1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Global Reach of the Manly Brand

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Bradza, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +497 / 6
    Did anyone stay up and watch the British Open golf last night? Immediately behind the first tee there was a bloke in a Manly jersey. He was in a prime spot so every time a new pairing teed off he was on camera.

Good work son! Does anyone know of someone travelling over there at the moment?

It was a shame that Matt Goggin couldn’t hold on but at least the cricketers did (for the time being). It’s gonna be a long afternoon……..
    :-\

2. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Yep, saw it. Great to see.

3. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    There are plenty of ex Manly players over there, may have been Beaver he loves his golf.

4. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I have the front page of the Telegraph on my fridge with this huge picture of the Swans winning their premiership way back when.  Standing to the left of the boys is a guy in full Manly strip.  The headline says HEROS, I've blanked out the S and drawn an arrow to the Manly guy.  A true hero, alone amongst the fools who think their game is superior..

5. ChuckWood

ChuckWood Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I know the picture your are referring to DSM5. I work casually at the SCG & SFS and in the upper level of the Members Area (M.A Noble Stand) there is a massive print of that particular scene. The guy in the Manly jersey is very prominent.Always brings a smile to my face..........

6. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DSM5 Gold mate can you post it here ?

7. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I went to two AFL games over the weekend in Melbourne and made sure I wore a very distinctive Manly tracksuit top!!!

8. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I saw a Manly tshirt on a native kid in a documentary exploring the upper reaches of the Amazon. Not quite Real Madrid, but a global brand all the same.