The Golden boots Golden F*ck up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The 1st try of the match summed up where Slater is at as a footballer, Good, but arrogant and selfish

The player with football smarts, after making the break, would know how fast Hohaia is, draw him, and pass to 1 of the support men. What does Billy do ? Goes for the golry, solo play and was extremely lucky not to blow the try completely

Kiwi Eagle link said:
The 1st try of the match summed up where Slater is at as a footballer, Good, but arrogant and selfish

The player with football smarts, after making the break, would know how fast Hohaia is, draw him, and pass to 1 of the support men. What does Billy do ? Goes for the golry, solo play and was extremely lucky not to blow the try completely
Totally agree with that. He nearly blew the try going for himself rather than looking for the easy ball and the draw and pass.

Absolutely - the only thing that saved that try for Aus was that Vatuvei got a touch to it, which helped Lockyer - who showed good hands to control it as well.

Slater did brilliantly to get into that position, but it was a selfish move not to offload the ball to Locky as he neared the fullback. Locky would've scored under the posts. Great player though, and more often than not those plays come off (I can remember two in particular from the Storm's game at Brookie this year....)

Compare that move with that of Robbo in giving it to Beaver in the GF or Snake flicking it to Bell. On both occasions there was the chance for a try but both made it certain by promoting it to someone else.

And thats why the eagles are a champion team, not a team of champions.

I'd rather we had a big fat 0 players in the aussie squad or that joke of an international team of the year, than have all the "great" players Melb do and still get beat 40-0 in a grand final.

Slater's a grub and I hope he learns a lesson from losing our country the World Cup

clontaago link said:
And thats why the eagles are a champion team, not a team of champions.

I'd rather we had a big fat 0 players in the aussie squad or that joke of an international team of the year, than have all the \"great\" players Melb do and still get beat 40-0 in a grand final.

Slater's a grub and I hope he learns a lesson from losing our country the World Cup

Agree, how they melbourne players can stand there and take all the Golden Boots awards etc after getting flogged 40 to 0 in the grand final is beyond me

i actually blame the whole team.... it is a team game.... Thurston and Lockyer should have tried harder to get inglis in the game, there is no denying his talent but if he gets hit big once the worlds best "five-eighth" goes missing. the forward pack was average, stewart seemed to be loving runnning off thurston early on and they looked good...

While writing this my nephew decided to piss on me and my laptop... i am bailing..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4