The engine room

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
How good were our forwards last night.

Kite simply awesome Perry backing him up and then King off the bench for 126m to give them no rest.

All up our forwards (bench included) made 991m

Melbourne just 601m

White was shown for the imposter that he is last night.  And it was amusing to watch the amount of tackles where our players ran at Crocker's vicinity and he left the tackling to his team mates.

For a self-proclaimed "hit man" he sure seemed to be avoiding the hit last night.

I was staggered the SMH rated his game an 8.  Did they not count the number of times he shirked and dropped off tacles, not to mention all the spilled pill?

He was their only forward to make 100m and they must have felt a need to give someone an 8 just to make it look more even.

Canteen Worker link said:
I thought Bryant was awesome in the last month. Funnily enough I now think we will miss him!
  Cuthbo will be feeling the sting of missing last night.  If he stays with us it will be a good spur for him to fill the breach left by Beaver and Bryant and to a lesser extent, Willo.

Outside of my season bets on Manly (thank ya bookies, thank ya Manly) I only had one bet yesterday and that was Kitie @ $21 with NSWTAB. Bookies were only offering $17. So it was a huge result for me. All good in hindsight to be a smartie but it is just about always won by the men in the engine room and I felt we were going to be way, way too good for them, especially with our strong bench players. White did nothing and if suspended they would have done Storm a favour - in fact he looked gone after only 10 mins. What a cat. Outstanding effort.

Mason won it in '04 while playing at prop, I don't think the Brick with Eyes ever got one?

Can't think of any other props other than Kite and Mason who won it however. Pretty impressive going back to 1986! A very special game from Kite, he was fantastic.

Only DSM5 and I picked Kite for the Churchill. Probably I was the only one to put money on him :) Our bench is just so huge. It is all looking good for years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6