The Glass is Half-Full

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
*Crush the Sharks this week, putting 20 on them. The boys will be hi5'ing.
*Our backline have a chance to get a slick game under their belts before the Souths game (ie a game where backline plays result in many tries)
*Choccy (and others) get to redeem himself before Souths the following week = his confidence will be sky high for Souths.

We got this guys. If we play with the intensity we had against the Roosters we will put 30 on the Sharkies, not 20. There are positives in playing a game this week!

No way.

If we go in expecting an easier win, or with one eye on next week, we'll suffer the same consequences we did against Penrith. Sharkies will throw everything at us, no risk, and we'll have to be at our best to progress. Just steel yourselves and dig deep, men. It's all down to Friday.

Of course its one week at a time. But Carney will be on one leg, if he even plays. If we have our game faces on, we will nail them.

But the point i wanted to make was that its not all doom and gloom re having to play this week and not having the week off. Getting a solid game with lots of points in prior to the Souths game will be good for us. Our backline will be humming along nicely after putting on a display against the peptide sharky boys

SeaEagleRock8 said:
No way.

If we go in expecting an easier win, or with one eye on next week, we'll suffer the same consequences we did against Penrith. Sharkies will throw everything at us, no risk, and we'll have to be at our best to progress. Just steel yourselves and dig deep, men. It's all down to Friday.

Do you honestly believe manly wanted to win that game against Penrith? I'm amazed if you're answer is yes.

Tougher than last week? Tougher than the Rabbits will be? It's all or nothing this week. And again after that.

If we go as intense as we were against the Roosters, the Sharkies wont be able to go with us. Its that simple imo. They will have some fight im sure, the shire is always good for a last ditch effort, but another thing the shire is good for is always coming close, but not close enough. Its in their dna to not win.

Eagles by 20-30. It will open up in the last 20 minutes. Our backs will murder them

mozgrame said:
Tougher than last week? Tougher than the Rabbits will be? It's all or nothing this week. And again after that.

nothing is tougher than playing the rabbids because they have so many extra players each game, 17 against 23 is always going to be a very tough game to win

Souths fan Shayne Hayne will be doing his best this week to keep us away from his bunnies.

Hayne and Ashley Klein. Could it be worse??

MissKate said:
mozgrame said:

nothing is tougher than playing the rabbids because they have so many extra players each game, 17 against 23 is always going to be a very tough game to win

Haha! Agreed! I'd be happy if they would at least give us the video ref.

To me it's crucial to get in the grind early with the Sharks and post early points. If we can match their forwards our backs will kill them (especially with Carney either out or hopping around).

If we can get that early 12+ point lead I think we will run away with it.

If we don't match them and expect our class to outshine and suddenly we are in an absolute arm wrestle and they go up with a few tries, then it really is game on.

Personally I believe we will win and win well (not huge just well), my only concern is their forward pack is pretty tough, and could effect us in Week 3.

Frogz said:
My glass is empty, whose shout

OK its my shout, BUT...im ordering them in plastic cups instead of glass.

I reckon its going to get ugly around here if we dont win so we need safety measures.

Confident that we will win this Friday. Confident that we would then win next round v Souths, however as the refs seem to be favouring Souths all season, we may bow out (un)gracefully.

All this talk about the souths game is ridiculous. We play the SHARKS this week worry about that and that only.

The glass is full! unless it is in an absolute vacuum it has to be full of something so stop your worry.

Jatz Crackers said:
Frogz said:
My glass is empty, whose shout

OK its my shout, BUT...im ordering them in plastic cups instead of glass.

I reckon its going to get ugly around here if we dont win so we need safety measures.
False teeth are invaluable in a situation like this.
When your glass is empty just drop them in a convenient full glass.
Bingo, you've got yourself another beer.
A mate of mine used to do this.....mind you somebody's probably killed him by now....

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2