The game of Rugby League is ruined

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
I'm one of the biggest Manly supporters there has ever been. I am there watching wherever and whenever they play,was one of the co-ordinators of the "Manly Rally" that assembled when the Northern Eagles collaboration became a real threat. While I don't talk as much as others on this forum I am up there with Berkeley Eagle, Mark from Brisbane, CLIT COMMANDER and everyone else who posts here.

But I can't watch this game any more. The video refereee making decisions is ruining the game and has allowed the refs to exercise theior dominance against teams that have a "reputation" for physical play. Just look at today's game, how many times were there bullwogs taking a dive and the video ref giving them a penalty while they reviewed back while they "recovered". I can't stand this. I have never felt this way about league, I hate watching it now. If they want the video ref to review every play when players take a dive WHAT ABOUT FORWARD PASSES?. Why didn't they review that last forward pass that wasn't in the last minute eh?. And then what does it matter, who do you turn to when the video refs can't make the right decisions anyway (ie Rooster and StGeorge). What about the This just complete bull**** and I can't watch this game any more.

It's to the point now where I do not care about the result of the rabbitohs game. The damage is done by the officials already and I'd rather not see a reserve grade Manly lose by 40 points to Penrith and  taking players away from the Toyota Cup and Sunshine Coast who actually have a chance to do something.

You've got one lost fan here.

NYEagle

Mate, you're obviously a little upset and possibly irrational, but the video ref can't rule on foward passes.

Also, if we stopped smashing blokes on the head, then we would stop giving penalties away. we left the video ref with no choice on at least 3 occasions today.

mave link said:
Also, if we stopped smashing blokes on the head, then we would stop giving penalties away. we left the video ref with no choice on at least 3 occasions today.

I hate the BS diving but your statement is true - had they not been hit high there would have been no problem - the tigers are coached to stay down - it's not in the spirit of the game but unfortunately it does work within the current rules

The game has not been the same since the 2 referees  system came in. we have also been **** since then too. Coincidence........I don't think so.

I'm not going to take it as seriously next year.  This year has sucked with the refereeing blunders, poor administration and dreadful happenings at Manly.  I'll just hang my hat on 2008 and take football a lot less seriously in 2011. 

I feel the same. It's about my 50th season watching RL and there is just so much wrong with the game now.
An earlier reply said the video ref couldn't rule on forward passes. True, and yet another reason why video refs don't work. They are only allowed to rule on certain things. This is lunacy. You have refs to aducitate on everything.
But there are 20-30 serious things wrong with RL, and it is no longer my passion.

I'm more sick of the ill disciplined play from some of these lazy ass Manly players who seem to think it's ok to keep smashing guys in the head, dropping balls, throwing stupid passes, missing simple tackles and giving away dumbass penalties. Also sick of the coaching staff who dont seem to be able to stop these blokes from doing this **** week after week. Am also sick of a club administration who are unable to attract or keep decent players and sponsors.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7