The future is in marketing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thehill said:
I was booed and heckled every day as a youngster for being a Manly fan.

It only made my resolve stronger.

If your kid decides to go for the 'popular' team at school, chances are he'll switch teams every 2-3 years as teams fortunes change.

Manly fans rarely change allegiances.

I was booed and heckled every day for 30 years as a norths supporter. Now I am a serial killer.

I know sport differs to most business, however i also know sport doesn't exist without business. Its hard for me to see an benefit from being the most hated brand in any market,

Our brand is our future

Can anyone ever really remember in there lives our brand copping such a flogging. Its been tough for ever but geez it never stops these days

Comes with the territory mate. Think about it, during our Northern eagles days and post that when we couldn't make it into the finale series we no longer had hatred but sympathy.

hatred comes with winning and being sucessfull.

Name the top hated clubs by most fan and they will say:
Manly
Broncos
Storm
recently Dragons

and look how succssfull these teams are (excluding the storms cap cheating, they are still a very competitive).

Lap it up, I would rather have hate than sympathy any day.

If I see someone in an oppositions jersey or hat I always give them a friendly boo! It's all in good fun.
I'm pretty sure the brand will always be strong, the modern day hate for Manly is media driven, bring on the footy season!

jbb/james said:
I'm honestly sick of the hate, and to say we havn't contributed to this mess or cant change is is lunacy. Maybe we could start by saying sorry to the rabbits, wests and the roosters for there stolen generations.

We were successful under the old ARL system, but we hardly invented it. So why should we apologise to those clubs? The suggestion that anybody should apologise to the Roosters is truly bizaare. And Souths really owe us an apology for letting us sign Craig Field. Wests were a decent old club of triers but they don't even exist any more.

There's probably a couple of opposition coaches who would like an apology, after we thrashed their teams and they got sacked as a result. Maybe we could apologise to Israel Folau for making him cry after 40-nil?

Other than that, keep the faith James. We can't control the jealousy and envy of other fans. And do you really think people would start to like us because we 'apologise'. We should never apologise for who we are, which is a club dedicated to striving for success - and fair play. Go Manly.

jbb/james said:
Thehill said:
I was booed and heckled every day as a youngster for being a Manly fan.

It only made my resolve stronger.

If your kid decides to go for the 'popular' team at school, chances are he'll switch teams every 2-3 years as teams fortunes change.

Manly fans rarely change allegiances.

This is GOLD.

I have to presume, you spent the time to read it, missed the point entirely but still however concluded with how great you are compared to a 6yo, who hasn't change teams at all, just faces obstacles, as do all of OUR FUTURE FANS

Sorry must have missed the point. Must have been a good one.

I'm not too sure of the hatred timeline ,maybe different demographies.I went to school at the central coast in the 80's & back then it seemed St George was the team everyone hated ...Atleast at my school anyways....

I think the current membership team is heading in the right direction. It has to be connection and communication, every one on here are tragics and I would guess at 65% - 70% of posters on here are members. We need those passive fans to jump on board and become members.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6