The End of the Stewart Bros Era ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
I'm sorry for starting this thread. I don't really want to. Last night has left me a little depressed.

The game has speeded up, and as we all know, we slow down as we get older. I hope Brett can return at full fitness (for age) and make a great return. Similarly we NEED Gifty to find his fitness, timing and leg speed. Forwards with season ending injuries all over. He is a dedicated defender.

if Brett can return with the same speed he had in the 2011 GF, then maybe we have a good shot a this year's comp.

But if not ?
Comments please.

Never write off a champion and that's what both of these guys are. They'll win us another Premiership yet.

And less than 7 days after what I, and Bob Fulton, said was one of Manlys greatest wins vs Dragons.

Wow.

We need Brett back and fit to train up his replacement. He started this with hoppa (shame that was a waste of time and effort). Whoever is destined to take over from Brett we need the both of them on the field for a large part of a season. Brett has a great read of the game and the best place to share that insight is on the field.

They are both still fine players-we will just have to use them differently now that Brett has lost a little pace and Glen some sharpness on his feet.

Shame on you for starting this, I agree with Susan.....champion players are always that, and these two are absolute champs.

We lose a game and everyone wants to jump off Sydney Heads...fair dinkum, you guys were maybe not around in Northern Eagles days or early Des days THEN you would have had something to complain about.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
I'm sorry for starting this thread. I don't really want to. Last night has left me a little depressed.

The game has speeded up, and as we all know, we slow down as we get older. I hope Brett can return at full fitness (for age) and make a great return. Similarly we NEED Gifty to find his fitness, timing and leg speed. Forwards with season ending injuries all over. He is a dedicated defender.

if Brett can return with the same speed he had in the 2011 GF, then maybe we have a good shot a this year's comp.

But if not ?
Comments please.
The problem with post thing threads like this is they will comeback to bite you on the bottom.

Lets talk Brett first before he copped a freak injury against StMerge he was still considered NSW best fullback and probably the 3rd best in the game behind those 2 Qld germs. So his career is far from up.

As for Glenn he is still finding his feet after a long lay off.

We need to remember its rd 9 and we lost to the roosters and Souths by very little when we were far from our best.

The roosters couldn't create a try against us last night both their tries came from our handling errors.

Be patient it will come together.

CamSmith said:
The problem with post thing threads like this is they will comeback to bite you on the bottom.

Lets talk Brett first before he copped a freak injury against StMerge he was still considered NSW best fullback and probably the 3rd best in the game behind those 2 Qld germs. So his career is far from up.

As for Glenn he is still finding his feet after a long lay off.

We need to remember its rd 9 and we lost to the roosters and Souths by very little when we were far from our best.

The roosters couldn't create a try against us last night both their tries came from our handling errors.

Be patient it will come together.

I hope you are right. We need to find some magic in our attack, and it cannot rely on two players. Up against a tight defence we didnt produce anything imaginative. Yes we have some key forwards out at the moment but there was plenty of dropped ball, poor options, predictable plays, bombed chances.

I want those guys to come back at my bottom like a scorpion.
End of the Era, ? just ban me.

I think that Glenn needs to adjust his game to a new style of play than we had in previous years.

Making comments like that isn't a reason to be banned at all, perhaps just a little more thought when making the comments.

Cam is right, Brett would have been chosen as the Blues fullback so he is "far from the end of an era".

Glen has just come back from a long off season and a fair time off the footy field, he'll improve.....he's a champion and they always do.

the games at brookie - souths/roosters we all know our team and what the mighty eagles are capable of and with our line up... 2nd to none

so i guess its frustrating firstly to see our team lose when we didnt really get beaten by the opposing sides..

then we witness dumb plays and errors ( that we laugh at other teams when they do them ) and not scoring points.
especially in front of a great crowd ( well done to those that were there , i thought we were going to get home with the crowd you guys got the team going ).

not using the bench to our advantage and so on...

then us as supporters start pointing the fingers at what went wrong which players did this and that and that ,im sure its not deliberate to upset others but its natural to vent anger/frustration...

all players get older and not as effective , but i wouldnt say thats our problem yet , were only in may we have had a couple bad games , we are well above the talent of other teams position 5 and under , we just dont have the formula right just as yet , one pass to late , one step to early etc...

i have faith in the boys , the only issue is that it needs to be addressed and rectified sooner than later... i guess we will lose to the hungry storm team next week away , but that will bring desire moving forward...

i love been part of passionate supporters on this forum , i live in the shire and i cant find one Manly supporter..

Manly 2013

Glenn needs match fitness and after3 games that is not enough, he'll come good.

Brett has certainly lost his speed(two knee injuries), but has the nous to still be a force- timing, experience, match brains all come into the equation and he has those qualities in spades.

Wait for the end of year to judge them, or egg may be on faces.

MWSE said:
I think that Glenn needs to adjust his game to a new style of play than we had in previous years.

How does Hiku manage to adjust his play in one week to fit the playing style of the team? Why does a professional representative player need so much longer than a rookie?

Don't be upset. We lost. I remember when I was thinking this back in 2010.

We came back.

The game last night was freaky. They score a try in the first half off an intercept and convert. They also kick a couple of penalty goals and then score an equally freaky try in the last two minutes.

We score two tries. One is great from Matai the other was offside.

Our line wasn't really broken.

If the toss of the coin had gone our way we would have won that game.

Kevinward777 said:
MWSE said:

How does Hiku manage to adjust his play in one week to fit the playing style of the team? Why does a professional representative player need so much longer than a rookie?

Because Hiku has been doing full training with the first grade team from day dot, whereas Glenn has been working with the rehab group.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6