The extra playmakers make all the diference.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Just watching the Goons v Rorters game. The rorters struggle once the ball has passed through Pierce or Anasta's hands. They have no wide playmakers. Their 2nd rowers are just hard runners their centers rely on someone inside making the hole.
Look at Manly at full strength you have DCE,Foz,Gift,Lyon all playmakers then you have Snake, Matai,Choc,TRex,Buhrer to take advantage.With 4 of those players missing we come right back to an average middle of the field team like the Chooks are. Does anyone think if they were all playing that we would lose to the likes of Parra and Titans. No way.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Agree Mick, take Slater, Cronk and Smith out of the Drizzle and how good would they be ???

I understand that train of thought but we almost have a whole team of internationals, having a few of them out should not warrant losing to the bottom teams on the ladder. imo its all about attitude.

In the next few years we are going to be brought right back to the rest of the comp where we will only have a few international players like most teams. Our defense needs a lot of work tbh.

They can make the difference but no matter who you've got playing, nothing will work unless the team brings the required energy/enthusiasm levels. You need only look at our last 2 games. All energy against the Panthers and we looked great regardless who was missing, lack of effort from all concerned against the Titans and we were rubbish. No doubt talent helps, but if you have 17 guys who are going to have a go from start to finishi you'd be suprised what obstacles you can overcome.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4