The game day experience

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
T'was a beautiful day yesterday and the chance to watch the once mighty Manly at Brookie like I've done for 50+ years. So, you get there early, secure a decent spot on the Hill, and prepare for the 4pm kick-off. The old fashioned kids relay race was fun - even though they repeated it at half time - but a major irritation for me is the 30-minute warm-up teams do on the ground these days. What a bore.
The time ticks over to 4pm and the teams haven't even left the field.
It was 4.11pm before the 'Riff ran on, and the last sunrays were fading fast. Channel Nein must have had a bumper lot of ads yesterday!
I don't know how many video referrals there were but almost all of them were so obvious in real time that the on-field ref should have ruled on them. That must have wasted a further 15 minutes. And to think, that is the one and only Sunday match we get at Brookie.
Oh how I miss the 3pm Sunday kick-offs when the match still finishes in daylight.

T'was a beautiful day yesterday and the chance to watch the once mighty Manly at Brookie like I've done for 50+ years. So, you get there early, secure a decent spot on the Hill, and prepare for the 4pm kick-off. The old fashioned kids relay race was fun - even though they repeated it at half time - but a major irritation for me is the 30-minute warm-up teams do on the ground these days. What a bore.
The time ticks over to 4pm and the teams haven't even left the field.
It was 4.11pm before the 'Riff ran on, and the last sunrays were fading fast. Channel Nein must have had a bumper lot of ads yesterday!
I don't know how many video referrals there were but almost all of them were so obvious in real time that the on-field ref should have ruled on them. That must have wasted a further 15 minutes. And to think, that is the one and only Sunday match we get at Brookie.
Oh how I miss the 3pm Sunday kick-offs when the match still finishes in daylight.

I feel exactly the same way. Sunday afternoon footy is now sunday night footy.

Its dictacted by tv. Showing all games live. Fox have their game at 2pm and channel 9 and fox show the second game live at 4pm. But ts too late. Sun goes away before 5pm.

And the video ref way overused yesterday. Just get on with it.

To be fair my 7 year old had a great time

He loved the races, the warm up let him the players up close, vid ref kept him interested (is it a try etc) and then at the end we spent 30 minutes kicking a ball with his mates on the ground....just a shame about the result

And then to rub salt into the wound, it took an eternity for the riff players to get off the field from hi-5ing their fans and finally the siren went allowing kids on the field. (By then it was nearly midnight lol) :mad:

Last edited:
The relay races between the junior league teams and face paints were great. The relay wasn't repeated at half time, the other relays earlier were the semis.

The final was at 1st grade half time. I believe the beacon hill bears player that brought home the final leg for the win was bozo's grandson. Narrabeen second, belrose third, followed by Forestville, Avalon and harbord in no particular order. God brothers knocked out in semis.

who was the relay team in the Easts gear ? I remember Erina playing in Easts colours but not a MWDJRFL team.

miss Grant Goldman's mid game comments.. it's all gone a bit Blandly now with the 'make some noise' cue cards instead of the humour he brought.

who was the relay team in the Easts gear ? I remember Erina playing in Easts colours but not a MWDJRFL team.

miss Grant Goldman's mid game comments.. it's all gone a bit Blandly now with the 'make some noise' cue cards instead of the humour he brought.
I hate the make noise requests. I'll make some ****ing noise when I want to not because some ****wit tells me to.

Mona vale.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?assoc=2150&pID=7

I'd hate to play for a club that had another nrl club's colours. Avalon is souths btw, and harbord is saints. It sucks.

Mona vale.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?assoc=2150&pID=7

I'd hate to play for a club that had another nrl club's colours. Avalon is souths btw, and harbord is saints. It sucks.

ok ta. Knew Harbord and Avalon cos they were around when i was a nipper. Beacon Hill Youth Club used to be light blue with a yellow V then went to the Cronulla look jersey with gold instead of the white band. Was quietly cheering them on in the relay.

My favourite experience from yesterday was the restraint I showed my children as a female panthers supporter gave us the finger from her white land cruiser as we drove up warringah rd. We have a manly flag on our car.

At the top of the hill we were alongside her in a rather long traffic jam. We were smiling and waving the whole time.

The video ref is all about " KFC time" and usually not much else.

I imagine Nein would have sat down with the Kentucky mob and promised them so many advertisments so you can bet the refs know they have to refer at least say 3-4 per half.

I feel like chicken tonight......NOT!!!

My favourite experience from yesterday was the restraint I showed my children as a female panthers supporter gave us the finger from her white land cruiser as we drove up warringah rd. We have a manly flag on our car.

At the top of the hill we were alongside her in a rather long traffic jam. We were smiling and waving the whole time.
Obviously stolen. Probably got burnt out near Penrith Plaza.

sitting in the stand yesterday, the volume on the speakers was at full tilt. You couldn't speak to the person next to you!

When does the redevelopment start?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4