and do something with it giving them and there backline the best chance to get the job done. This is not your typical NSW team , it has dallas johson type players and they arnt considering trying to stop qld backs as much as outscoring them

Go the blues and suck **** qld, gonna get done twice in 2 days, ............I hope

jbb/james said:
hayne , dugan, soward , mullen, all a much of muchness for me. No one stands out that much more than the other. I don't mind the side. What i do like is they have picked a footy team, forwards to do a forwards job and backs to score points

For too long NSW has seen a weakness in the halves as a need to include ball playing backrowers to do half the job, screwing with the team with limited prep time

Forwards will tackle , run hard and keep the team in the game long enough to give some genuine try scorers with pace the opportunity to do there job

The halves have to demand the ball, and do something with it giving them and there backline the best chance to get the job done. This is not your typical NSW team , it has dallas johson type players and they aren't considering trying to stop qld backs as much as outscoring them

Go the blues and suck s**t qld, gonna get done twice in 2 days, ............I hope

Well at least hopefully the second game next week. :)

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4