The Fibros and the Silvertails

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
For those who want to see it again or have never seen it, it is back on this week.

ABC2 11.25 pm Wednesday 29 Sept

"The Fibros and the Silvertails is the story of the feud between two football teams that turned into a war about class and alleged corruption.

The teams are Wests and Manly. The year is 1978.

Manly are the new face of rugby league and have won the premiership three times in the last decade. Wests have to look back to 1952.

Then a new coach takes over at Wests. Roy Masters coins the phrase — the fibros and the silvertails — to describe the struggle of the western suburbs against the elite of the city’s north and east.

The season will become a war of words off the field and a battle on the field. The game will be overshadowed by violence and refereeing controversy.

At the start, Wests and Manly are just two teams among many. By the end, they will be bitter rivals. Fibro and silvertail will be part of our language.

This is the story of one of sport’s classic feuds."

Did you read Masters' crap in the SMH yesterday, basically admitting he's West and St George to the core.  Astonishing that a poor writer can feed off temporary notoriety for more than 30 years.

Matabele link said:
Did you read Masters' crap in the SMH yesterday, basically admitting he's West and St George to the core.  Astonishing that a poor writer can feed off temporary notoriety for more than 30 years.

What a decrepid old fool. He was declaring himself to be part of the Purple army these last few years until they were found out to be the biggest cheats in sporting history now he's climbed out of the primevil ooze and back onto the dragqueens. The senile old turd spews more **** from his pen than the old north head sewerage outfall,

The ironic thing is that Master's parents were long term residents of the Northern Beaches. His father was principal of Manly West when I was there and his mother Olga used to write in the Manly Daily. Roy Masters is an imbecile and should have retired years ago.

Sheikheagle link said:
The ironic thing is that Master's parents were long term residents of the Northern Beaches. His father was principal of Manly West when I was there and his mother Olga used to write in the Manly Daily. Roy Masters is an imbecile and should have retired years ago.

I went to Manly West but didnt know the Mr Masters was related to Roy.

The old fool should stick his beligerent articles up his arse and go fishing

he was in the pub my mate was drinking at in Melbourne yesterday. I tild him to go give it to him, but all he said was "You're Roy Masters right" and Roy said "yes" and just kept walking

a chance wasted

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6