The Fans on the hill....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
vidmar said:
Good to See JBB back in NSW and look forward to a catch up soon...

Yeah it feels good, even If i am a westie in leichhardt. See you at the footy

I think the problem is not necessarily getting people to stand together but the fact that the songs are so ****e! Maaaannnly and, Manly clap clap clap is pretty much the full gamut...... Surely a bit of wit and intellect can generate something a bit more engaging. Failing that we're the right side, we're the right side.....would get the whole hill going I reckon.....

Hi all.

Myself and a few others are going to start game-day marches this year starting with the Round 2 match at Brookvale. The march will start outside the Leagues Club then making our way down to the Fortress and congregating on the hill near the bar on halfway.

And by the looks of things here, some of you might be keen to join in. We are going to have the usual chants be we are looking to create some new ones before the season starts.

If you have any suggestions/ideas, could you please send me a PM.

Also like the FB page www.facebook.com/maroonandwhitearmy so you can be informed about the marches and also other game day news

Cameron

Funny story from the UK WCC trip last year....We were in the ground for the final and someone (who will remain nameless) commented that the Leeds fans weren't singing that song we'd heard all through the Warrington Wolves game the week before when they played the London Broncos.

"Which song was that?" I asked.
"The one that went "OH WARRI WARRI, WARRI WARRI WARRI WARRI WARRINGTON!"

"Yeah...Wonder why" says I "They might sing it later I guess...."

The area around the beer shed on the hill is the area to be if you want chants etc., but as Vidmar has already said most people already have their area they have been going to for years, so trying to get the Southerners and Northerners to permanently mix is not likely to happen. Though I agree with the sentiment behind this.

Quite a few of us will pop side to side to say hello, as most have mates on both sides of the shed.

The league is entering its 115th season and there isn't a significant tradition of singing and chanting all through games. Good luck starting one now. For me each play needs to concentrated on, so it's too intense a game to play singalongs.

Brookie4eva said:
The area around the beer shed on the hill is the area to be if you want chants etc., but as Vidmar has already said most people already have their area they have been going to for years, so trying to get the Southerners and Northerners to permanently mix is not likely to happen. Though I agree with the sentiment behind this.

Quite a few of us will pop side to side to say hello, as most have mates on both sides of the shed.

Every second game, north and south. Life is about compromise. Use eachothers chants, be respectful of custom and open up and accept . Just trial it for 4 weeks and see if its worth it. Like really what can anyone really lose

Northerners and Southeners - sounds like Hatfield and McCoy type stuff

And as for marching, I'm glad Manly is a progressive supporter group that embraces supporters of all persuasions ;)

I'm with The Who and Shoe on this, we're there to watch the footy and I'm far from being a prude.

Maybe I'm getting old but the hill is a place I take the wife and kids to watch the footy and have a beer or two and no i don't want to sit in a seat in the grandstand!

There's always pockets of d**kheads that step over the mark.

An organised mob on the hill no matter how sincere they may be will be a target for the fun police, the bigger the mob the harder to control and the end of the hill as we know it, a surefire way to get an all seat stadium.
There's always a perceived intimidatory factor and selfishness associated with such groups so if you must do it, pick a corner rather than split the hill.
I like your passion but....I've never understood the need for orchestrated singalongs.

Happy to promote this on MWTS Facebook page as well.

And we'd love some more likers as well, need about 60 to get to 1000 (which is quite a goal for us!!)

http://www.facebook.com/mwts40nil

So click on here and like if you are not already a liker of the page

Shoe1 said:
The league is entering its 115th season and there isn't a significant tradition of singing and chanting all through games. Good luck starting one now. For me each play needs to concentrated on, so it's too intense a game to play singalongs.

106th season.

bones said:
Shoe1 said:

106th season.

