The Good News Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The good news is we have a team to support

As a Souths supporter said to me this morning we will rebuild and will be back in a few years that is the strength of our club- he also says he was surprised we have lasted so long at the top but credits that's to our club culture and coach 2v's

Yes this season is gone and yes we are in for some lean years but it is not going to stop us suporting this team that we all love.

The boys need us more than ever over the next 2 weeks so get down to Brookvale starting Saturday and cheer your mighty manly !!

Last edited:
Today I won my first snowboard race, which gave me enough points to be the overall champ in the club.
There's my good news. :)

Ta dah!

Trophy!!! (it's snowboard shaped) with a couple of medals from the season (and by medals I mean it is a container of ski wax - which is very handy, and smells like pineapple)

2Mj4rWa.jpg

Ta dah!

Trophy!!! (it's snowboard shaped) with a couple of medals from the season (and by medals I mean it is a container of ski wax - which is very handy, and smells like pineapple)

2Mj4rWa.jpg
Well done Mr Global :clap:. You obviously were not feeling the :h:, so here is a list of congratulatory remarks that might assist:
  • Wow, look at the size of your 'board', must be at least 6 inches.....from the ground @:rolleyes:
  • Oh my goodness, you are like so amazing mkay :emo:
  • It doesn't matter you were only one of two entrants....ok, so the second was an 86yr old granny from the Windies who's watched Cool Runnings a few too many times, but still:giggle:
  • When you're sliding down that mountain, you look as graceful as Peter Peter's inhaling a Four 'n Twenty :sick:
  • Woa dude....you like totally nailed that rear-entry...err re-entry :whew:
Please consume the above list with a grain of salt and two teaspoons of cement :)

Good news, Clarkie Is back in the cricket, out now but looked real good whilst he was there .

Some not so good news, Watsons in!!

But the real good news is Maxwell is hitting them out of the park!!

Come on AUSSIES

Good news! There's another cyclone forming 650km north east of Cairns! Should be a cyclone by Thursday!!! :rofl:

OH!, ummmm.......actually @:( @:oops: :sweating:

How good was it seeing Bangladesh knocking out the Pommies in the cricket, I mean Bangladesh hardly being one of the " big names ".

Just great to see their players and supporters last night celebrate the win!!

How good was it seeing Bangladesh knocking out the Pommies in the cricket, I mean Bangladesh hardly being one of the " big names ".

Just great to see their players and supporters last night celebrate the win!!

Didn't see it but got just as big a buzz reading about it this morning. Will watch the hr long highlights when on tv here.

Didn't see it but got just as big a buzz reading about it this morning. Will watch the hr long highlights when on tv here.
They are a young side, without one single superstar , some are saying it's the little countries greatest ever sporting achievement.

• Article rank
  • 18 Mar 2015
  • Manly Daily
  • Beverley Hudec
Good sports unite to raise $40,000 for Roki

From page 04 THE community dug deep for disabled Newport boy Roki Mills.

getimage.aspx
Picture: TROY SNOOKSea Eagles Daly Cherry-Evans and Matt Ballin with the parents of Roki Mills, Ina and Dave, at the charity auction in Collaroy on Monday night.
Monday night’s Auction 4 Roki raised approximately $40,000. The Mills family has been overwhelmed by ongoing support.

“There was such a feelgood atmosphere on the night and everyone has been so generous to us,” Ina Mills said.

“It was so lovely to meet so many people and thank them all.”

Former Sea Eagles prop Mark Bryant, chairman of the Golden Eagles old boys association, organised the fundraiser at the Collaroy Hotel.

As well as sporting memorabilia, guests had an opportunity to bid on the night’s big ticket item, the redesigned $9000 diamond and ruby ring, which was stolen from the family in February.

The ring had a new owner, Mrs Mills said.

“It was bought over the phone for $10,500 as a 60th wedding anniversary gift,” she said.

“The new owners want to remain anonymous, but they have been following Roki’s story closely and wanted something unique.”

Roki was oxygen-starved at birth and has been undergoing radical stem therapy treatment in India.

Proceeds will cover the family’s next trip to India and physiotherapy.
:angel:

On foxsports just now

BALLIN A SEA EAGLE FOR LIFE

THEY may have lost Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran for next season but Manly are set to receive a major boost with the re-signing of veteran hooker Matt Ballin for the next two years.

The 31-year-old is poised to become a Sea Eagle for life, with his new deal to tie him to the club until the end of 2017.

“Nearly formally done with all the negotiations,” Ballin told Foxsports.com.au.

“That’s a good sign for us and I’m really happy but still just working through a few little things, hopefully it will be done soon. I think I have at least two years.”

Having re-signed Steve Matai for a further two-years at the start of the season, Ballin’s signature will be a timely boost for the club.

644426-b1d8b84a-cdeb-11e4-9626-5d9793fb55e0.jpg

Matt Ballin during Manly training. Source: News Corp Australia

Ballin will be 33 at the completion of his new deal but despite his age, the former Queensland Origin hooker is confident his body is up to the challenge.

“As you age you learn to manage your body a bit better,” he said.

“Our trainers are really aware of the players and how they play on the field and modifying their training to that. We have a great medical staff.”

Despite the Sea Eagles being linked to Brisbane hooker Andrew McCullough for next season, Fox Sports understands the club is also close to extending the deal of Ballin’s back-up hooker Jayden Hodges.

According to Ballin, the 21-year-old is the ideal replacement for him and he has begun mentoring him for the role so Hodges is ready come the time Ballin retires.

“He is a great young player,” Ballin said of Hodges.

“He is 21 and still has some time to physically mature and develop his game. I debuted when I was 23 but I think in the long run that has been great for me. I have played a heap of games consecutively and taking a bit of extra time to let your body form and learn the game at that higher level was real good for me and the same goes for him. He is a great young player and fits into the club perfectly.”

646478-b58b7676-cdeb-11e4-9626-5d9793fb55e0.jpg

Manly's Daly Cherry-Evans and Matt Ballin. Source: News Corp Australia

While the club has lost Foran and Cherry-Evans to the Eels and Titans respectively, Ballin said it was a positive for everyone at the club that the star halves have made their decisions and now they can put all their focus into playing football.

“So two guys can say, ‘OK, it’s all over with and announced, the pressure is off us a little bit and we can just go and do what we do best’,” Ballin said.

“The other players have always been supportive of whatever they have wanted to do. Now that those two have announced it, they can move forward and play footy.”

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7