The Footy Show Last Night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz said:
Did not see the Fatty bit but saw the hadley part.

What were the reasons for Zorba being made redundant? I thought it was around him not having the required skills to do the job (if it was performance then you can not make someone redundant)

I did not think it was over the "good sort" comment??
.. The thing is too,he ,Hadley,used his position in the media,to give it to Manly,and his new best mate Zorba,when the discussions were about other things,my hate for Hadley rises, Andrew Moore is a far better caller of the game than him,take a hint Hadley,time to retire your horsehead,so bugger off

Hadley made a knob of himself last night with that blast, but in relation to the comments made by Zorba and Williams - both were at the very low end of the scale and should not be sackable offences. If we let Zorba go because the club is heading in a new direction then thats fine, but from all reports Darrell Williams has been doing a good job and doesn't deserve to be sacked just because some idiot like Hadley comes out with a stupid tirade on national TV.

Here is the link for The Footy shows feedback page....get online and give it to him

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/footyshow/feedback.aspx?formid=2429

Daniel said:
lsz said:
Did not see the Fatty bit but saw the hadley part.

What were the reasons for Zorba being made redundant? I thought it was around him not having the required skills to do the job (if it was performance then you can not make someone redundant)

I did not think it was over the "good sort" comment??

He cant be made redundant because of skills or for not being able to do his job, he can be fired for that though.

Redundancy is if there is no longer a job for you due to new technologies, the company has downsized etc

actually its explained here
http://www.fairwork.gov.au/termination/redundancy/pages/default.aspx

So it is more likely that he was fired for performance.

I know a company i worked for got into trouble, because they made people redundant then immediately hired people in the exact same role

This is all 100% correct. However it was quoted in the papers as saying he received quite a large redundancy payment due to all his years service. Obviously the papers are quite often incorrect but they could have worked it so it was redundancy by changing the role to include extra duties to the one performed by Zorba.

Hadley wanted Manly de-registered for the Battle of Brookvale:p

Manly is in good hands and being steered on a straight course by Perry et al.:angel:

The old guard Media men are all Fwits and redundant IMO. They all live vicariously off the hard work of the Players and the dedication of the Supporters.:dodgy:

Total wanker, don't watch the show but just looked at the rant, boy you can see his allegencies with Zorba shining through can't you.

Zorba wasn't sacked for the "good sort" comment....suspended from duties but not sacked.

The Board, via Perry wanted the club to go in a new direction which encompassed Social Media (something Peter Peters hated), I beleive he was offered a continuing role with the club as "Player Welfare" manager until the date he gave them for his retirement (end of the 2012 season), he declined and the **** then hit the fan after that.

The Hadley rant should be taken exactly for what it is...."yet another media leak to bring down the club"

Not one of our most influential board memebers In Zorba,....Is that who you mean Mark!!!!! lol.

Maybe Zorba can get a gig on Hadlees show and leave us alone....

I just sent an email to the Footy Show basically saying that Hadley is redundant to the program. They have a five-minute serious discussion on issues, with three other credible commentators, and he hijacks the segment.
The Game Plan on Channel Ten is much better.

I just did the same myself, told them I thought he was a total wanker and a disgrace to their show (mind you I never watch it now anyway it's total crap as far as I am concerned)...the Gameplan on 10 is far better

The Who said:
I just sent an email to the Footy Show basically saying that Hadley is redundant to the program. They have a five-minute serious discussion on issues, with three other credible commentators, and he hijacks the segment.

Agree with the first part, but I think the Game Plan is rubbish. They go through the teams? Big deal. We knew that information 2 days ago. When they interview a guest it seems to be a cliche question competition between the panelists and Dean Ritchies hard hitting questions wouldn't knock the skin off a custard. Blockers stories with the kids challenges make the big marn look like 60 minutes. The only half interesting part is the bloke who does the rumours.

@dan you are correct re: redunancy there's actually a 12 month window. My former employee made the Inhouse lawyer redundant then decided it was a mistake and had to wait till the 12 month window was over to recruit a new lawyer.

As for hadley he doesn't hate manly he sees himself as the champion of the people and for everything that should be right in the community.

Hadley normally doesn't get his facts wrong I think he's been manipulated here by a couple of journos because he has almost quoted them
Word for word.

I'll get hammered again for this but I actually like Hadley he is a decent bloke but he's opinionated and I don't always agree with his opinions.

The best thing about all this was Vautin last night he's gone up a few pegs in my eyes.

Ray Hadley - Athens Olympics. Just a reminder:

Ray Hadley goes ballistic from Athens
An explosive leaked tape of 2GB’s Ray Hadley delivering an almighty
spray down the line from Athens had Sydney media circles in a frenzy
yesterday, but Crikey’s subscribers had the story - complete with full
audio of Hadley’s explosive spray - first. Read on…

Subscriber email August 25

2GB’s loudmouth sports jock/morning host Ray Hadley, OAM - as he’s billed on his boastful personal website here - has gone nuclear over his station’s increasingly chaotic Olympic coverage.

Sydney
media circles are a buzz with an explosive bootleg tape doing the
rounds, in which Hadley is heard screaming down the line from Athens
about the incompetence of the 2GB Macquarie news team, demanding that
heads should roll.

The tape is studded with the f-word
(20 by our count). At times, Hadley is incoherent with rage. At one
point he refers to a senior 2GB news director as “a f*cking spastic”,
and demands that he should be fired by the station’s program director,
John Brennan.

Even radio people accustomed to Hadley’s
bullying fits of fury are startled by this one. They say it has hit a
new low. Morale at 2GB, already low over its Olympics fiasco, is now
reported to be bumping along the bottom.

Now we’re sure you want to hear this incredible spray for yourselves…and Crikey can deliver. Listen to it here.

But we must warn you - it’s not for the faint of heart.

And this bloke wants to hang, draw and quarter Darrell Williams over an off-colour joke!

saw it all....hadley IS a gOOse!! and give fatty a break...he captained this club to a premiership and played 200 odd games for us....FFS!!

The first 20min of the weekend CCT is all I can take at least then they talk about footy related stuff then it degenerates into talk about who has the most belly button fluff etc
Hadley is a Hippocrite

Masked Eagle said:
The Who said:

Agree with the first part, but I think the Game Plan is rubbish. They go through the teams? Big deal. We knew that information 2 days ago. When they interview a guest it seems to be a cliche question competition between the panelists and Dean Ritchies hard hitting questions wouldn't knock the skin off a custard. Blockers stories with the kids challenges make the big marn look like 60 minutes. The only half interesting part is the bloke who does the rumours.

Yes. I'll concede that Blocker's segment is lame and not needed, but at least they discuss RL issues for the rest of the program, and they do get good guests, particular Georgie and Kieran. I do think they could be more hard-hitting.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8