Depending on where your situated:
107th for New Zealand
106th for Australia
118th for England

Lol I don't understand why anyone would be against this?
I'm not saying lets turn our hill crowd into an obnoxious bunch of Luny's that light flares and cause trouble. If those of you that disagree with this idea bothered to read my posts, you would see that what I am trying to do here is bring together those who are keen to sing n chant to make one hell of an atmosphere.
Those of you saying "but the players need to concentrate" haha jeez, what's going to happen when they run out infront of 40,000 at Suncorp or better yet 80,000 at ANZ? They are professionals. They are conditioned to be able to handle and deal with crowd noise. I know a few top line first graders and while they have said yeah the crowd gets to them a bit, when they are playing the adrenalin forces them to block out crowd noise.
Manly Army I am keen to join in on whatever this march is. I come from the side of the hill closest to the score board and I know an abundance of chants. A few I made up myself and always have new ideas. I'm the sort of person that enjoys starting the chants, getting up on the shoulders and getting the crowd rowdy. The ppl I stand with can attest to that.
But my biggest point here is LETS ALL UNITE TO CREATE AN ALMIGHTY SEA EAGLE CHOIR ! Why not! I am more than happy to relocate I don't care where I'm standing as long as I'm on the hill and we are making a f**k load of noise, the opposition teams hate playing at brookie because it's intimidating, imagine what it will be like for them if we get this sorted. I encourage everyone to like that Army Facebook page and to watch this space because whether the people who are against this like it or not, it's happening.

Triple A said:
Lol I don't understand why anyone would be against this?
I'm not saying lets turn our hill crowd into an obnoxious bunch of Luny's that light flares and cause trouble. If those of you that disagree with this idea bothered to read my posts, you would see that what I am trying to do here is bring together those who are keen to sing n chant to make one hell of an atmosphere.
Those of you saying "but the players need to concentrate" haha jeez, what's going to happen when they run out infront of 40,000 at Suncorp or better yet 80,000 at ANZ? They are professionals. They are conditioned to be able to handle and deal with crowd noise. I know a few top line guest graders and while thu have said yeah the crowd gets to them a bit, when try are playing the adrenalin forces them to block out crowd noise.
Manly Army I am keen to join in on whatever this march is. I come from the side of the hill closest to the score board and I know an abundance of chants. A few I made up myself and always have new ideas. I'm the sort of person that enjoys starting the chants, getting up on the shoulders and getting the crowd rowdy. The ppl I stand with can attest to that.
But my biggest point here is LETS ALL UNITE TO CREATE AN ALMIGHTY SEA EAGLE CHOIR ! Why not! I am more than happy to relocate I don't care where I'm standing as long as I'm on the hill and we are making a f**k load of noise, the opposition teams hate playing at brookie because it's intimidating, imagine what it will be like for them if we get this sorted. I encourage everyone to like that Army Facebook page and to watch this space because whether the people who are against this like it or not, it's happening.

Well said mate, well said!

Send me a PM if you want to share your ideas and I can add them to the plan for the march/inside brookvale oval.

Cameron

Will do mate! Lets do this!!!

I don't use this forum too often so I don't know how to PM. Add us on Facebook if you can:

Adam Agresta

I should add here that Triple A is a WCC tourist from 2009 and absolute die hard he also has the second loudest voice I have ever heard from a Manly fan. Top young guy and very passionate , I applaud anyone trying to rally the troops

Mark from Brisbane said:
Happy to promote this on MWTS Facebook page as well.

And we'd love some more likers as well, need about 60 to get to 1000 (which is quite a goal for us!!)

http://www.facebook.com/mwts40nil

So click on here and like if you are not already a liker of the page
59 now mark,
i don't have a fb account but i signed in as the wife to help you towards 1000

I agree with Pontian Eagle, Why not look at how some of the a-league boys do it, Ive been to both sydney fc (The Cove) and western sydney wanderers (RBB), the atmopshere they create is nothing short of amazing. Gets the supporters goin , and the teams.

It works in England, why dont we set the benchmark in the NRL ... win lose or draw the crowds will still flock in for the atmosphere

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6