• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can see where the customer thing comes from and do agree to a degree.. But

Manly forever, It is unconditional. Never thought about going anywhere else.

Never will go anywhere else.

Disagree totally with the customer thing, customers are fickle they change stores at the drop of a hat, some are loyal but most shop on price ( or in football parlay " success").

Fans aren't fickle, they are passionate and most would never be seen dead in different colours.

Fans can be harvested as customers no doubt BUT always treat us as fans never as mere customers!!

stop being a ****ing sook mate, get behind the boys

Couldn't agree more. Talk of not renewing membership is a joke assuming the doomsayers want the club to survive. I don't support the Penns, zorba etc but do support the maroon and white and have done for close to 50 years. 2015-2016 haven't been great but we were due a rebuild. Not happy about ferris going however bozo, Barrett etc know more about the game than me so I am prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. I have renewed for the whole family including 20 month old grand daughter who went to her 1st game this season.

I have renewed for the whole family including 20 month old grand daughter who went to her 1st game this season.

Give me something here .... did we win that game? .. did we lose? ....is she a lucky charm, can you take her to every game ..... is she a Jonah!!! Burn her burn her .... OMG I'm going mad. sack barrett! sack barret!

Oh? Really?
You must have a much longer and more intimate knowledge of our history than I.
Unless you're just making it up, of course...!
Yeah well the memory can be an asset or an enemy depending on the day I guess.
But, from memory, I can only think of one time that things were even remotely similar and that was 89 when the like of Vautin, Thompson and others were shown the door after loyal service to the club. It was also the way Doug Daley went to training one day and said anyone who wants to go can.... and they did.
I'll exclude the northern eagles days that were brought on by things largely out of the clubs control.
So maybe I'm making it up that players like Ballin, gutho, and now Ferris are shown the door despite being under contract and that we recruit players of less ability.
Then there's Tooves and Donny Singe.
Figments of my imagination.
What I'm not making up is the amusement at the peeps who are so trippily positive on this thread yet negative on others.
Like it or not it's a franchise that ceased to become a club when the penns restructured it.
But I've always thought I followed, for most of my life, something much more than a piece of merchandise.
Anyway probably best discussed over a beer at the leagues club.......
Oh wait....

Disagree totally with the customer thing, customers are fickle they change stores at the drop of a hat, some are loyal but most shop on price ( or in football parlay " success").

Fans aren't fickle, they are passionate and most would never be seen dead in different colours.

Fans can be harvested as customers no doubt BUT always treat us as fans never as mere customers!!
Look at Apple users Mark. Line up for days for a new product. Have no say in it but will buy whatever they put out regardless. It's all consumerism. Just different sides of the same coin.

Here's another thing I want to know was anybody else hijacked by apple supposedly won a free phone.I couldn't get in for 2 days.Does everybody else get these annoying advertisements posting from there phones.

Give me something here .... did we win that game? .. did we lose? ....is she a lucky charm, can you take her to every game ..... is she a Jonah!!! Burn her burn her .... OMG I'm going mad. sack barrett! sack barret!

Unfortunately not it was last game at brookie. Canberra pumped us. Although she did get to see the great man killer do his last lap.

End of the day, everyone's entitled to feel the way they do, and I respect them for that (on both sides of the argument).

The one's we really need to worry about @Wombat Legacy , are probably more those that DON'T post here, and the one's that have turned away.

People are here because they are die hard's generally, so they are already the converted - so we should be empathetic to the way everyone feels in my opinion.

But apart from some aberrations in our history we have never behaved like this.
Manly players who had the club at heart were looked after.

Yeah well the memory can be an asset or an enemy depending on the day I guess ..

My point really was I think the club has always been quite ruthless when it comes to players (and coaches).

I recall as a removalist over 20 years ago doing a job, turned it was for the mother of Phil and Michael Blake, she said the club was great until your form dipped or you got hurt, then they didn't want to know you. She was most unimpressed, and this was long before the Penns.

My point really was I think the club has always been quite ruthless when it comes to players (and coaches).

I recall as a removalist over 20 years ago doing a job, turned it was for the mother of Phil and Michael Blake, she said the club was great until your form dipped or you got hurt, then they didn't want to know you. She was most unimpressed, and this was long before the Penns.
Fair call. Wish wed've kept them because I loved watching Phil play especially but his defence let him down I think was bozo's reasoning where as Michael was the other way round.
But in Ferris case he was captain at times and was in form and under contract.
But it's the on mass changes that were for political reasons I don't like.
But we are privately owned so so be it.
I support the game because of Manly not the other way round so I'll live with it happy or not.
It will come good.
No Manly no game for me.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8