The fans have been proven wrong with Gifty and Choc

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
Well done to the management team. You have left egg strewn over the face of many of the Manly fans.

So Gifty started with a 6 pack at Souths, the gut came back, his form dips, ended up with injuries ... Boom fail off to England.

Choc, well had a great first game against us, ended up injured, out of form, injured again and missed most of the season. An absolute disgrace.

Meanwhile we have unearthed the best front rower since Webke (JakeT), and possibly an even better one in Liam Knight. We've signed Myles, Brown and are on the verge of signing Tapau.

Tell me that the management team haven't got it right.

I was the first to say that both Choc and Gifty were washed up. Credit must be given to those who made the hard decisions .

Go Manly !

Last edited:
Well done to the management team. You have left egg strewn over the face of many of the Manly fans.

So Gifty started with a 6 pack at Souths, the gut came back, his form dips, ended up with injuries ... Boom fail off to England.

Choc, well had a great first game against us, ended up injured, out of form, injured again and missed most of the season. An absolute disgrace.

Meanwhile we have unearthed the best front rower since Webke (JakeT), and possibly an even better one in Liam Knight. We've signed Myles, Brown and are on the verge of signing Tapau.

I was the first to say that both Choc and Gifty were washed up. Credit must be given to those who made the hard decisions .

Go Manly !
Lol - Loved your description on Gifty - Friggin Hilarious! :tearsofjoy:

Don't think most fans were disappointed to see the back of Choc. Just caused too much disharmony, and was counterproductive. Yeah we lost a workhorse and a bit of a leader upfront, but his low IQ was too much to bear for the team moving forward.

Gifty was a bit of a hard pill to swallow at the time, especially the rift it caused. But looking at things now - management new what they were doing all along.:thumbsup:

Also gotta give a shout out:fearscream: to the management before that, for not holding onto TREX.

Last edited:

Go Manly !
Settle petal.

I think you'd find the vast majority of fans were delighted for Choc to go. Dropped balls, penalties, crabbing sideways, off-field incidents anyone?

Let's not rewrite history but rather look forward and be positive about what's (hopefully) to come!

Glenn stewart was injury prone and would be lucky to make 100 meters in a match. Still had good defense though and was good in attack with lyon on that right edge. Watmoughs minutes were dropping and it was clear he was playing with long term injuries. I still think the management got it wrong last year, and that's why we missed the 8.

but I thought 'Toovey' letting Stewart go was supposed to be a reason for losing his job - therefore the current management didn't agree with the decision. Agree previous mgt i.e Toovey got that right.
Watmough - you don't need to be in management to see letting him go was a no brainer - it freed up cash for DCE and possibly Foran. From what I understand, didn't Watmough engineer his own move out of Manly whilst the management of the day let him do so ? The management also included Toovey.

So, well done Geoff Toovey.

They offered him a two-year deal starting at the end of 2015 apparently. Parra offered a three-year deal, which in effect became a four-year deal when he left with a year to go on his current contract.

I understand what your saying, but having a go at the fanbase because because they were upset about us losing two absolute club legends, and club advocates who took less to stay here seems a little strange.

I absolutely adored both these players at some point, and still wish they were one club players regardless of their form at other clubs.

I personally think they HAD more passion for our club than those others is all.

I understand what your saying, but having a go at the fanbase because because they were upset about us losing two absolute club legends, and club advocates who took less to stay here seems a little strange.

I absolutely adored both these players at some point, and still wish they were one club players regardless of their form at other clubs.

I personally think they HAD more passion for our club than those others is all.
Good post-they were fantastic players during their time here. Unfortunately they have both played in a very tough contact sport for long enough to destroy their bodies. That and age have combined to show that their time at the top is done. All fan bases have their favourites and whinging and moaning is just part of all that. Too many frustrated armchair critics lol

Loved Gifty & Choccy like the rest of you , so many good memories BUT it was time, and both their years in 2015 have been poor.

The ESL will suit Gifty, slower, less defensive game will suit his old bones.

And just think , Doesntmatta have Watnow on about $900k a year for another 3 years, absolute first class recruiting!!

We could have used gifty this year and maybe even next year but choc is a shot duck.

Choc will be lucky to even walk around the field next year with his knees let alone run. I remember seeing the poor bloke making a clean break for the eels late in the season. He could barely run. He's lost more than half the pace he had even from 2013 compared with his great try in round one against the Knights that year when he out sprinted everyone to the try line from 40 out.

All good things must come to an end eventually. Whilst it was unfortunate to see them both go I suppose their time was up and it's now the beginning of a new era.

The team that made the Gift decision is gone, Choc was part of the fall-out and we did offer him a contract...so fail on this point.

He didn't exactly get a gut back, but let's exaggerate and say "Boom fail off to England" to put down a legend of our club who deserves more respect than that.

I agree we are now better off without him, and his behaviour when he left was immature and ungrateful. Once again though, he was a champion for us for a number of years so let's not make the same mistake he did and be ungrateful for that.

Yes those two are outstanding talents and prospects, Myles will be strong for us; however, I am not sold on Brown (Parcell is the one I'm most excited about).

The management team as mentioned above are not responsible for Gift and Choc. Since then they have conducted themselves poorly in many areas, but have also made some good decisions. Personally, I like Barrett as a coaching choice and I think he will do well. I like Myles, Korisou and Parcell as signings; however, I am suspect about Brown and Lussick. I have hopes for some of the lesser known signings also. Certainly something to look forward to in 2016 and beyond.
I was the first to say that both Choc and Gifty were washed up. Credit must be given to those who made the hard decisions
You are amazing, can I please worship you? Come on BB, you are better than that. You don't need to put down two former players (and Manly fans) to try and give yourself a pat on the back. You need to respect our players - especially those who handled themselves with class like Gift did.

You are enthusiastic which is great, and you start more threads than a sweatshop seamstress, which shows passion - I like that BB, just go easy on the other stuff though.

I'm with Ya dude. Although I was a massive fan of both I wasn't upset to see either go. Choc was way past his best and the penalties were mounting and Gifty played a seasons worth of games in 3years.

To me though it's a mistake to let Matt Ballin go. It's a massive call to leave the hooking role to two relative rookies.

If it were me, I would say Matt, 2016 will be your last in FG at the Sea Eagles. Your job from now is to bring through these two young blokes. Depending how his injury pans out, I honestly think that's how it will happen.

Go Manly !

"the management team" have come out and said they wanted to keep gift and Tooves didn't and that is one of the reasons they fired tooves so your post is way off the mark.

Geoff Toovey is responsible for the division it caused, but Management will certainly take the credit for the upside.

I think that is a bit rough on Toovey.. it's pretty well accepted by most that there was a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes that Toovey didn't have control of. It's all dealing with people, ego's and expectations. No one person can manage all that goes on behind the scenes. While part of his job I think it is pretty clear his position became untenable, as they say. Toovey had his ideas on how football should be played which can be debated and it may well prove that his way wasn't the best way. Having to deal with controlling a squad of players and how they play and then contending with owners etc that weren't prepared to back him was only going to end the way it did. Which is a shame. But things move on but we will need to wait and see how the current management decisions pan out. Hopefully for the good of this great club.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7