The Forwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Alan said:
susan said:
Agree totally Alan- every pack has a leader that holds them together and ours is Choc.Glen is on the same level in terms of leadership but just cant get on the field these days

It's a strange day, I can't get an argument with anybody. I even agreed with TC.

Meanwhile I've upset my best mate @Rivereagle and @Globaleagle has gone over to Ice hockey, the only group with less teeth than Souff's supporters.

No it's fine old mate; but a strange day, perhaps a stranger week than usual.

NSW win in QLD, Manly blown away, the 'Riff and Parra in the top 8, me taking an interest in global's ice-hockey, anyone agreeing with TC...And now we have a boy named Sue!

Quite a week.

It's all good in the end mate. We roll on as usual and I'll be really surprised (and worried) if our forwards don't rip and tear a lot more against the Dogs. They almost always respond well to a loss and I'm hoping for that and then some come Friday.

And as long as you don't suddenly reveal yourself to be '' Allana'' as well, we're sweet!

Lol.

It's easy to get up for a tough game. All played well against the dogs, rabbits and roosters. What makes a great forward is playing well and motivates every game. Like Choc and Ferris.

Like i said in another thread, it has been out attitude to blame for our losses not our forwards. When we have the right attitude we can beat any team.

torana355 said:
Like i said in another thread, it has been out attitude to blame for our losses not our forwards. When we have the right attitude we can beat any team.

Part of attitude is discipline. Thats not just not giving away penalties, it about staying focused and doing their job. Boys did that in bucketloads tonight. Helps looking after the ball as well.

It's probably impossible for any team to be great every week.

There are so many variables and every team has been off the boil more than once already.

Including the world-beating (say some...) Bulldogs pack tonight.

All you want is our guys to fire up and give it their best when it matters most.

You'll never get perfection.

I was worried like everyone tonight; but once Cherry sparked our attack things clicked into gear and ALL our forwards put in and played their part.

For me, that was BJ's best game for us this year and you could give Ballin a point legitimately every week.

They were all great against the best around.

We can win this effin comp.

I was thinking whilst I watching tonights game, I should probably delete the thread I created earlier in the week...haha.

Oh well, I was genuinely worried, but the fellas made me eat my words tonight, and I have to say that I am ecstatic to be eating them! What a great victory! We didn't win the match with our go forward though, we won it with our defence; in particular the defence from our forwards. The Dogs game plan was to steam roll us up the middle, and ALL the forwards put in a great effort. We minimised the offloads, and negated James Graham, and Big Sam.

I thought Starling was great tonight in D, along with Buhrer, Lui, and JSL. BJ and Choc really stood out with the ball! Fantastic win!

That's why I argued that naked stat about ''most and least metres gained'' wasn't as important as ppl believed.

When their go-forward was challenged, and consistently neutralized, they have no plan B.

We have plans A, B and C!

I thought Dunamis was our best against the Donkeys last week, best game he has played in our colours. The new boys are slowly stepping up to the grade that we expect them to in the last few weeks. By the end of the season these young pups will be playing like giants.

Starling excepted. Let's remember....he did run down a winger. Kept Jorge happy in the process.

We all saw what a difference Choc makes too.

He is the fiercely beating heart of our pack and as solidly Manly as the Fulton-Menzies Stand.

(Does anyone seriously believe his heart and soul aren't at Brookvale...and he'd go to Parra, or anywhere else?)

He's in my 3-2-1 somewhere......I'm just sleeping on it coz I have about 6 to fit in!

I think JSL may have come of age last night. from the moment he scored that try he looked like a player who knew he earned his place.

When he came to the sideline to go back on he looked like he couldn't wait to get back out there. I predict his improvement will accelerate from here-on.

Alan said:
I think JSL may have come of age last night. from the moment he scored that try he looked like a player who knew he earned his place.

When he came to the sideline to go back on he looked like he couldn't wait to get back out there. I predict his improvement will accelerate from here-on.

I was quite pleased with Horo last night mate, but if he falters Jesse may just get a starting spot soon with Choc in the 2nd row.

I'm sure many will say JSL's better value from the bench, and perhaps correctly.

Just a nice position for us to ponder over a lazy long weekend.

Snake said:
I was thinking whilst I watching tonights game, I should probably delete the thread I created earlier in the week...haha.

Oh well, I was genuinely worried, but the fellas made me eat my words tonight, and I have to say that I am ecstatic to be eating them! What a great victory! We didn't win the match with our go forward though, we won it with our defence; in particular the defence from our forwards. The Dogs game plan was to steam roll us up the middle, and ALL the forwards put in a great effort. We minimised the offloads, and negated James Graham, and Big Sam.

I thought Starling was great tonight in D, along with Buhrer, Lui, and JSL. BJ and Choc really stood out with the ball! Fantastic win!

agree !!!

lets not forget how we also played against the team that was offside all night and were slowing down our ruck all game without been penalised.

great win.. completely different team from last week..

Alan said:

It's been his enthusiasm that has attracted me to him all along. It's always been obvious he loves being out there and has had the odd flash of skill. I think he's gradually putting on a bit of weight which is helping, along with coaching from The Toove and playing alongside the best in the business. He is really something special.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Alan said:

It's been his enthusiasm that has attracted me to him all along. It's always been obvious he loves being out there and has had the odd flash of skill. I think he's gradually putting on a bit of weight which is helping, along with coaching from The Toove and playing alongside the best in the business. He is really something special.

Agree, got potential. When a player comes into a new team, especially from reggies, no matter how welcome he is made to feel, he often never really feels part of "it" or good enough until he has done something to prove himself.

I think last night was that moment.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6