The Fight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What did we do wrong? Melbourne started the fight, Manly finished it. We fought the same way we played the game, as a team.

Apparently Sam Thaiday has been spotted at Brisbane airport he got that excited watching everybody running in

Jesus said:
The whole thing was rubbish and may have a real impact on our season, Blair & Glen should get 4 weeks for that crap on the sideline - I'd be pissed if it was any other team and a player got away with that

No wonder you get crucified.

Rex said:
Jesus said:
The whole thing was rubbish and may have a real impact on our season, Blair & Glen should get 4 weeks for that crap on the sideline - I'd be pissed if it was any other team and a player got away with that

No wonder you get crucified.

I'm sorry, it's clearly a great advertisement for the sport our sponsors and the club - that being shown in the media heavily for the next few days.

Fight for what you believe in ? Stand up against the bully, the one who wants to stand over you. Isn't that what Jesus taught ?

From an outsiders view, the brawl was pretty ugly.

I think:

+ Blair will get Grade 3 Striking charge out of it (3 weeks), and a substantial fine.

+ Glen Stewart will get Grade 3 Striking charge out of it (3 weeks), and a substantial fine. With carryovers for previous offence 4 weeks suspension.

+ Lussick will get Grade 2 (2 weeks) or 3 (3 weeks) Striking given his arrival for the second brawl.

+ Brett Stewart will get Grade 1 (1 week) or 2 (2 weeks) Striking or Detrimental Conduct (Grade 1 = 1 week) for coming in late to both fights. The second brawl entry it was obvious what he was trying to do.

+ Melb bench will get an impressive fine out of it for involvement from the bench (despite some of them trying to pull players out of the fight).

+ Manly bench *might* escape with a strong warning.

+ Hinchcliffe will get Grade 2 (2 weeks) or 3 (3 weeks) Striking for the elbow.

================

Whilst most brawls in the NRL are "left on the field" this one was particularily nasty and not at all in the spirit of the game.

I,for one,am on "third man in thaiday's" back all the time.There seemed to be an awful lot of both teams running from the play,to the fight on the sideline.As others have said,this will probably go further,and I fear will have a detrimental effect on our charge to glory.Hope I'm wrong.

Surely you could use your connections and put in a favorable word with god Gallop. Stop eating your fish rolls and do something good for a change.

blair and stewart 1 week each bringing game in to disrepute.......thats all
it was a brawl.....few punches big deal............bit of biff........big stiff

Give Glenn and that Blair grub a week each and be done with it.
It's about time we brought back the biff. The game needs stuff like this occasionally.

Fresh from LU i had to giggle at its accuracy

Poster Lazydreamer
"Gotta laugh at the irony of one of the commentators (too gee'd up to recall who) stating they'd at least face charges of 'bringing the game into disrepute'.

Ironic because if it's a Manly-Melbourne grand final, the footage of Stewart & Blair will be aired every two minutes in the GF promos."

Some people need a good fist to the face. Blair is one of those people.

Gift should have points taken away from his record for laying it on that twat.

You know what? I am drunk right now but anyone that believes we are out for that is kidding themselves. That was the beginning of our finals run and the finish for the Storm.

When I wake up I am going to make a better point to you all as I am not happy with what I am viewing on this forum tonight. Until then, peace out, go Manly.

guys got to settle down abit. Its rugby league and it happens. I think they want to protect the game with women around. I love it last night and i bet so did everyone other person that was at the game.

Yes stewart and blair will be charged.
The problem will be when we had 4 players run in when stewart and blair were going for it on the side line. As if Brett he ran in but missed it all and then was on the top of it and did nothing. I had seen the replay several times.

I though it was great. Fights happen on the footy field.

The NRL will ruin this years semi-finals if they suspend a whole lot of players.
1 week each for blair and stewart and a fine to each club would do it.

Lussick did nothing except slap someone at the back of the head.

Had a text from a St Illawarra supporter right after that blow-up. He was up me! 5 on 1. Manly are pi**-weak. Both Stewarts are dirty grubs. etc etc

I sent back, that if that was the best criticism that he could come up with to counter the brilliance of Manly, then he was weak.

I read some of the reply posts on Foxsports, Bloody Hell. They do HATE us!

Personally, I believe, it was a blue - so what, - they both got down to 12 men for the game, let's get back to footy!

Now, my feelings are the same but perhaps not the Match Review Committee's.

Players ran in to stop the fight, Glenn didn't throw one in the first fight and should never have been sent.

Second one well he did there but the rest came to pull them apart. Maybe not Brett but the rest did

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6