The Forwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Alan said:
Budgewoi Eagle said:
Alan said:
I think JSL may have come of age last night. from the moment he scored that try he looked like a player who knew he earned his place.

When he came to the sideline to go back on he looked like he couldn't wait to get back out there. I predict his improvement will accelerate from here-on.

It's been his enthusiasm that has attracted me to him all along. It's always been obvious he loves being out there and has had the odd flash of skill. I think he's gradually putting on a bit of weight which is helping, along with coaching from The Toove and playing alongside the best in the business. He is really something special.

Agree, got potential. When a player comes into a new team, especially from reggies, no matter how welcome he is made to feel, he often never really feels part of "it" or good enough until he has done something to prove himself.

I think last night was that moment.

Could not agree more!

Well as I expected the forwards who were blasted last week and were the cause of our loss aren't in our top 3 this week.

Can't say I am surprised but glad you guys are not in the coaching team.

Fluffy said:
Well as I expected the forwards who were blasted last week and were the cause of our loss aren't in our top 3 this week.

Can't say I am surprised but glad you guys are not in the coaching team.

I have Choc in mine mate, and simply could not split guys like BJ, Jesse, Ferris and Matty B.

Our pigs were all outstanding, but they'd be the first to say that's their job!

Set the foundations, the platform...whatever cliche you like...And the money*men do the rest.

One without the other doesn't work, of course.

And we only have that 6 points to give, even when there's at least 6 blokes worthy, like last night!

So it seems forwards either "do their job" or "lost the game" yet our higher paid spine either "won the game" or "was behind a **** forward pack"

At least some people see them for what they are at times, look at our last 2 clive churchill's

Fluffy said:
So it seems forwards either "do their job" or "lost the game" yet our higher paid spine either "won the game" or "was behind a ... forward pack"

At least some people see them for what they are at times, look at our last 2 clive churchill's

Not quite Fluffy.

The whole team were poor last week, and the whole team were great Friday night.

Here and everywhere else this weekend ppl are praising the forwards greatly, including me...including above where I said clearly Choc was one of our best.

You're arguing with the phantom mate.

So 1 forward, one of the highest paid forwards gets praise this week and it is all even even though last week it was Starling is ****, Horo should be should and why did someone let Tred's mother give birth.

Hardy even critique but if you think you have been fair by saying choc wet good then good on you champ, pat yourself on the back but I must point out again since you failed to comprehend my point where the majority of posters (whom I thought you were their spokesperson) did not vote our forwards as best on park last Friday.

You also agreed with my "it's their job" line given you think they would say that (as in your interpretation, not what they have actually told you).

I however will continue to observe the imbalance between wins an losses of our forwards "performance" something you are well and truly lopsided on.

PS Champ, I am not your mate, I don't stoop that low

It takes a special kind of bitterness to need an argument this week...

I take your point though Fluffy (but if comprehension is your goal, spell-check and preview a little).

Fair enough on the friendship too.
I'm sure we'll both survive.

Some of the best friends you'll find are in low places though!

Fluffy, it has ever been thus.

For the 50 years I have played and watched the game a forwards 80min of toil can be overshadowed by the 5secs of a brilliant backs try.

The counter balance of that is a forward can have 8 mistakes go unnoticed but let a back miss 1 bomb or 1 tackle and he will be vilified.

I doubt you will change people minds, all you can do is give credit where you see it

Fluffy said:
So 1 forward, one of the highest paid forwards gets praise this week and it is all even even though last week it was Starling is ..., Horo should be should and why did someone let Tred's mother give birth.

Hardy even critique but if you think you have been fair by saying choc wet good then good on you champ, pat yourself on the back but I must point out again since you failed to comprehend my point where the majority of posters (whom I thought you were their spokesperson) did not vote our forwards as best on park last Friday.

You also agreed with my "it's their job" line given you think they would say that (as in your interpretation, not what they have actually told you).

I however will continue to observe the imbalance between wins an losses of our forwards "performance" something you are well and truly lopsided on.

PS Champ, I am not your mate, I don't stoop that low
Come on Fluffy we are all brothers in Manly colours !!!
Every one else hates us so let us not hate each other as well
Go the mighty Sea eagles :)

It's OK @BOZO

I see Fluffy's point ; I was just trying to say a lot of us were very happy and impressed with our forwards, Friday night.

They probably don't get the recognition they deserve often enough ( because we all are quick to highlight their errors and shortcomings ).

I would've gladly given BJ, Ferris and Matty B points in our 3-2-1 thread...It's just not possible to award everyone there.

Doesn't mean at all they go unnoticed or unappreciated!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4