The draw in 2014 (and what might not happen again)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I can almost bet that the "fixed schedule" will go.

They will blame game attendances being down on this (and what a crock of **** that is).

For those of you that travel away to Melbourne / Brisbane / Auckland / Gold Coast and Townsville the ability to know when those games are on, and be able to buy the cheapest airline tickets to get there is a must!!!

I also hope for you locals down there that we don't see as many Monday games as we have HOWEVER being "Foxsports Favourites" that is likely to happen again.

Fingers crossed it will be the same again

Think they'll only revert back to it because of the tv ratings had been on the slide up until th Manly - Rabbitohs PF game.

Got a feeling we'll get a tougher draw then usual

Mark I fear it will again be a Friday night lovefest for Brisbane, even though they were the weakest of the three Queensland sides, and Easts (Gyngell's team) and Souffs ('cause they are the pride of the league, don't ya know!).
We'll cop more Monday night matches than our share, and we'll never see Canberra on free-to-air, even though they are entertaining to watch because of their rocks-or-diamonds results.
Channel Nein rule NRL. We fans are just collateral damage.

The Friday lovefest with the Broncos will continue, it's why we desperately need a second team here.

It's the one thing I hate about living here, the rest is great. !

They also seem intent on rigging the draw to get all the Sydney rivals playing each other twice. This boosts crowds during the season, but means it will be less likely two Sydney teams reach the grand final. Which suits the NRL too as a GF with Storm or Brisbane in it means bigger tv numbers.

Hopefully we get no Monday night games. Despise playing on Monday nights.

ManlyArmy said:
Oh how I would love us to open the season at Brookvale with a Chooks side minus Money Bill.

. . . and half of their team will be tired from representing New Zealand in the World Cup.
I don't know why the NRL doesn't relocate them to Wellington. NZ wants a second team. Easts don't have any junior teams, don't care about local footballers and should give up their area to Souffs who do cultivate their local talent (as well as a few English Brothers).

ManlyArmy said:
Oh how I would love us to open the season at Brookvale with a Chooks side minus Money Bill.

poiltis would make sure that if that game was 1st round it would be played at their home ground

There's a problem I have, they say our supporters don't travel. When was the last time we had an away day game in Sydney? Round 16, 2012 was the last time, all the rest have been night games, which do make it a bit harder for people coming from the beaches!

castle eagle said:
ManlyArmy said:

poiltis would make sure that if that game was 1st round it would be played at their home ground

One day all will be revealed concerning Politis...in the meantime stay tuned to the Oz version of the Sopranos.

Peter C said:
I could be wrong, but I heard somewhere that they are committed to it for next year.

I did read on Twitter today they were going to announce next year's draw in November. Not sure how many rounds. I certainly hope they do. Makes it so much easier when you can arrange flights, accommodation etc well in advance.

With my work roster as it is,with a possible career move,the draw in advance is vital to my chances of getting to any games.It's the only reason I got to Brissie last year (cheap flights and accomm).

Brissie Kid said:
They also seem intent on rigging the draw to get all the Sydney rivals playing each other twice. This boosts crowds during the season, but means it will be less likely two Sydney teams reach the grand final. Which suits the NRL too as a GF with Storm or Brisbane in it means bigger tv numbers.

Hopefully we get no Monday night games. Despise playing on Monday nights.

Imagine how the lads feel about it!

It seems obvious that the main reason crowds were down is the poor performances of traditionally well supported sides like broncos, dragons, eels and tigers.

Also if 9 put the broncos games on Saturday or Sunday their crowds would probably increase - but crowds obviously aren't a priority with scheduling.

Any complaints from 9 about difficulty scheduling the first 20 weeks in advance is shown up as bs when you look at the rubbish that was dished up over the last 6 weeks (the same rubbish as the first 20 weeks) with "blockbusters like scum v parra and dogs v riff (instead of Manly v scum which nobody could have forseen might be a good game).

Exactly BB, there are many reasons why numbers are down TV scheduling in advance isn't one of them.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4