the funniest thing this week in the NRL is:

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm still getting over the whole Ricky Stuart telling us all how much he was to thank for parras form this year.

Showed a few things, one that he has no idea a season is 26 games long before finals and two that he is as dumb as we had all expected. Self obsessed barely functional idiot, someone should make him CEO of a startup

how quickly the daily tele tools turn away from Manly having tried so hard to derail the side and jump onto wests tigers
cheap gutter journalism

HoldenV8 said:
The funniest thing was the refs total blunder on Friday night in Newcastle when the Knights fullback took the ball dead. It should have been a line dropout, but instead the Knights took a 20m tap restart and at the end of that set of six, scored.

Sad because such a basic error was made by the referees and it cost a team a try. Funny because it happened to the Rorters.

I think the refs got it right and the commentators & Robinson should consult the rule book. I was waiting for Rabs to correct Gould.

Before the Newcastle guy touched the ball his foot was grounded outside the field of play. As he was 'out' when he touched the ball the ball is therefore out when he caught it. The ball does not need to touch the ground outside the field of play.

The simplest and most common example is when a kick off goes deep and the player catching it puts his foot behind the dead ball line before he catches it. This makes the ball dead and out on the full and they go back to halfway for a penalty.

Happy for anyone to tell me there is some special rule for a bouncing ball that goes dead??

Recent rule change, was explained on one of the Footy News Shows.

There is a concept of a 'glass wall' which is deemed to be a meter past the deadball line.

The Knights guy touched the ball after he went through this imaginary wall :cool:

So correct ruling on the Rorters making the ball dead, and not the Knights .

From Andrew Voss

What is the dead ball line 'rule'?

I will do my best to explain, as it came up in last Friday night's game between the Roosters and the Knights.

The important thing to realise is there are different verdicts for attackers and defenders.

The ball mid-air only has to have broken the plane of the dead ball line when contacted by a defending player for the ball to be dead. That is providing the defender does not have a foot grounded in the in-goal area. But it does not matter that he may have taken off from the in-goal area, yet not landed over the line when he makes contact with the ball. It is out.

It is different however for attackers; a play made famous by Greg Inglis's leap and flip back for an Australian try at the SCG in 2008. The ball is not dead even if it has broken the plane of the dead ball line, so long as the attacker has launched his lunge for the ball from the in-goal area, but has no part of his body grounded out of play when he makes contact with it.

In the case of the Knights/Roosters incident… the officials got the decision 100% correct.

A few weeks before "I only hit her because she might have self harmed" Ingliss did the now famous post dead ball line bat back a real legend- Jamie Lyon did a better one in a club game for Manly.

Bradza said:
From Andrew Voss

I will do my best to explain, as it came up in last Friday night's game between the Roosters and the Knights.

The important thing to realise is there are different verdicts for attackers and defenders.

The ball mid-air only has to have broken the plane of the dead ball line when contacted by a defending player for the ball to be dead. That is providing the defender does not have a foot grounded in the in-goal area. But it does not matter that he may have taken off from the in-goal area, yet not landed over the line when he makes contact with the ball. It is out.

It is different however for attackers; a play made famous by Greg Inglis's leap and flip back for an Australian try at the SCG in 2008. The ball is not dead even if it has broken the plane of the dead ball line, so long as the attacker has launched his lunge for the ball from the in-goal area, but has no part of his body grounded out of play when he makes contact with it.

In the case of the Knights/Roosters incident… the officials got the decision 100% correct.

Yeah that is fair enough. I can see why alot of people made alot of fuss about the call.

Makes sense though.

Well, if it was a correct call and the Knights ended up scoring....again....sucked in Rorters. You let in a legit try and can't even cry about it.

Bradza said:
From Andrew Voss

One of the simplest rules in the book, no idea why so many were confused.

That's all well and good but surely it's in the NRL's best interests if the ref's boss got on the front foot and explained it as Vossy did ( that is if it is a correct interpretation ). No wonder people are confused, they constantly tweak the rules that even the players ( and video refs ) don't know half the time.

That was always a good thing about Bill Harrigan, every Monday night he was on Talkin' Sport answering questions and explaining decisions - whether they were right or wrong and would admit if they were wrong.

We never hear from Archer. They just let the print media be the puppet masters for the masses.

I haven't seen the play that has been mentioned so can't comment but one thing that really does annoy me is - if you make a genuine attempt to play the ball with your foot but it bobbles around it's called a knock-on even if it goes backwards but if you make no attempt at all it's okay.

this weeks GOLD funny has to be Ricky's press conf after the latest loss to Souths. classic sulky and cranky Ricky. I can't imagine why players would want to put in for him when he levels the blame for loss after loss on them. it might be that the coaches tactics have a bit to contribute too? ...just saying

one more funny thing this week: on NRL 360 last night Paul Kent attempting to become the full authority on the NRL, the game, rules, players - the lot. look out Matty Johns PK is taking over your patch and pretty aggressively.

RiverEagle said:
dowdz said:
manlyfan76 said:
Todd the Carney with the Corby sisters in Bali.
Beat me to it. Good way to get your life back on track lol.

''Great minds...'' as they say, mate.

That's a no-brainer though, isn't it.

Not having a great run with selfies, Todd.

:rolleyes:

Definitely great minds. You would think he would learn. Maybe he should snapchat so the photo disappears

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6